Is Black Butler "Jack the Ripper" a Guy or a Girl????

• Is Black Butler "Jack the Ripper" a Guy or a Girl???? I mean at 1st I though he was girl then again I though Ciel was a girl at 1st and and Ciel is a Boy for sure... But Jack the Ripper seen like someone who act like a girl I mean it has a crush on Sebastian Michaelis. I mean I guess Jack the Ripper could be a guy and just be gay for Sebastian Michaelis I guess. Just wonder?

• Please stop spamming, its really bothersome.

• @darthrutsula40 said in Is Black Butler "Jack the Ripper" a Guy or a Girl????:

Please stop spamming, its really bothersome.

@darthrutsula40 I not spamming I asking question! If you don't have answer leave me alone!

• Rapid posting about the same general topic without anyone replying in between is spamming. Take it from someone who does it on a regular basis to get attention. Its spam.

• @darthrutsula40 said in Is Black Butler "Jack the Ripper" a Guy or a Girl????:

Rapid posting about the same general topic without anyone replying in between is spamming. Take it from someone who does it on a regular basis to get attention. Its spam.

IT NOT THE SAME TOPIC SO LEAVE ME ALONE! Not trying get attention I trying to learn about the show!

• I assume you mean Grell? Grell is at least biologically a male, but identifies as female. So I guess Transgender would be the appropriate word.

• @korrailli said in Is Black Butler "Jack the Ripper" a Guy or a Girl????:

I assume you mean Grell? Grell is at least biologically a male, but identifies as female. So I guess Transgender would be the appropriate word.

@korrailli Who Grell? The Red Hair Ripper was called "Jack the Ripper"... Basic on the real life killer... Hell that even had this Jack the Ripper kill the same people the REAL Jack the Ripper kill... In 1888 same year too...

• @gohan6425

This is Grell
    alt text

Grell is a Shinigami or God of Death (also known as a Reaper). His job is to reap the souls of people who have recently died. He works with Madame Red (Ciel's Aunt) and both do killings as "Jack the Ripper".

@gohan6425

This is Grell
    alt text

Grell is a Shinigami or God of Death (also known as a Reaper). His job is to reap the souls of people who have recently died. He works with Madame Red (Ciel's Aunt) and both do killings as "Jack the Ripper".

@korrailli Yes I know what his job is as a Grim Reaper but he was known as Jack the Ripper... So he is a Guy? Then he Gay then?

• @korrailli said:

Grell is at least biologically a male, but identifies as female.

@gohan6425 said in Is Black Butler "Jack the Ripper" a Guy or a Girl????:

That he Gay then?

No. That's not the same thing.

• @Nobu said in Is Black Butler "Jack the Ripper" a Guy or a Girl????:

@korrailli said:

That he Gay then?

If he is biologically a Male but is identifies as female that into Sebastian that mean he gay... "Biologically" means he a male does not madder if he "identifies" as female your still a male at the end of the day inless he get a you know what and boobs he a MALE and he into Sebastian which make him gay not that there not anything wrong with that but fact are facts...

• @gohan6425 said in Is Black Butler "Jack the Ripper" a Guy or a Girl????:

@Nobu said in Is Black Butler "Jack the Ripper" a Guy or a Girl????:

@korrailli said:

That he Gay then?

If he is biologically a Male but is identifies as female that into Sebastian that mean he gay... "Biologically" means he a male does not madder if he "identifies" as female your still a male at the end of the day inless he get a you know what and boobs he a MALE and he into Sebastian which make him gay not that there not wrong with that but fact are facts...

I can see you have a great grasp on the difference between sex and gender. Sex is based on your genitalia, gender is what your brain feels. Not everyone who is transgender has the desire to do hormone treatments or surgery, but it doesn't make them less transgender as someone who does do hormones and/or surgery.

