The Most Extreme Recommendation Thread There Is.

• EXTREME!
    alt text

Notice:

If you do not read the rules, and post something that breaks one of my rules, you will automatically lose a star. Depending on my mood, I may let you off the hook, just know that I rarely tell people that they dun goof'd. I'll tell you now, being polite and fun usually gets you into my good books

On a friendlier note, I'm always looking for a new EXTREME gif for the front page here, so if you have one, post it here for me!

General Rules:

These rules technically apply to every mode!

So what do you do?

YOU COME TO ME, KNEEL IF YOU SO DESIRE, AND THEN, YOU ASK ME SOMETHING ALONG THE LINES OF:

"OI! GIMME SUMTHIN' GUD!"

And give you something "gud" I shall.

Ah but I'd appreciate it if you give me a link to your anime list! If you don't have one, so be it, but just saying, it'll speed up the process of me finding you an anime if I know what you've seen before ^.^

Remember though ol' chaps, this is MY say. You won't have any say in what kind of anime you get; you ask me for something, you get what you get!

Simple as that <3

Oh, but I'm not a total asshole, I'll give you every right to request the following:

Sub or dub (UNLESS I SAY TO WATCH ONE SPECIFICALLY, this doesn't happen often.)

The length of the anime (I understand some people have less time than others, so if you only have time for 12 episodes, I gotchu.)

For the two main modes (Regular and Hardcore) you will gain stars by completing the anime that I give you! However you will LOSE stars by dropping the anime before you're allowed to!

What's the fun part? Well I'm sure you saw me mention gaining/losing stars!

WHEN you acquire at LEAST one star your name will be placed on the appropriate awesome list, with one star!

The same applies to the naughty list, however that's for people with negative points. If your name is on that list, you will have at least one demerit point.

How do you get rid of demerit points? Get stars! How do you lose stars? Get demerit points. (Don't do that)

Oh, and if you don't complete your challenge within one month of receiving it, I will consider it a failure, and you will receive appropriate demerit points.

I will reward stars via chunks of episodes.

What do I mean?

1-15 episodes is one chunk. 16-30 is the next chunk. 31-45 is the third chunk. The actual star values given are explained under each one's actual... explanation ;D

While normally I'd have lots of colours everywhere and a fun colour system for stars, it doesn't seem this forum allows me to use colours. So that's sad. In palce of it, I will put a star (or a demerit) with a number beside it, the number being the total you've earned!

Quick Links:

Introduction

Regular Mode

Hardcore Mode

Sandbox Mode

Events

Awesome List

Current Challenges

Naughty List

• Regular Mode!

This is the classic mode!

So HOW does THIS wonderful mode work?

When I give you a recommendation, you watch it! If you complete it you will get your prize!

HOWEVER

If you drop the anime before episode 5... you will LOSE stars equivalent to however many you would have gained if you had completed it!

Of course now you may be thinking "ay, but what about that moral grey area between after episode 5 and before completion!?"

Well meh, nothing happens if you drop it there, if you didn't like it by episode 5, that's fair

So lets look at the numbers for a moment shall we?

Every 1 to 15 episodes will reward you with 1 star. Every 16 to 30 episodes will reward you with 2 stars! This pattern continues, but mind you, I will never recommend something with more than 40 episodes in length. (This does NOT include multiple seasons, each season will be counted separately)

Which reminds me, you ARE NOT obligated to watch every season of a show that I give to you in this mode, merely the first season. Should you choose to watch any further seasons, I WILL give you stars for them though, I like to think of this as chaining.

• Hardcore Mode

THIS MODE IS EXTREME!!!

WHY IS IT EXTREME!? BECAUSE I SAID SO!!!

What's the point of this eh? Well this is for you brave people out there who want ALLLLLL THE STARS!!!

IN THIS MODE, you get DOUBLE THE STARS FOR COMPLETING WHAT I GIVE YOU! But that's not all, you also LOSE DOUBLE WHAT YOU WOULD HAVE LOST BY DROPPING IT!!!

