Microsoft's Sneaky Tricks...

• Recently, i had the unwelcome surprise of opening up my IE 11 and discovering a "news feed" link in the top right corner when i opened up a new tab. Apparently, this was part of Microsoft's recent update: KB4019264. In add/ remove programs in Windows 7, they had the audacity to categorize this nuisance as a "security update". Sorry Microsoft, but a link for your sub-par news feed is hardly what i would classify under "security". Bottom line, i immediately removed this update and set my Windows updates to not automatically install, rather, consult me first of what updates would like to latch onto the system. If other important updates were "rolled" with this update, oh well, they're not getting installed. Micros. will have to re-release any important fixes without hijacking my IE 11.
    Sincerely,
    P.J.

• People still use Internet Explorer?

Do some research on the available web browsers for Windows, You'll find one that suits you better than IE.

• At least he's up to Windows 7.

• Hi guys,

Yeah, my IE 11 is the Inori Aizawa version, so, i'll be hanging on to that for as long as i can. it's fine, just as long as Micros. doesn't over-step their bounds. if i wanted modifications to my browser, i would have kept checked the box that explains, "Install new versions automatically". To be honest, i'm a person that was pleased with Win XP Professional. i've heard not so glowing reviews of both Win 8 and 10, so, not looking forward to when i finally have to upgrade.
    Sincerely,
    P.J.