As Grell is in the late 1800's (and was actually alive earlier than that), there was no option for hormone treatments or really surgery. Grell's gender is even at best ambiguous. The rest of the Shinigami are all male as well. in the case of Grell, I am not actually sure what the proper pronouns would be, but using male pronouns is generally what is done.

Considering we are taking about a Shinigame and a Demon, I am not sure how much sex, gender, and sexual preference some into play.

@korrailli said:

That he Gay then?

If he is biologically a Male but is identifies as female that into Sebastian that mean he gay... "Biologically" means he a male does not madder if he "identifies" as female your still a male at the end of the day inless he get a you know what and boobs he a MALE and he into Sebastian which make him gay not that there not wrong with that but fact are facts...

I can see you have a great grasp on the difference between sex and gender. Sex is based on your genitalia, gender is what your brain feels. Not everyone who is transgender has the desire to do hormone treatments or surgery, but it doesn't make them less transgender as someone who does do hormones and/or surgery.

As Grell is in the late 1800's (and was actually alive earlier than that), there was no option for hormone treatments or really surgery. Grell's gender is even at best ambiguous. The rest of the Shinigami are all male as well. in the case of Grell, I am not actually sure what the proper pronouns would be, but using male pronouns is generally what is done.

Considering we are taking about a Shinigame and a Demon, I am not sure how much sex, gender, and sexual preference some into play.

@korrailli Sorry but that wrong on all level... I rather not getting into to a debate about this b/c it a very itchy circumstances but any scientist would back me up on this... If your a guy just b/c you said you a female or wanted to be a female does not make you one you need to have the surgery to become one... If you don't your a GUY not a female plain and sample... Ask a cop that and there tell you that too... If said Grell got throw in Jail guess where he going? In the jail with guys not the girls... That how it works! If your Biologically a male your a male it does not madder if he "identifies" himself as a female he still a male at the end of the day which yes them him being into a guy make him gay weather he wanted to called himself a female does not madder... Disclaimer not trying offend anyone who is gay or transgender this my view point on this...

@korrailli said in Is Black Butler "Jack the Ripper" a Guy or a Girl????:

@korrailli said:

That he Gay then?

@korrailli Sorry but that wrong on all level... I rather not getting into to a debate about this b/c it a very itchy circumstances but any scientist would back me up on this... If your a guy just b/c you said you a female or wanted to be a female does not make you one you need to have the surgery to become one... if you don't your a GUY not a female plain and sample... Ask a cop that and there tell you that too... If said Grell got throw in Jail guess where he going? In the jail with guys not the girls... That how it works! If your Biologically a male your a male it does not madder if he "identifies" himself as a female he still a male at the end of the day which yes them him being into a guy make him gay weather he wanted to called himself a female does not madder...

So you won't be accepted as your preferred gender unless you're wealthy enough for surgery.

Got it.

I don't know why this matters so much anyways. Why does it matter if he's guy or gal? He's a shinigami, that's all we really need to know.

@korrailli said:

That he Gay then?

@korrailli Sorry but that wrong on all level... I rather not getting into to a debate about this b/c it a very itchy circumstances but any scientist would back me up on this... If you a guy just b/c you said you a female or wanted to be female does not make you one you need t have the surgery... if you don't your a GUY not a female plain and sample... Ask a cop that and there tell you that too... If said Grell throw in Jail guess where he going? In the jail with guys not females... That how it works! If your Biologically a male your a male it does not madder if he "identifies" himself as a female he still a male at the end of the day which yes them him being into a guy make him gay weather he wanted to called himself a female does not madder...

Once again, there is no point it trying to educate you since you don't seem to learn. I would suggest you watch "Wandering Son", as it specifically deals with teens and exploring their gender identities, but it's subtitles, so you won't watch it and will just complain.

• @emdier said in Is Black Butler "Jack the Ripper" a Guy or a Girl????:

@korrailli said:

That he Gay then?

