Black Butler Episode 38??? Theme Song and not English Text...

• Black Butler Episode 38??? Theme Song and not English Text... 1st Theme Song was not shown until like 3 minutes of the episode. Also another thing before the Theme Song was show at the bottom of the screen there what Japan Texts pasting by for a whole minutes that was NOT in English may I add... Also during the theme song all the text was in Japan and not put into English! Like REALLY Funimation? How lazy can you be!? And don't said it was not edited in b/c the DVD and Blu-Ray have been out now so this SHOULD have been fix unlike the Fairy Tail Zero... What happen?

• @gohan6425 said in Black Butler Episode 38??? Theme Song and not English Text...:

Black Butler Episode 38??? Theme Song and not English Text... 1st Theme Song was not shown until like 3 minutes of the episode. Also another before the Theme Song was show a the bottom of the screen there what Japan Texts pasting by for a whole minutes that was NOT in English may I add... Also during the theme song all the text was in Japan and not put into English! Like REALLY Funimation? How lazy can you be!? And don't said it was not edited in b/c the DVD and Blu-Ray have been out now so this SHOULD have been fix unlike the Fairy Tail Zero... What happen?

Sometimes the opening song doesn't come right away. I've seem episodes where it don't come until 5 minutes into the episode.

The credits don't seem to get translated anymore. Some I have seen having the translation beside the Japanese, but I haven't really seen the whole OP changed into English. The English credits might be at the end of the episode or at the very end of the series (I really can't remember for Book of Circus)

• The credits not being translated is more than likely Aniplex's doing.

• @SpacemanHardy said in Black Butler Episode 38??? Theme Song and not English Text...:

The credits not being translated is more than likely Aniplex's doing.

@SpacemanHardy Does Funimation do that? When that pick up the title? That did it for Season 1 and 2?

• @korrailli said in Black Butler Episode 38??? Theme Song and not English Text...:

@gohan6425 said in Black Butler Episode 38??? Theme Song and not English Text...:

Black Butler Episode 38??? Theme Song and not English Text... 1st Theme Song was not shown until like 3 minutes of the episode. Also another before the Theme Song was show a the bottom of the screen there what Japan Texts pasting by for a whole minutes that was NOT in English may I add... Also during the theme song all the text was in Japan and not put into English! Like REALLY Funimation? How lazy can you be!? And don't said it was not edited in b/c the DVD and Blu-Ray have been out now so this SHOULD have been fix unlike the Fairy Tail Zero... What happen?

Sometimes the opening song doesn't come right away. I've seem episodes where it don't come until 5 minutes into the episode.

The credits don't seem to get translated anymore. Some I have seen having the translation beside the Japanese, but I haven't really seen the whole OP changed into English. The English credits might be at the end of the episode or at the very end of the series (I really can't remember for Book of Circus)

@korrailli No there not aless not in this episode... That had the Japan credits during when the animation was still going pasting by though the side from left to right but it was in Japan no English Text... Just dumb on Funimation part...

• I think the question being asked is about the the credits like "created by:" or "produced by" or "song:" not the lyrics to the song.

The credits generally do get translated after the blu-ray release.

And as an aside: I think gohan is on episode 38 now guys.

• @darthrutsula40 said in Black Butler Episode 38??? Theme Song and not English Text...:

I think the question being asked is about the the credits like "created by:" or "produced by" or "song:" not the lyrics to the song.

The credits generally do get translated after the blu-ray release.

And as an aside: I think gohan is on episode 38 now guys.

The credits are alway change the English! Season 1 and 2 of Black Butler had English Words in it for the Ending and Theme Song and not Japan Texts! And Yes I just finish watching Episode 39 now... And the ending Japan Text and not English which is PER LAZINESS on Funimation part...

• @gohan6425 Again, it was probably Aniplex's fault.

You have to remember: Book of Circus was licensed after Aniplex of America effectively declared war on all the other licensing companies. So there's a good chance they chose to refuse to offer Funimation the clean openings and endings and forced them to keep the Japanese credits. Because, ya know... they can do that. :\

• @SpacemanHardy said in Black Butler Episode 38??? Theme Song and not English Text...:

@gohan6425 Again, it was probably Aniplex's fault.

You have to remember: Book of Circus was licensed after Aniplex of America effectively declared war on all the other licensing companies. So there's a good chance they chose to refuse to offer Funimation the clean openings and endings and forced them to keep the Japanese credits. Because, ya know... they can do that. :\

@SpacemanHardy But how? If that have the licensed why would that need the ok from Aniplex?

• @gohan6425 Because that's how things roll. Forget what Eric Stuart taught you about "Once we license it, we can do whatever we want." That might have worked for Yu-Gi-Oh! back in the day, but it certainly isn't the case now.

Basically, the only reason that Funi is even able to license new seasons of Black Butler in the first place is because they were smart enough to sign what is called a "Grandfather Clause". That basically gives them first dibs to any and all new TV seasons, OVAs, or feature films that come out related to that particular series.

