Black Butler license ending?

• I noticed on the Funimation Twitter recently that Season 1 of Black Butler will be leaving Funimation sometime later this month. Twitter post: https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/860562366601338882

I haven't seen anything about this posted anywhere on the Funimation website or any mention of it in the Blog. In the past, when a license was expiring @Sophie (or someone on the Funimation staff) would post about the license expiring and the date when it was expiring. (Recent examples: Baccano, Sekirei & Birdy the Mighty)

Can someone official share the official date when Black Butler season 1 will no longer be available from Funimation?

• Also sharing this information on a Blog post would be helpful for everyone else who might not be checking Twitter or other Social media.

Thanks!

• @geekboyatl said in Black Butler license ending?:

I noticed on the Funimation Twitter recently that Season 1 of Black Butler will be leaving Funimation sometime later this month. Twitter post: https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/860562366601338882

I haven't seen anything about this posted anywhere on the Funimation website or any mention of it in the Blog. In the past, when a license was expiring @Sophie (or someone on the Funimation staff) would post about the license expiring and the date when it was expiring. (Recent examples: Baccano, Sekirei & Birdy the Mighty)

Can someone official share the official date when Black Butler season 1 will no longer be available from Funimation?

• Also sharing this information on a Blog post would be helpful for everyone else who might not be checking Twitter or other Social media.

Thanks!

@geekboyatl Here the basic side of the story when @spacemanhardy get on he can tell you the whole story: Basically Aniplex aka Sony are taking all there titles back Black Butler is a title that Aniplex made in Japan and that have no Plans on let Funimation keep the license, that did the same to Fullmetal Alchemist last year. Aniplex is not letting any title that Funimation or any other company for that madder has the dub rights to to there title anymore so there new Aniplex of America can pick it up. Which is what mostly will happen to Black Butler Season 1 license expires at the end of this month. This is what that did with Fullmetal Alchemist after Funimation lose the rights to it last year Aniplex of America pick it up like a month later. But Funimation will still be able to get anything new Aniplex for Black Butler makes as per the contact that made years ago that why Funimation got the rights to the new anime movie that coming out June 12 of this year... So I guessing it would be the same for anything new for Fullmetal Alchemist too?

• season 1 expires on the 29th