Japanese audio nonexistent?

• I've been getting really frustrated as of late because of this issue. A lot of shows just don't seem to have Japanese audio as an option, it also seems to be disappearing from shows as well. For instance, I was in the middle of rewatching highschool dxd and when I went back to watch the next episode, there was no Japanese audio option. I went back through the episodes I had already watched in Japanese and the audio has disappeared from there as well. I rely on Funimation to watch anime that might not be on crunchyroll, but I just can't watch most anime dubbed.

If someone could tell me the reason behind this I would really appreciate it.

• Does it say that's it not available in your country? I just tested it and that's what it said when I tried playing it in Japanese audio I wonder if that's bc CR just got S1

• subbed content is slowly being moved to Crunchyroll. DxD season1 made it's way over there last week.

• @Getchman said in Japanese audio nonexistent?:

subbed content is slowly being moved to Crunchyroll. DxD season1 made it's way over there last week.

Content isn't bring removed from here when it's put on Crunchyroll. It's only current shows that will be English only, well outside of the few new simulcasts they still do.

@NoobToNovice I still have all it with Japanese, it's likely the site is just messing up for you. Stuff from time to time bugs and stops being listed, but is still there.

EDIT: Please do NOT post F-bombs on the forums. -SH

• @darkdeath174 from the blog post

When will subtitles on FunimationNow go away?
    Subtitled content for titles affected by this agreement will be removed from FunimationNow in phases, with the transition expected to be completed by the end of 2016. We will keep you up to date with these changes on our Blog. Subtitled content for a small selection of titles will remain on FunimationNow based on previous licensor agreements.

I'd say it's safe to say if a show is now on Crunchyroll the subs probably will be removed from here (aside from a few exceptions like AoT and MHA)

• @Doublethree100 That's not the case it seems, all shows uploaded to CR still have there Japanese on here and even new uploads of the DVD and Blu-ray materials have Japanese.

Funimation seems to now be the home for Simuldubs, not dubs only. So it's safe to assume all their simulcasts on CR will end up here once the DVD/BDs are out.

• @darkdeath174 I just checked and The Future Diary no longer lists Japanese at all 0_1494549152657_1.png
    same with Romeo x Juliet 0_1494549229803_2.png
    Assassination Classroom does though so maybe just the stuff recently added? 0_1494549434755_3.png

• @Doublethree100 Weird, those all still have Japanese for me. Unsure who has the bug, you or me. If they are following through with removing stuff once it's on CR, I shouldn't still have it.

• Why is this information not given when signing up for a subscription. I do not want to watch stuff dubbed if I can avoid it and now everything that is in my que is English only. Not impressed.

• @ruuk said in Japanese audio nonexistent?:

Why is this information not given when signing up for a subscription. I do not want to watch stuff dubbed if I can avoid it and now everything that is in my que is English only. Not impressed.

this blog post should help you out a bit. huge gap between Dec and May, but hopefully they plan to keep it updated now

https://www.funimation.com/blog/2016/11/30/schedule-of-subbed-shows-coming-off-funimation/