Who win a Chess Game Lelouch vi Britannia vs. Ciel Phantomhive? Discussion

• Who win a Chess Game Lelouch vi Britannia vs. Ciel Phantomhive? Discussion

Who win and why? Give good reason basic on what that both done in Chess this is not a battle just a Chess Game...

• I think Lelouch vi Britannia wins. Why? Because he is never lose in the show and like to out think his opponent. I could see him out thinking Ciel. With his trick "If the King does lead how can he had subordinates to follow".

• We are asking the wrong question here.

We should be asking if Shikamaru could have an opponent who could beat him. (My answer is yes, Mitth'raw'nuruodo)

• @darthrutsula40 said in Who win a Chess Game Lelouch vi Britannia vs. Ciel Phantomhive? Discussion:

We are asking the wrong question here.

We should be asking if Shikamaru could have an opponent who could beat him.

Shikamaru is indeed a strong strategist.

He's also got a fine ass babe of a wife too.

• @darthrutsula40 said in Who win a Chess Game Lelouch vi Britannia vs. Ciel Phantomhive? Discussion:

We are asking the wrong question here.

We should be asking if Shikamaru could have an opponent who could beat him. (My answer is yes, Mitth'raw'nuruodo)

@darthrutsula40 Uh I don't think he can beat Lelouch vi Britannia... In chess that is...

• @gohan6425 We need to get Death Battle in on this. The ULTIMATE chess game between fiction's best strategists!

• This is actually a bit of a hard question, as they really are both intelligent characters. My knee jerk reaction is to say Lelouch, just because he's older and it seems to me he would be more versed in strategy, but then again Ciel is constantly playing as well.

Both are actually extremely similar characters. Ruthless when the situation calls for it (I would almost argue that Ciel has a situation of crueler behavior then Lelouch) and try to put a lot of thought in to many moves down the road. Sometimes his decisions surprise even Sebastian, and that is saying something.

I dunno, I may actually be siding with Ciel on this one, just because his plans seem to work out more often then Lelouch's do, he's a child and yet he manages to be pretty close with the queen.

Plus, when I really think about it, I think I like Ciel's character a bit more then Lelouch. Just a little.

I'm gonna go with him.

alt text

@gohan6425 We need to get Death Battle in on this. The ULTIMATE chess game between fiction's best strategists!

@darthrutsula40 More like Cartoon Fight Club... Though I know AR since I on the research team would not be into the idea and with the AD boycott he not doing as many fight right now since he losing money.

• Although these guys would rule all. They are super OP

alt text

• @emdier said in Who win a Chess Game Lelouch vi Britannia vs. Ciel Phantomhive? Discussion:

This is actually a bit of a hard question, as they really are both intelligent characters. My knee jerk reaction is to say Lelouch, just because he's older and it seems to me he would be more versed in strategy, but then again Ciel is constantly playing as well.

Both are actually extremely similar characters. Ruthless when the situation calls for it (I would almost argue that Ciel has a situation of crueler behavior then Lelouch) and try to put a lot of thought in to many moves down the road. Sometimes his decisions surprise even Sebastian, and that is saying something.

I dunno, I may actually be siding with Ciel on this one, just because his plans seem to work out more often then Lelouch's do, he's a child and yet he manages to be pretty close with the queen.

Plus, when I really think about it, I think I like Ciel's character a bit more then Lelouch. Just a little.

I'm gonna go with him.

alt text

@emdier Him being close with the queen really does not madder much in a chess game Lelouch is prince so that logic does not madder. It a madder of who would win in chess. But there are same thing happen with Lelouch in surprise people... Though I guess Lelouch could just cheat and used his Geass Eye... ;) But I can't see Lelouch doing that unless he had to. Lelouch is very smart to do thing on his own and only used the Geass eyes if he had to or if it apart of the plan. I know the trick of "If the King does lead how can he had subordinates to follow" would throw Ciel off his game but I don't know for how long.

0_1494207635897_tumblr_mbluc76Qq71r9ea2qo1_r2_500.gif

• Lelouch is very smart to do thing on his own and only used the Geass eyes if he had to or if it apart of the plan.

