Why does Viz Media ONLY come out with DVD's and not Blu-Ray Box Set?

• Why does Viz Media ONLY come out with DVD's and not Blu-Ray Box Set? I noises that outside of Anime Movies, and Bleach, and the new Sailor Moon Dub currently that only have DVD Box Sets for all there titles. Like why don't that do what Funimation does with all there titles with DVD,Blu Ray Combo Box Set? Which is what Funimation does for mosts of there title but even ones that don't do if for that did give then Blu-Ray and DVD Box Set like there doing for with Dragonball Super. So why Does Viz Media not do the something? I mean Naruto is there biggest title that have? Why do that not have it in a Blu-Ray Box Set? I mean there getting Bleach Blu-Ray Released but it took YEARS for it to get one and it only came after the series was over with. And the new Sailor Moon DUb that made has it however that mainly only b/c that already got all the HD, masters since Toei had then for along time now and well Sailor Moon had been LONG over with for awhile. But outside of that the only other Blu-Rays are the anime movies that do for there anime titles. So why don't that do it like Funimation does? I mean that can only make more money on it?

• No way to really know. no one here works for Viz. Different company, different business model. that's about the only thing we can know for sure

• @Getchman said in Why does Viz Media ONLY come out with DVD's and not Blu-Ray Box Set?:

No way to really know.

^This.

Maybe it's easier to get Walmart to stock anime DVD's than Blu-Rays?
    That's what they do to Funimation.

• Viz has put out... LOTS of bluray sets. Hunter X Hunter is on bluray. One Punch Man is on bluray. Shows from the past few years like Tiger & Bunny, LaGrange, Accel World, etc. have all come out on bluray. And season 1 of JoJo's is slated to be coming out on bluray soon as well.

As for Naruto, they'll probably give it the Bleach treatment eventually, but I don't think HD masters exist in Japan for the early episodes, so it'd have to be upscaled.

But yeah, Viz has done lots of stuff on bluray.

• @SpacemanHardy said in Why does Viz Media ONLY come out with DVD's and not Blu-Ray Box Set?:

Viz has put out... LOTS of bluray sets. Hunter X Hunter is on bluray. One Punch Man is on bluray. Shows from the past few years like Tiger & Bunny, LaGrange, Accel World, etc. have all come out on bluray. And season 1 of JoJo's is slated to be coming out on bluray soon as well.

As for Naruto, they'll probably give it the Bleach treatment eventually, but I don't think HD masters exist in Japan for the early episodes, so it'd have to be upscaled.

But yeah, Viz has done lots of stuff on bluray.

Not to mention both K & K - Missing Kings on Blu-Ray as well