Not evil enough? Well I daresay I'm not done ol' chap, THIS TIME AROUND, YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO DROP THE ANIME I GIVE YOU! If you drop it between episode 6 and the end, you will LOSE stars! Double the loss of course!

"B-but, awesomedude, what about episodes 1 to 5?"

Oh? Those? No biggie, if you drop before completing episode 5, I will quite literally invert your stars.

You had 10 stars? Now you have 10 demerits.

The numbers though!

Every chunk of episodes will be worth 2 stars! 1-15 = 2 stars, 16-30 = 4 stars, and so on.

Ah but I also won't allow myself to give you anything that is less than 5 episodes in length, be it an anime, or a movie, etc.

I also won't be giving out anything longer than 80 episodes, and as the ONE nice thing I will do for you, that number INCLUDES multiple seasons (unlike regular, which has a cap of 40, but can go past that if an anime has more than one season, each with less than 40 episodes)

FINAL NOTES!

REMEMBER TO TELL ME IF YOU'VE COMPLETED A HARDCORE CHALLENGE.
    If you don't remind me in some way (be it quoting my post, or just telling me straight-up, I'll just be giving you regular stars. And that would be a shame.

You are NOT allowed to watch another anime once you begin your hardcore challenge. I know I can't really enforce this but... I'll trust ya.

• Sandbox Mode

The function of this mode, is quite literally to mix in an older thread of mine that died out.

So what is it?

Just think...

Nothin' to it

You'll never gain stars with this mode, you'll also never lose stars!

On top of that, I'll let you tell me what sort of thing you want to watch! Of course you're always welcome to let me do the choosing as well!

Truly just for if you want an anime and that's it, there are no strings attached

You hate it? Drop it!

You love it? Yippee!

There are absolutely no penalties to this mode, it's almost the same as making your own thread asking for an anime, except you'll let just me do the choosing for you!

• Events!

None! D:

☆☆☆☆☆

Consistent Event Rules:

You are to give me a spoiler-free review when you finish.

You are allowed to drop your event challenge, however upon doing so, you are to tell me why, still without spoilers.

Dropping your challenge will not reward you with your stars.

Every challenge is worth even more than a hardcore would be, and is even easier than a regular mode!

If you do give me spoilers... well I won't do much. You'll probably just upset me (._. )

Only the first 3 people to sign up for the event will be accepted. Everyone past that will be frowned upon.

As a final note, anybody that is currently partaking in a regular or hardcore challenge is allowed to take a break to do the event. I think that's fair.

• The Awesome List: (This is where you lovely people go when you finish things <3)

korrailli ☆1

SpacemanHardy ☆4

• Current Challenges: (This is where I keep track of you people <3)

classyspartan - Regular - Senki Zesshou Symphogear - May 14

SpacemanHardy - Regular - Canaan -
    May 12

EyeOfPain - Regular - Gunbuster + Diebuster - May 19

• Naughty List: (This is where you NOT LOVELY PEOPLE GO </3)

• Alright, I'll give it a go.
    I don't care if it's sub or dub. Nothing super duper long.

• @korrailli said in The Most Extreme Recommendation Thread There Is - The Extremeningining:

Alright, I'll give it a go.

...man, I assure you this looked more impressive when I could center text and stuff ('-' )

YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN:

School-Live!

(DO NOT read the genre tags, they're a spoiler)

• Not sure I get this completely but I'll give it a try.

Basically you recommend me a thing to watch and I watch it right?

I watch Sub or Dub, and if possible I'd prefer it to be something that's streaming legally on either Netflix, Crunchyroll, or Funimation:

https://myanimelist.net/profile/Pasta8000

• @classyspartan said in The Most Extreme Recommendation Thread There Is - The Extremeningining:

Not sure I get this completely but I'll give it a try.

Basically you recommend me a thing to watch and I watch it right?