Except for those very few times when it wasn't a part of the plan.

And if he can use his eye that allows Shikamaru to use his myriad of jutsus. So obviously using your supernatural powers are not allowed.

Which leaves us with Zero (more like Shiro though) and Thrawn in this scenario. At which point they realize that the ONLY way it could work is they flip a die to see who goes first, with the stipulation that a tie goes to the one who got to go second.

You know... because playing perfectly (both players) would mean that the best case scenario for the guy going second is a tie.

• @gohan6425 said in Who win a Chess Game Lelouch vi Britannia vs. Ciel Phantomhive? Discussion:

@emdier said in Who win a Chess Game Lelouch vi Britannia vs. Ciel Phantomhive? Discussion:

This is actually a bit of a hard question, as they really are both intelligent characters. My knee jerk reaction is to say Lelouch, just because he's older and it seems to me he would be more versed in strategy, but then again Ciel is constantly playing as well.

I'm gonna go with him.

alt text

@emdier Her being with queen really does not made much in a chess game Lelouch is prince so that logic does not madder. It a madder of who would win it chess. But there are same thing happen with Lelouch in surprise people... Though I guess Lelouch could just cheat and used his Geass Eye... ;) But I can't see Lelouch doing unless he had to. Lelouch is very smart to do thing on his own and only used the Geass eyes if he had to or if it apart of the plan. I know the trick of "If the King does lead how can he had subordinates to follow" would Ciel off his game but I don't know for how long.

My point was, he is intelligent enough to have worked his way up the ladder to work under the highest in the land. Lelouch was born in to royalty and while Ciel is most certainly born a noble, he is not quite the same level as Lelouch. To get to where he is in that time frame, at that age, takes a lot of work and strategy... Plus a demon butler. When Lelouch was that age, he was still out messing around and playing with Suzaku and Nunnally, Ciel has not had the luxury of ANY kind of peace after the death of his parents.

I doubt Ciel would be thrown off by an aggressive approach to the game like a lot of Lelouch's opponents are.

If Lelouch can use his Geass, Ciel should be able to use contract with Sebastian and I fear Lelouch would lose in that fight :P

Just a note, Lelouch has lost to two people (Although one certainly cheated his way to that victory), Mao and Schneizel. So he's certainly not unbeatable.

• @emdier said in Who win a Chess Game Lelouch vi Britannia vs. Ciel Phantomhive? Discussion:

@gohan6425 said in Who win a Chess Game Lelouch vi Britannia vs. Ciel Phantomhive? Discussion:

@emdier said in Who win a Chess Game Lelouch vi Britannia vs. Ciel Phantomhive? Discussion:

I'm gonna go with him.

alt text

@emdier Her being with queen really does not made much in a chess game Lelouch is prince so that logic does not madder. It a madder of who would win it chess. But there are same thing happen with Lelouch in surprise people... Though I guess Lelouch could just cheat and used his Geass Eye... ;) But I can't see Lelouch doing unless he had to. Lelouch is very smart to do thing on his own and only used the Geass eyes if he had to or if it apart of the plan. I know the trick of "If the King does lead how can he had subordinates to follow" would Ciel off his game but I don't know for how long.

My point was, he is intelligent enough to have worked his way up the ladder to work under the highest in the land. Lelouch was born in to royalty and while Ciel is most certainly born a noble, he is not quite the same level as Lelouch. To get to where he is in that time frame, at that age, takes a lot of work and strategy... Plus a demon butler. When Lelouch was that age, he was still out messing around and playing with Suzaku and Nunnally, Ciel has not had the luxury of ANY kind of peace after the death of his parents.

I doubt Ciel would be thrown off by an aggressive approach to the game like a lot of Lelouch's opponents are.

If Lelouch can use his Geass, Ciel should be able to use contract with Sebastian and I fear Lelouch would lose in that fight :P

Just a note, Lelouch has lost to two people (Although one certainly cheated his way to that victory), Mao and Schneizel. So he's certainly not unbeatable.

