Can you please stop locking my topics Spaceman Hardy?

• @Spaceshotx7 said in Can you please stop locking my topics Spaceman Hardy?:

Also, I don't see why Bang Zoom is doing auditions if the people that are hired to do the voices don't get to voice much because Bang Zoom is only doing no more than 5 anime dubs a year on average.

Bang Zoom is dubbing March Comes in Like a Lion and holding open auditions. I know that wasn't completely your point but I don't pay attention to dubs really and can now name 2 dubs from Bang Zoom this year.

• @Doublethree100 I would like to see Bang Zoom do more anime dubs in the future. Aniplex USA and Ponycanyon USA should license and do more BZ dubs, as well as dub older, sub only ones as well. I want the Voice Actors in California to have as big a role as the Voice actors working for Funimation.

I know you don't know the situation with Symphogear, but I do think Funimation should license and dub the Symphogear anime series for home video release. For that series, I think it may be very important that Funimation negotiate as hard as they can with the Production Committee for the rights to the music in the US to have the songs dubbed. Since the series revolves a lot around singing, dubbing the songs would be very important (otherwise the length of the English script and the voice roles of the US voice actors would be drastically reduced).

Someone just started another forum topic about funimation dubbing Japanese games. Its too bad Funimation doesn't do game dubs.

Ponycanyon USA should license and do more BZ dubs

Ponycanyon hasn't picked up any new shows since Sound Eupho S2 6 months ago so it's not just dubs they aren't licensing now.

• @Doublethree100 why is Ponycanyon USA not doing much these days. There were some titles they picked up that they origionally promised to dub, and then later, they broke their word and released them without a dub. I want them to do more licensing and dubbing (even dub songs in singing scenes like they did in their fist dub).

• @Spaceshotx7 Probably because while Aniplex got stuff like SAO and the Monogatari Series to launch themselves and have some fairly popular shows the only things PonyCanyon got that I ever see talked about are Sound Eupho and Kurumukuro (although that's more because of Netlifx I think). Yuki Yuna has started up again because more stuff is about to come out but the rest really doesn't have much. Although some got kind of big while they were airing like Rokka and The Lost Village.

Edit: Also the prices. Aniplex can get away with it because of the popularity of their shows. I loved Sound Eupho but I'm not paying $90 for 4 episodes.

• @Doublethree100 said in Can you please stop locking my topics Spaceman Hardy?:

@Spaceshotx7 Probably because while Aniplex got stuff like SAO and the Monogatari Series to launch themselves and have some fairly popular shows the only things PonyCanyon got that I ever see talked about are Sound Eupho and Kurumukuro (although that's more because of Netlifx I think). Yuki Yuna has started up again because more stuff is about to come out but the rest really doesn't have much. Although some got kind of big while they were airing like Rokka and The Lost Village.

Edit: Also the prices. Aniplex can get away with it because of the popularity of their shows. I loved Sound Eupho but I'm not paying $90 for 4 episodes.

It's also telling when a company doesn't dub what is clearly their most popular show (Sound! Euphonium),

• @Spaceshotx7 If you really want an anime game to get dubbed into English people have to buy the game when it's subbed it's first week. I know some people might not like it but it's the only way. Look at Digimon for example that when cyber sleuth came out subbed it sold quite well in North America. I believe around 40,000 units on PS4 it's first week. Then the next game that came out over here it was dubbed. Attack on Titan when it came out subbed here it only did around 15,000 units on PS4. Now why would they want to spend even more money that would hurt them in sales since dubbing isn't cheap if they can have it subbed which is cheaper to them? Besides the only huge success with dubbed anime games is Dragon Ball Z and Naruto which sold over 100,000 on PS4 alone when their recent games came out.

• The game that came out after Digimon Cybersluth was dubbed because it was geared towards kids, and was not a sequel to cybersluth. The sequel to Cybersluth is not getting a dub. The Cybersluth games seem to be geared towards a Teenager/adult audience for some reason. Namco/Bandai only dubs older, established franchises that are popular.

• Hey just trying to help answer some questions which I thought you had. But since you seem to know them never mind

Why have Japanese companies stopped giving Funimation permission to make covers of songs in singing scenes in the past year, when a few years ago, they gave Funimation permission?

Because FUNimation actors, particularly the female ones, cannot sing for the life of them, that's why. Less u want ur Caitlin Glass, Alexis Tipton, and friends, singing your perfectly crafted JPOP song with heartfelt lyrics; mistranslated by noobs and nerfed in the style of a drunken Texas country girl.

If I was on the Japanese side, I /gannonban "FUNimation" as well. It is so obvious...

But no matter

• @thegrandalliance said in Can you please stop locking my topics Spaceman Hardy?:

a drunken Texas country girl.

I'm OK with this.

• @thegrandalliance said in Can you please stop locking my topics Spaceman Hardy?:

Because FUNimation actors, particularly the female ones, cannot sing for the life of them, that's why. Less u want ur Caitlin Glass, Alexis Tipton, and friends, singing your perfectly crafted JPOP song with heartfelt lyrics; mistranslated by noobs and nerfed in the style of a drunken Texas country girl.

I guess your saying that the Japanese companies are sick and tired of hearing the US Voiceactors sing, because they don't do it in the way they want to hear it, so effective year or two ago, they forbad Funimation or any licensors from adapting the songs or the English Voice actors doing any covers of the songs or otherwise sing anything in anime ever again. Boy the Japanese are really more overprotective of their songs that the Americans. Forbiding foreign companies from making their own covers of songs, and only wanting the original artists singing in anime worldwide. I'm never going to get an answer directly from the Japanese companies. I left some tweets and facebook messages for Lantis/Love Live committee in japan, and gotten no response.

so effective year or two ago, they forbad Funimation or any licensors from adapting the songs or the English Voice actors doing any covers of the songs or otherwise sing anything in anime ever again.

You're like a dog with a bone for this idea, aren't you?

• @Spaceshotx7

no, that is clearly not what he is saying.

I left some tweets and facebook messages for Lantis/Love Live committee in japan, and gotten no response.

English or 日本語? I doubt they'll even bother looking with English. If you did translate was it with Google translate or did you get someone who actually knows both languages?

• @Doublethree100 Are you saying they would only respond if I posted in Japanese?

• the chances of them reading it will probably increase, but since that's a licensing issue, you are likely not going to get an actual answer

• @Spaceshotx7 There is basically a 0% chance of getting a response posting in English. As @Getchman said they probably won't respond anyway. I'm not sure what Lantis' Twitter is but @LoveLive_staff doesn't seem to reply to anyone so they might not even read replies.

• @Nobu

...and on this farm they had a Duck. EE II EE II OoO!...

Comon, gather 'round now, little kiddies!

Oh, Susanna, o won't you come home to me?"...

That Ol' McDonald had a farm. Ee Ii, EE II, OOOOOO!

'merica!

/courtesy

...and on this farm they had a Duck

Just one?

alt text

'merica!

**** Yeah!