Surprising...

• Hello all,

This past Saturday, i happened to be wondering about the re-load of Pokémon The Series. i was checking under CN, but, did not see it. Then, i happened to stumble across Disney XD and there was the new series - - Ash in Hawaii, lol. I'm not sure what was more astounding. The fact that Disney seems to have the rights now, OR, the revamped art style for Ash. What? Was anyone else here as surprised as i was? thoughts?
    Sincerely,
    P.J.

• I pretend Pokémon Sun and Moon don't exist. I despuse the new art style, it's horrendous. Not that I cared much for the last change either.

• Hi Emdier,

How are you? I apologize, i posted this topic then was pulled away documenting some different things over on community.norton.com, still have more to do there... my life on online forums... not sure if it's healthy. (laughs).

You explain,

"I pretend Pokémon Sun and Moon don't exist. I despise the new art style, it's horrendous. Not that I cared much for the last change either."

Strong critique. I was recently talking to someone else who did not care for the art style either. I guess Ash looks more circular? Now, what would you say was the optimal artistic balance for the Pokémon series? Do you think that they "scaled it back" (so to speak) because perhaps the creators thought the show was possibly not appealing to a younger audience? The funny thing is, for me, even though the art style is different, since i've been following the Pokémon series from the beginning, i'll probably stick with it - - or at least my dvr will, lol. It just seems to be one of those things where you (or at least me) wants to see if Ash will finally see the culmination of his dream, therefore, i'm kind of in it for the long haul. One of my friends thinks that the series is just going to go on indefinitely. Did you happen to purchase Sun and Moon the videogames?

Thank you for contributing to this discussion,

Sincerely,

P.J.

• @P.J. said in Surprising...:

How are you? I apologize, i posted this topic then was pulled away documenting some different things over on community.norton.com, still have more to do there... my life on online forums... not sure if it's healthy. (laughs).

I am doing wonderfully, thank you for asking!

You explain,

"I pretend Pokémon Sun and Moon don't exist. I despise the new art style, it's horrendous. Not that I cared much for the last change either."

Strong critique. I was recently talking to someone else who did not care for the art style either. I guess Ash looks more circular? Now, what would you say was the optimal artistic balance for the Pokémon series? Do you think that they "scaled it back" (so to speak) because perhaps the creators thought the show was possibly not appealing to a younger audience? The funny thing is, for me, even though the art style is different, since i've been following the Pokémon series from the beginning, i'll probably stick with it - - or at least my dvr will, lol. It just seems to be one of those things where you (or at least me) wants to see if Ash will finally see the culmination of his dream, therefore, i'm kind of in it for the long haul. One of my friends thinks that the series is just going to go on indefinitely. Did you happen to purchase Sun and Moon the videogames?

I am a very visual person, so I have trouble watching shows with an art style I don't really like. Not just Pokemon, but any show in general and when they unveiled this, I was immediately against it.
    alt text

I don't know what it is about it that I dislike so much, most likely just because I don't much care for change and this style was a big change. I kind of liked how the original style was a bit more spiky and I honestly found it a bit unique, you could always immediately tell when a character was from Pokemon but they have made it a bit less unique.
    alt text

Like I said, it's likely nostalgia talking, as I definitely prefer the series with our original trio. I've watched it all since the beginning though, but have not been following Sun and Moon.

I did! I got Pokemon Sun and it's actually also my least favorite game of the main series (Keeping in mind I have played all the main games and almost all the spin offs such as Ranger, Mystery Dungeons, etc.). Like I said, I don't like change so taking away gyms was very hard for me to accept, as I always liked the mechanic and found it a lot of fun. I did like the world it was set in with Alola, but in general I found it a bit more of a "chore" to get through and I don't think for me it has much replay value. Unlike all the other main games where I have played them, at minimum, 3 times over experimenting with new team combinations and finding new ways to beat the Elite Four.

• Hello again,

Thank you so much for ringing back in. there is more i would like to say, but, now, i find myself hunting down "bot" accounts on this forum (sighs)

Perhaps once that is under control, we can continue talking?

Sincerely,

P.J.

• Bots all cleared out. Thank you for your efforts. ^_^

• @Sophie said in Surprising...:

Bots all cleared out. Thank you for your efforts. ^_^

@Sophie Well I hope we don't get anymore... :/