@emdier Not true even as a kid Lelouch was stated in the anime to have beat EVERYONE in chess other then Prince Schneizel even people that where older then Lelouch it was stated in the anime could not beat Lelouch in Chess... Also Sebastian would not know about Geass so I don't think that would work anyways... Also he only lose to Mao b/c Mao Geass alot him to read his mind aka all his moves...

• @gohan6425 said in Who win a Chess Game Lelouch vi Britannia vs. Ciel Phantomhive? Discussion:

@gohan6425 said in Who win a Chess Game Lelouch vi Britannia vs. Ciel Phantomhive? Discussion:

I'm gonna go with him.

alt text

@emdier Not true even as a kid Lelouch was stated in the anime to have beat EVERYONE in chess other then Prince Schneizel even people that where older then Lelouch it was stated in the anime could not beat Lelouch in Chess...

Really, my main point is Ciel was constantly adapting to survive, and that adaptability translates in to other aspects in life. I'm not saying Lelouch did not play chess in that time, I am saying his life is not quite the constant struggle that Ciel's is.

I was pretty sure it stated somewhere that Schneizel beat him at some point. I'll have to see if I can find the part I am thinking of.

And Sebastian knows everything about everything :P The Geass may not even work on him either.

I'm gonna go with him.

alt text

@emdier Not true even as a kid Lelouch was stated in the anime to have beat EVERYONE in chess other then Prince Schneizel even people that where older then Lelouch it was stated in the anime could not beat Lelouch in Chess...

Really, my main point is Ciel was constantly adapting to survive, and that adaptability translates in to other aspects in life. I'm not saying Lelouch did not play chess in that time, I am saying his life is not quite the constant struggle that Ciel's is.

I was pretty sure it stated somewhere that Schneizel beat him at some point. I'll have to see if I can find the part I am thinking of.

It was stated Schneizel only beat Lelouch as a kid but that no one else in the royal family could beat Lelouch even people who where older then him. When that both play chess in the anime the chess game ended in a draw. Mao only won b/c his Geass could read anyone mind aka know Lelouch moves before he knows his move. Sebastian know everything in HIS world not the world of Code Geass... Though Sebastian vs. Suzaku could be a good fight...

I'm gonna go with him.

alt text

It was stated Schneizel only beat Lelouch but that no one else in the royal family could beat Lelouch even people who where older then him. When that both play chess in the anime the chess game ended in a draw as a kid. Mao only won b/c his Geass could read anyone mind aka know Lelouch before he knows his move. Sebastian know everything in HIS world not the world of Code Geass...

I did say that Mao cheated, I am aware that he did.

And just like they may not know the rules of the Geass world, Lelouch wouldn't know about Ciel's world, he likely wouldn't know to look out for Sebastian. No one knows he's a freaking demon. I honestly think your underestimating how useful Sebastian is, I cannot see Ciel going in to the match blind. He would find out one way or another.

Although it's worth noting that the creator of Code Geass doesn't really know chess anyways, people have always complained about how the game in depicted in the show.

I'm gonna go with him.

alt text

It was stated Schneizel only beat Lelouch but that no one else in the royal family could beat Lelouch even people who where older then him. When that both play chess in the anime the chess game ended in a draw as a kid. Mao only won b/c his Geass could read anyone mind aka know Lelouch before he knows his move. Sebastian know everything in HIS world not the world of Code Geass...

And just like they may not know the rules of the Geass world, Lelouch wouldn't know about Ciel's world, he likely wouldn't know to look out for Sebastian. No one knows he's a freaking demon. I honestly think your underestimating how useful Sebastian is, I cannot see Ciel going in to the match blind. He would find out one way or another.

Although it's worth noting that the creator of Code Geass doesn't really know chess anyways, people have always complained about how the game in depicted in the show.

@emdier Well Suzaku need to "LIVE" so he could show his own against Sebastian... It not that I underestimating it just chess game not a fight. It a game not a fight to the death unless you wanted to make it in that way?

I'm gonna go with him.

alt text

@emdier Well Suzaku need to "LIVE" so he could show his own against Sebastian... It not that I underestimating it just chess game not a fight. It a game not a fight to the death unless you wanted to make it in that way?

I feel like the pride of the characters would turn it in to a fight, neither of them takes losing very well haha