HOWEVER!!!

While that gives them the rights to license, dub, and sell the product in question, Aniplex has any and all right to say "However, you must do such-and-such" in order for them to even hand over the masters. And if Funimation wants those masters, they gotta play ball.

In other words, this is Aniplex's cheap little way of raining on Funi's parade. Funi gets the licensing rights, sure, but AoA makes them bend to their will in order to do so.

Because Henry Goto is a big meanie-head and I hope he steps in dog shit. -_-*

• I for one am ok with the Japanese credits if I don't have to pay aniplex prices. Can't really afford a bajillion dollars per 3 episodes.

• @korrailli said in Black Butler Episode 38??? Theme Song and not English Text...:

I for one am ok with the Japanese credits if I don't have to pay aniplex prices. Can't really afford a bajillion dollars per 3 episodes.

^ What she said.

I for one am ok with the Japanese credits if I don't have to pay aniplex prices. Can't really afford a bajillion dollars per 3 episodes.

Same here. I never really pay attention to the writing, I just want the animation and music. Usually I just skip credits anyways.

I just thank whoever is responsible for Funimation having Book of Circus to begin with. I love having a copy on my shelf, and that likely would not have happened through Aniplex.

@gohan6425 Because that's how things roll. Forget what Eric Stuart taught you about "Once we license it, we can do whatever we want." That might have worked for Yu-Gi-Oh! back in the day, but it certainly isn't the case now.

Basically, the only reason that Funi is even able to license new seasons of Black Butler in the first place is because they were smart enough to sign what is called a "Grandfather Clause". That basically gives them first dibs to any and all new TV seasons, OVAs, or feature films that come out related to that particular series.

HOWEVER!!!

While that gives them the rights to license, dub, and sell the product in question, Aniplex has any and all right to say "However, you must do such-and-such" in order for them to even hand over the masters. And if Funimation wants those masters, they gotta play ball.

In other words, this is Aniplex's cheap little way of raining on Funi's parade. Funi gets the licensing rights, sure, but AoA makes them bend to their will in order to do so.

Because Henry Goto is a big meanie-head and I hope he steps in dog shit. -_-*

@SpacemanHardy 1st of all when it come Yu-Gi-Oh 4KMedia is still changing thing bro so your wrong on that and that also have there own English Song which is great b/c I love it! :) Eric Stuart would not lie about that he work on the show hell he director Yu-Gi-Oh Anime... Even in the Movie that used the Old English Soundtrack. yes I know about the "Grandfather Clause" which is safe to say Funimation will get any new rights to FMA Show if one is made ever to I guess? But now my next question is, will there be Japan text for the Anime Movie coming out to then!????? Surely Aniplex is not going to lazy with a movie RIGHT? Also btw who Henry Goto and why he a "meanie-head"?

• Different companies are a completely different ball game. They can likely get away with a lot more then Funimation can get away with from Aniplex.

And who knows, it depends on the contract that they signed for FMA. Although I am willing to bet the chances of getting more FMA are slim regardless (Makes me incredibly sad though :( It's the best series). Not counting the live action, but I would assume Aniplex is not a part of that.

And who knows, I guess you can see how they handle movies by checking out Sword Art Online's film, it should give a good idea.

BTW, for the last time. DIRECTOR. NOT DICTATOR.

• @emdier said in Black Butler Episode 38??? Theme Song and not English Text...:

Different companies are a completely different ball game. They can likely get away with a lot more then Funimation can get away with from Aniplex.

And who knows, it depends on the contract that they signed for FMA. Although I am willing to bet the chances of getting more FMA are slim regardless (Makes me incredibly sad though :( It's the best series). Not counting the live action, but I would assume Aniplex is not a part of that.

And who knows, I guess you can see how they handle movies by checking out Sword Art Online's film, it should give a good idea.

@emdier I not really a fan of FMA I think the show overrate if I been real with you... I watch it before on AS and on AS Toonami and I just don't see why it so good? It never was to me... I was just using that as example that Funimation would mostly get the rights just like that got the rights to this Black Butler Anime Movie...

• @gohan6425 said in Black Butler Episode 38??? Theme Song and not English Text...:

@emdier said in Black Butler Episode 38??? Theme Song and not English Text...:

Different companies are a completely different ball game. They can likely get away with a lot more then Funimation can get away with from Aniplex.

@emdier I not really a fan of FMA I think the show overrate if I been real with you... I watch it before on AS and on AS Toonami and I just don't see why it so good? I was just using that as example that Funimation would mostly get the right just like that got the right to this Black Butler Anime Movie...

Technically, I like both, but Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is the one that is my favorite series of all time. And I mean that's cool, everyone likes different things. I do not understand what's good about Dragonball Z, but I do begrudge people who like it.

But anyways, you can't really draw comparisons because they are different series and could have completely different contracts, we don't really know.