I watch Sub or Dub, and if possible I'd prefer it to be something that's streaming legally on either Netflix, Crunchyroll, or Funimation:

https://myanimelist.net/profile/Pasta8000

You got it :P

YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN:

Senki Zesshou Symphogear:

(3 seasons)

• @awesomedude20 said in The Most Extreme Recommendation Thread There Is - The Extremeningining:

@korrailli said in The Most Extreme Recommendation Thread There Is - The Extremeningining:

...man, I assure you this looked more impressive when I could center text and stuff ('-' )

YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN:

School-Live!

We are gonna be here a while if I don't post my list. Watched School Live as it aired.

My list Thingy

• @korrailli said in The Most Extreme Recommendation Thread There Is - The Extremeningining:

@awesomedude20 said in The Most Extreme Recommendation Thread There Is - The Extremeningining:

@korrailli said in The Most Extreme Recommendation Thread There Is - The Extremeningining:

YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN:

School-Live!

We are gonna be here a while if I don't post my list. Watched School Live as it aired.

My list Thingy

Wow, you have seen your fair share XD

YOU HAVE BEEN RE-GIVEN:

Ano Natsu de Matteru

(Heads up about the last episode having a small after-credits scene.)

• @awesomedude20 said in The Most Extreme Recommendation Thread There Is.:

@awesomedude20 said in The Most Extreme Recommendation Thread There Is - The Extremeningining:

YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN:

School-Live!

My list Thingy

Wow, you have seen your fair share XD

YOU HAVE BEEN RE-GIVEN:

Ano Natsu de Matteru

(Heads up about the last episode having a small after-credits scene.)

Just started it and can tell the feels are going to be strong here. Not many shows get me before the OP on the first episode (looking at you Orange). Now to see how quickly I can finish.

• Alright. I'll take you on.

Give me something English dubbed, up to 26 episodes, legally streaming on Netflix, Crunchyroll, Funimation, or Hulu.

Oh, and it has to be something I haven't already watched.

That having been said, here's my list:

http://www.anime-planet.com/users/SpacemanHardy

I would offer to do a Hardcore challenge, but unfortunately I'm also doing the #YearOfFairyTail challenge where we're required to watch one episode of Fairy Tail every day, so that would conflict with your rules of not watching anything else until its done. That is, of course, unless you were to make an exemption in this case.

• @SpacemanHardy said in The Most Extreme Recommendation Thread There Is.:

Alright. I'll take you on.

Give me something English dubbed, up to 26 episodes, legally streaming on Netflix, Crunchyroll, Funimation, or Hulu.

I would offer to do a Hardcore challenge, but unfortunately I'm also doing the #YearOfFairyTail challenge where we're required to watch one episode of Fairy Tail every day, so that would conflict with your rules of not watching anything else until its done. That is, of course, unless you were to make an exemption in this case.

@SpacemanHardy How do you guy even keep track of your list of all just anime show you watch?

• @gohan6425 said in The Most Extreme Recommendation Thread There Is.:

@SpacemanHardy said in The Most Extreme Recommendation Thread There Is.:

@SpacemanHardy How do you guy even keep track of your list of all just anime show you watch?

I would assume one at a time. It's not that hard to keep up with adding shows as you watch them. Even for airing shows, just add an episode each week as you watch. If you work on a list for a few years, it adds up without being too much work.

• @SpacemanHardy said in The Most Extreme Recommendation Thread There Is.:

Your list is terrifying ;D

And yes, I can make an exception for stuff like that ;)

YOU HAVE BEEN FORCED INTO:

Zone of the Enders: Dolores, I

• @gohan6425 said in The Most Extreme Recommendation Thread There Is.:

@gohan6425 said in The Most Extreme Recommendation Thread There Is.:

Personally, I sat down one day and a long hard think about all the stuff I've seen, and wrote ALMOST all of it down. I then proceeded to add them to myanimelist.com and when I remembered another one I had seen, I simply added it :P

Now I'm caught up and it's easy, I just add the ones I want to watch to my "Plan to watch section"

When I start one of those I move them to "Watching"

and if I finish that anime, I put it in "Completed" and rate it :P

• @awesomedude20 said in The Most Extreme Recommendation Thread There Is.:

YOU HAVE BEEN FORCED INTO:
    Zone of the Enders: Dolores, I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hdJysQdtLg