Can you please stop locking my topics Spaceman Hardy?

• I feel like I can't mention certain topics anymore because If I do, Spaceman Hardy will just keep locking my posts. I don't know what will happen eventually if I keep on making posts on the subject that keeps getting locked up. People are so cold towards me, and I can't ever get any nice answers. Bottom line is that I am upset that Funimation has ceased a couple of practices within the past 2-3 years that I really liked, and I can't ever find out why?

Why doesn't Funimation even have a phone number I can call for the corporate offices?

The Uncut, Home Video release versions don't even have anything different or extra that is not in the simulcast version beside the English credits.

• You keep getting answers, but don't need to like the answers you get. The answer isn't going to change, and some things are just not known. Continually making posts on the same subject and expecting a different answer isn't going to get you anywhere.

• @Spaceshotx7 said in Can you please stop locking my topics Spaceman Hardy?:

The Uncut, Home Video release versions don't even have anything different or extra that is not in the simulcast version beside the English credits.

I find their visual quality tends to go up, even if its barely noticeable.

I feel like I can't mention certain topics anymore because If I do, Spaceman Hardy will just keep locking my posts. I don't know what will happen eventually if I keep on making posts on the subject that keeps getting locked up.

In all fairness, you aren't the only one to get the treatment. Issue comes when you make multiple threads about a similar topic, especially in rapid fire fashion. A certain yellow person we all know and "love" just can't stand the idea of watching something all the way through first before making 20 gajillion threads, or make like 30 gajillion about a title that, I feel, has lost its relevancey.

You are referencing dubbing music, of which I personally am against UNLESS it is done by the artist. But no matter how much I try voicing this opinion it gets ignored in favor of it "being more accessible for a domestic audience." You don't pick up a japanese rhythm game and just think that they should've dubbed it, you ARE playing THEIR game after all why would it be their responsibility? You ARE more than welcome to dub over or rewrite the song though so long as you don't plan to monetize it (or if you did, you give the artist some sort of royalty).

• @emdier That was a great clip. I'm going to have to buy that game now. lol

• @Haildodger said in Can you please stop locking my topics Spaceman Hardy?:

@emdier That was a great clip. I'm going to have to buy that game now. lol

Far Cry 3 (And 4) are freaking awesome games, I absolutely love them and it's good timing cause you can get them super cheap normally. The gameplay is a lot of fun but I have always found the best part of them is the villains. Both Vaas (Far Cry 3) and Pagan Min (Far Cry 4) are very charismatic and I always looked forward to the scenes they were in. That monologue is one of my favorite speeches from a video game :)

• @emdier The only Far Cry I've played so far is Primal. I'll definitely be picking those up too,

• @darthrutsula40 said in Can you please stop locking my topics Spaceman Hardy?:

You are referencing dubbing music, of which I personally am against UNLESS it is done by the artist. But no matter how much I try voicing this opinion it gets ignored in favor of it "being more accessible for a domestic audience." You don't pick up a japanese rhythm game and just think that they should've dubbed it, you ARE playing THEIR game after all why would it be their responsibility? You ARE more than welcome to dub over or rewrite the song though so long as you don't plan to monetize it (or if you did, you give the artist some sort of royalty).

I do believe anime should be localized for more domestic audience. There are English and Japanese voice tracks on DVD, and the Japanese version would contain the song by the original audience, while the English version would be sung by the same Funimation voice actor who voices the character. That is how it should be. Otherwise there is no consistency in the English dub. Maybe Funimation should pay royalties to the artists and Japanese companies in exchange for the rights to do their own rendition of the song for the English dub track.

I am asking Spaceman Hardy to quit locking my topics. I hate these gag orders that if I mention certain topics, my post gets locked. I have a voice you know, and I don't want my rights violated. Its just not fair.

@darthrutsula40 said in Can you please stop locking my topics Spaceman Hardy?:

I am asking Spaceman Hardy to quit locking my topics. I hate these gag orders that if I mention certain topics, my post gets locked. I have a voice you know, and I don't want my rights violated. Its just not fair.

WHAT GAG ORDERS?

The reason these threads keep getting locked is because we keep getting into the same back and forth conversations about how we just don't know this stuff. The reason these keep getting locked is that you keep asking the same questions, sparking a cycle of repetition the likes of which we'll never escape.

No one is trying to be harsh or silence you but there's only so many times we can say that we just don't know and won't be able to give you a straightforward answer without eventually just having one of us snapping and screaming.