• @emdier said in Black Butler Episode 38??? Theme Song and not English Text...:

@gohan6425 said in Black Butler Episode 38??? Theme Song and not English Text...:

@emdier I not really a fan of FMA I think the show overrate if I been real with you... I watch it before on AS and on AS Toonami and I just don't see why it so good? I was just using that as example that Funimation would mostly get the right just like that got the right to this Black Butler Anime Movie...

Technically, I like both, but Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is the one that is my favorite series of all time. And I mean that's cool, everyone likes different things. I do not understand what's good about Dragonball Z, but I do begrudge people who like it.

But anyways, you can't really draw comparisons because they are different series and could have completely different contracts, we don't really know.

Yes I know FMA and FAB are 2 different show. FMA aka the 2003 Anime was a made up ending where the 2006 Series of FMB was the Manga Ending I watch both bro... And I was not into to either... I do thing the Manga Ending though was the better ending of 2... The Guy getting the girl in the end I though was a much better ending then 1 being trap in another timeline. The 2003 Ending I though was dumb and the movie that was basic around the after events of the 2003 Anime was even more screw up... Rather then make up for the shited ending of there made up ending that when down a deeper pact and the ending of the movie just keep everything same in the end... As for then being different show sure there but I SURE if Funimation did it with Black Butler that did it with Fullmetal Alchemist too... As for why Dragonball Z big? B/c well as CM Punk alway used to Because is the BEST IN THE WORLD! AND IT OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also like Dragonball Z or not ALWAY remember if there was no Dragonball Z there would be NO Funimation which mean all the titles you buy from Funimation would not be here, Funimation there company was build on Dragonball Z...

Yes I know FMA and FAB are 2 different show. FMA aka the 2003 Anime was a made up ending where the 2006 Series of FMB was the Manga Ending I watch both bro... And I was not into to either... I do thing the Manga Ending though was the better ending of 2... The Guy getting the girl in the end I though was a much better ending then 1 being trap in another timeline. The 2003 Ending I though was dumb and the movie that was basic around the after events of the 2003 Anime was even more screw up... As for then being different show sure there but I SURE if Funimation did it with Black Butler that did it with Fullmetal Alchemist too... As for why Dragonball Z big? B/c well as CM Punk alway used to Because is the BEST IN THE WORLD! AND OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did not state you did not know which was which. I was simply clarifying which one I liked better. Brotherhood was, in my opinion, leagues better then the original.

Fullmetal Alchemist Broterhood had everything. An awesome soundtrack, amazing animation, freaking awesome fight choreography, well developed characters, a fascinating and well paced plot, it is just my perfect anime. I understand it's not yours, and that's cool.

I mean, come on, it has the most epic, badass character in history.

alt text

And no, I will not be convinced of otherwise, I am a shameless Roy Mustang fangirl (Like, legit the only anime character I've had a crush on, he's freaking awesome) and I will stay that way.

I didn't say I didn't know why Dragonball Z was popular, I just know I don't like it. All I was stating.

As far as the actual question of the thread, I think Sword Art Online Ordinal Scale will be a good indicator of what you can expect as far as credits and translations.

Yes I know FMA and FAB are 2 different show. FMA aka the 2003 Anime was a made up ending where the 2006 Series of FMB was the Manga Ending I watch both bro... And I was not into to either... I do thing the Manga Ending though was the better ending of 2... The Guy getting the girl in the end I though was a much better ending then 1 being trap in another timeline. The 2003 Ending I though was dumb and the movie that was basic around the after events of the 2003 Anime was even more screw up... As for then being different show sure there but I SURE if Funimation did it with Black Butler that did it with Fullmetal Alchemist too... As for why Dragonball Z big? B/c well as CM Punk alway used to Because is the BEST IN THE WORLD! AND OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did not state you did not know which was which. I was simply clarifying which one I liked better. Brotherhood was, in my opinion, leagues better then the original.

Fullmetal Alchemist Broterhood had everything. An awesome soundtrack, amazing animation, freaking awesome fight choreography, well developed characters, a fascinating and well paced plot, it is just my perfect anime. I understand it's not yours, and that's cool.

alt text

And no, I will not be convinced of otherwise, I am a shameless Roy Mustang fangirl (Like, legit the only anime character I've had a crush on, he's freaking awesome) and I will stay that way.

I didn't say I didn't know why Dragonball Z was popular, I just know I don't like it. All I was stating.

As far as the actual question of the thread, I think Sword Art Online Ordinal Scale will be a good indicator of what you can expect as far as credits and translations.

Sword Art Online Ordinal Scale was not even English Dub for the Movie though? As for the most bad ass badass character in history I think not when you got a like Zero from Code Gesss...

alt text

Sword Art Online Ordinal Scale was not even English Dub for the Movie though? As for the most bad ass badass character in history I think not when you got a like Zero from Code Gesss...

Sword Art Online definitely has a dub

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-03-14/sword-art-online-ordinal-scale-english-dub-screenings-begin-april-22-in-u.s/.113434

And sorry, it's definitely Mustang. :p Look at that beast.

alt text