My Roku is Great.. Funimation App. Not so much

• I have a Roku 3. I bought it for the FUNIMATION app.
    At first it seemed to run fine, it's been a few months or more now and I still cannot get through an entire episode, or a movie without the vidio crashing, turning pink,yellow,green,whatever, while the audio continues on. I have a Premium membership, and my internet connection is 150 Megs per second. Way more than needed. All other apps on the Roku work great. They (FUNIMATION) said they were working on it. That was 2 to 3 ago months ago. It's now May 14th

1. GET IT FIXED !!! PLEASE It's not just me is it???
      Happy Mother's Day.

• I have all the same issues, so it's not just you. All we can do is continue to submit tickets to customer support. The link is at the bottom of every page. Frankly I got tired of submitting tickets, but be advised that they do not respond to the forums. I'm sure this will come into play when it's time for me to renew my sub, if nothing has been resolved.

• Give them some time to fix it. It's only been 6 months ;)

• I have a Roku TLC TV. Several months ago when first using the Funimation app I had the same issues as well as the home page not loading at all. I have deleted and reinstalled the app since then (about a month ago) and have had no issues since then. I have the TV verses the plug in device for Roku, I wonder if that makes a difference?

• I did a reinstall awhile back. It had no effect.

• Same issues here. =(

• I decided to hardwire my Roku instead of using a wireless connection, and it has improved performance with the Funimation app. It's not a fix by any means, but it's better than it was. @RG8 That's something you may want to try. Just because you're capable of achieving those speeds doesn't mean that you will wirelessly. At least with a cable, you know you will hit that speed.

• A brand-new overhauled Roku channel is coming very soon. It's currently going through final QA.

The pink/green issue during playback could be an encoding issue depending on what you are watching, but it could also be a handshake issue. I'm leaning more towards an issue with the app or encoding, but have you tried ensuring that your HDMI cable is plugged all the way in?

Usually, pink or purple is an indication of a handshake issue, and not an issue with the app itself. Other apps may not handshake every time, so that could be why you aren't experiencing the issue with them.

Try unplugging the HDMI from both the TV and your Roku and cleaning both ends of the cable. Then insert the cable firmly into both the TV and your Roku while the TV is off and the Roku is unplugged. If you have a RokuTV, turn it off. Then turn the TV back on, plug in the Roku, relaunch the app, and try one once more to play a video.

If that doesn't work and you see similar issues with the same episodes on other apps, then it's most likely an encoding issue, which we can fix very easily. We just need to know the specific episodes, including Show Name, video type, video number, language, and version.

• @Sophie Do you know if they were ever able to pinpoint what was causing the lock-up issue? That was the one that was getting me.

• @SpacemanHardy lock up issue?

I'm almost entirely off of QA and focused on BA, so I'm not up to speed on all the issues. I can look up the status of bugs, though.

• @Sophie that's good to hear that fixes are in the works. I actually have a thread posted on the forms with the good amount of people having the same problem. for me at least I could confirm it's not the HDMI cable and it seems to happen on every show that I watch most being newly added shows.

• @nickdo Do you see similar issues on other apps on the same videos? I think I have seen this bug reported in our Jira, but I'd need to go confirm.

• @Sophie said in My Roku is Great.. Funimation App. Not so much:

@SpacemanHardy lock up issue?

I'm almost entirely off of QA and focused on BA, so I'm not up to speed on all the issues. I can look up the status of bugs, though.

Basically for some Roku users, once an episode starts playing, the controller becomes totally unresponsive. You can't pause, rewind, or fast-forward the video, and when the episode ends, it locks the entire system up. You literally have to unplug the Roku and do a hard reset to get back to the main menu.

• @Sophie said in My Roku is Great.. Funimation App. Not so much:

@nickdo Do you see similar issues on other apps on the same videos? I think I have seen this bug reported in our Jira, but I'd need to go confirm.

Nope, just on the roku.

• @SpacemanHardy , @nickdo Sounds like a memory leak. I found the bug. It looks like it will be resolved when the new channel is ready.

• @Sophie that's good to hear I can't wait to start watching some shows that I've been holding out on till this got fixed.

do you have a rough estimate to when the update will be ready?

• Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to say when it will be released. It is this year, but it's not like December or anything. It's going through final QA now.

• I was having the same problems until I bought a Roku premiere plus. Expensive but money well spent.

• @Action_Bastard which problems specifically? The video crashing issue?