I use this clip from Ed Edd n Eddy as an example: https://youtu.be/t1pcdE98QTE?t=5m8s

• I'm sorry, everytime I read about "violated rights" on these forums I roll my eyes so hard I fear they will get stuck that way. There are places in the world where women are killed if they're caught reading a book, or children are forced in to fighting and dying in wars there is no reason for them to be a part of, but your rights have been violated because people don't like it when the same thing is asked over and over again, with answers the asker doesn't like so they just keep asking.

Spaceman is an extremely fair moderator, who explains himself quite fairly, gives plenty of warnings and has a much higher tolerance level for bs then I do. How about everyone just lay off him for a bit, chill out and watch some freaking Anime instead of making his job more difficult then it needs to be?

• @emdier Every time I read "violated rights" I read it as someone not really understanding that a non-government institution is fully capable of "watching" what you say. I can't just go to work and shout Fu*k every five seconds and expect to get away with it. I can however go to a public park and shout fu^k every 5 seconds and, while everyone will hate me, they can't exactly do anything about it (legally).

• I keep bring up the same topic over and over again because I can't understand why recently within the past year is Funimation having so much trouble securing the rights to do their own cover of songs in singing scenes for the English dub track? I know they had almost no trouble back in 2009-2015 doing so. What has changed? Is Funimation just not making as much of an effort as they used to?

I had always looked up to Funimation in the past for not only being the only major licensor to dub songs in singing scenes, but the only one that dubbed almost all anime they licensed.

I keep bring up the same topic over and over again because I can't understand why recently within the past year is Funimation having so much trouble securing the rights to do their own cover of songs in singing scenes for the English dub track? I know they had almost no trouble back in 2009-2015 doing so. What has changed? Is Funimation just not making as much of an effort as they used to?

And we keep answering that we don't know.
    I doubt you'll find your answers here.

• When the Voice Actors are getting fed up with all the questions, it's really time to stop. While I don't know who may be taking it too far, but obviously people who are involved are fed and and still have no say in anything. Please keep the voice actors, directors, and other people involved happy.

0_1494967227242_Caitlin Glass.png

• @korrailli Oh wow, she seems really angry. O_o;

I know Clifford spoke up about it some time ago as well. People really need to stop harassing the actors like that. It solves absolutely nothing and just wastes their time and patience.

• If that doesn't drive home the fact that they're beating a dead horse, nothing will.

• When a professional in the industry is publicly posting such frustration, it's really time to stop. We'll just have to accept the fact that we may never know.

• Wow I don't think I ever seen her that angry.

• @korrailli I never seen Catlin Glass this angry. Funimation doesn't like me anymore. They all turned against me since a year ago. Why does these Japanese's companies seem to care about what goes on outside of japan. Why have Japanese companies stopped giving Funimation permission to make covers of songs in singing scenes in the past year, when a few years ago, they gave Funimation permission? How can a Japan music/production committee years back allow Funimation to dub some songs, and then all of a sudden put their foot down and no longer allow anything that contains singing to be sung by US Voice Actors. Even if I go onto the twitter pages for these companies, its in Japanese, and I wouldn't be able to communicate with them because they probably won't understand what I'm saying to them.

If anime and video games are not dubbed as often, then what is the point of dubs these days, and why do dubbing companies like Bang Zoom exist anyway. Like who needs English dubs anyway?

Funimation doesn't like me anymore. They all turned against me since a year ago.

You're taking this way too personally.

Why does these Japanese's companies seem to care about what goes on outside of japan. Why have Japanese companies stopped giving Funimation permission to make covers of songs in singing scenes in the past year, when a few years ago, they gave Funimation permission?

It's their stuff, they can decide how things will go.

How can a Japan music/production committee years back allow Funimation to dub some songs, and then all of a sudden put their foot down and no longer allow anything that contains singing to be sung by US Voice Actors.

That was then, this is now. A lot of things have changed among licensing agreements from years past.

• Yes can we please stop asking this question?

We try to be transparent as much as we can, but you have to understand that there are A LOT of things we cannot say in order to not jeopardize relationships with our Japanese partners/licensors. Many things have changed from a decade ago and things that we could do, we cannot anymore.

If you continue to deal with the fans, actors, and directors in this manner, we may have to blacklist you. Please be reasonable and don't belabor this. You can ask questions, but if you're given an answer, take it for what it is.