@korrailli Sorry but that wrong on all level... I rather not getting into to a debate about this b/c it a very itchy circumstances but any scientist would back me up on this... If your a guy just b/c you said you a female or wanted to be a female does not make you one you need to have the surgery to become one... if you don't your a GUY not a female plain and sample... Ask a cop that and there tell you that too... If said Grell got throw in Jail guess where he going? In the jail with guys not the girls... That how it works! If your Biologically a male your a male it does not madder if he "identifies" himself as a female he still a male at the end of the day which yes them him being into a guy make him gay weather he wanted to called himself a female does not madder...

So you won't be accepted as your preferred gender unless your wealthy enough for surgery.

Got it.

I don't know why this matters so much anyways. Why does it matter if he's guy or gal? He's a shinigami, that's all we really need to know.

@emdier Not trying to offend anyone who is gay or transgender as that there right to be one this is just my view on it... "So you won't be accepted as your preferred gender unless your wealthy enough for surgery." Well if a transgender never got the surgery and go to jail he going in the gender he was born with so... I not really wrong on this issue... Like I said this my view point on it... But I was just asking what he was b/c I never really could finger him out...

@korrailli said:

That he Gay then?

@korrailli Sorry but that wrong on all level... I rather not getting into to a debate about this b/c it a very itchy circumstances but any scientist would back me up on this... If you a guy just b/c you said you a female or wanted to be female does not make you one you need t have the surgery... if you don't your a GUY not a female plain and sample... Ask a cop that and there tell you that too... If said Grell throw in Jail guess where he going? In the jail with guys not females... That how it works! If your Biologically a male your a male it does not madder if he "identifies" himself as a female he still a male at the end of the day which yes them him being into a guy make him gay weather he wanted to called himself a female does not madder...

Once again, there is no point it trying to educate you since you don't seem to learn. I would suggest you watch "Wandering Son", as it specifically deals with teens and exploring their gender identities, but it's subtitles, so you won't watch it and will just complain.

@korrailli Well I can't b/c it subtitle... But like I said already not trying to offend anyone who is gay or transgender as that there right to be one this is just my view on it... And like said if you go jail you go in the jail the gender you where born with any cop would tell you that... Also I have educate myself on madder, I know people that are gay so I really am not trying come off here in a bad light.

Well if a transgender never got the surgery and go to jail he going in the gender he was born with so..

So someone who was born male, has lived as female for say 10 years, and is only known as a female, but has not had surgery will go to a mens prison? That will go well as she gets assaulted, raped, and otherwise royally screwed, but it's the right way because they have not had surgery, so they are male.

Grell is Grell, The character is intentionally ambiguous. Just like Hange in Attack on Titan, the sex has never been confirmed one way or the other in the source material.

A little research does go a long way. There are numerous documentaries on transgendered people

Well if a transgender never got the surgery and go to jail he going in the gender he was born with so..

So someone who was born male, has lived as female for say 10 years, and is only known as a female, but has not had surgery will go to a mens prison? That will go well as she gets assaulted, raped, and otherwise royally screwed, but it's the right way because they have not had surgery, so they are male.

Grell is Grell, The character is intentionally ambiguous. Just like Hange in Attack on Titan, the sex has never been confirmed one way or the other in the source material.

A little research does go a long way. There are numerous documentaries on transgendered people

@korrailli Unforunately Yes that what would happen... As madder a fact that did a Episode about this issue on a show called "Law and Order SVU" I would recommend you watch it... I try to find the name of the Episode is you wanted to watch it?

• Wait hold the phone, I look away for a few hours and I come back to Gohan arguing GENDER POLITICS?!?!?!

With all due respect Gohan, I'm not likely to take your opinion that you think know better on a sensitive, controversial and delicate issue when half the time you don't seem to understand how Google works.

Also my dude, I just went to check the Black Butler thread listing.

You made 12 separate threads in 5 days.

12 threads. In 5 days.

Like it or not, that IS excessive and bordering on spam.