Censorship can be fun

• First to be clear I understand completely that Funimation does not control censoring overall and to be clear that's not what this post is really about.
    What the post is about is the funny way some companies decide to censor. For example, in "Seven Mortal Sins" they have chosen to use giant animated stickers to censor as opposed to the conveniently placed steam and light beams of most anime’s.
    While cute I find it quite distracting and it makes the anime difficult to watch since, well the first episode was basically censored the whole time (and for understandable reasons). This basically means you are watching a floating circle for the full episode.
    High school DxD uses the animated stickers also when it’s censored but much smaller and less distracting IMO.
    I find it much more amusing when Animes such as “Love Tyrant” fully address the censoring and make light of it. Animes like that where it’s part of the show to “censor” scenes are much more fun to watch and it doesn’t take away from the show.
    Akiba’s Trip is a great example. While a bit forced at times the creative way they hid some things was pretty amusing and fun to watch.
    Just curious if anyone has a particular preferred way to censor or have a favorite anime where they like the “intended” or Simulcast censor stile/sticker.

• I think its funny how the censors are more distracting than if they weren't there at all. I don't care about what the plot looks like or the backstory, I just want to watch in peace ;-;

• I happen to have watched one or two censored High School DxD episodes because the player switched to it by itself and I find the stickers quite annoying too, if I remember well I saw that kind of censorship too in Heaven's Lost Property. I think it would be less annoying if they didn't half-assed it and made it fit with the actual movement of what's being censored, and maybe using the same color palette too so it doesn't stand out as much.

But I don't like the light beam effect much either, it makes me feel like I'm missing half of the screen when it happens so while it seems more integrated with the actual images, it's not less annoying to me.

• This post is deleted!

• @dcj91x said in Censorship can be fun:

I find it much more amusing when Animes such as “Love Tyrant” fully address the censoring and make light of it.

I hate when they do this because that means the censorship won't be taken out in the home video release.

• @lcdude said in Censorship can be fun:

@dcj91x said in Censorship can be fun:

I find it much more amusing when Animes such as “Love Tyrant” fully address the censoring and make light of it.

I hate when they do this because that means the censorship won't be taken out in the home video release.

That's part of the joke, though. :|

• I found censorship in Gintama hilarious, It was obviously intended as such. Seven Mortal Sins though was unwatchable, imo; I abandoned it.

• @SpacemanHardy said in Censorship can be fun:

@lcdude said in Censorship can be fun:

@dcj91x said in Censorship can be fun:

That's part of the joke, though. :
    Jokes are only funny if both parties are laughing. I personally do not find censoring fun nor funny.

• Yeah. I kinda miss the good old Tokyo ghoul shadows but the Seven Mortal Sins "censorgrams" are fun. Maybe Lucifer just needs to find a better way to activate her booby gps.

• @mikemike1 that's an issue with literally every joke ever told not just censorship though.