Title change?

• Should've asked this earlier, but Grimgar now goes by the subtitle "Ashes and Illusions"?
    Why is this?

• @mariotag said in Title change?:

Should've asked this earlier, but Grimgar now goes by the subtitle "Ashes and Illusions"?
    Why is this?

Probably a better translation of the title, and The Production Committee might have requested that FUNimation change it.

• I believe the new title first became known when the discs were solicited, so it was probably something that came up during approvals for the packaging.
    Actually.. it is the title that Animax Asia had been using since the original broadcast, so it is very unlikely that Funimation had any part in the decision, making it down to the licensor.

• Anime release title (English): Grimgar, Ashes and Illusions (via funimation)
    Manga release title (English): Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash (via yen press)
    Light Novel release title (English): Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash (via J-Novel Club)

Yes, I know that for the most part FUNimation are at the whim of the Japanese licencors, but surely I can't be the only one upset about this?

• @Rejectedshadow said in Title change?:

Anime release title (English): Grimgar, Ashes and Illusions (via funimation)
    Manga release title (English): Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash (via yen press)
    Light Novel release title (English): Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash (via J-Novel Club)

Yes, I know that for the most part FUNimation are at the whim of the Japanese licencors, but surely I can't be the only one upset about this?

It's possible that the rightsholder for the anime is different from the rightsholder for the manga and light novels, and the anime licensor has a different opinion about what the official English title should be translated as.

• @Rejectedshadow Do you store your books and DVDs on the same shelf?

The Japanese OST was also released under "Ashes and Illusions" if there was any doubt as to what side of the pond the name originated: http://grimgar.com/music/music.html

• @Shiroi-Hane Not at the moment but I have done so in the past with some series.