Purchasing Blu-rays direct from Funimation vs. Amazon or Rightstuf

• Does anyone happen to know if there are any real differences as far as Funimation is concerned with purchasing merchandise from Amazon, Rightstuf, or other retailers, as opposed to direct from their own online store? For example, if I purchase direct from Funimation do they get a larger profit than if I were to buy from another retailer, or is it basically all the same, or too minor to even be concerned about?

I'm not talking about used products, just to clarify.

Thanks

• @MyOnlyFarph said in Purchasing Blu-rays direct from Funimation vs. Amazon or Rightstuf:

if I purchase direct from Funimation do they get a larger profit than if I were to buy from another retailer,

I would think they get a larger cut. In my case I choose the superior customer service.

• I know from listening to people in the anime industry that Amazon takes by far the biggest cut from a sale.

Personally, I prefer ordering all of my anime from RightStuf. They give Funimation a fair cut back, and you don't have to deal with the Funi shop's less-than-stellar customer service. Heck, I'd argue that as far as service goes, RightStuf's is second-to-none.

• @SpacemanHardy I mostly buy things through Amazon.com.

• @SpacemanHardy said in Purchasing Blu-rays direct from Funimation vs. Amazon or Rightstuf:

I know from listening to people in the anime industry that Amazon takes by far the biggest cut from a sale.

Personally, I prefer ordering all of my anime from RightStuf. They give Funimation a fair cut back, and you don't have to deal with the Funi shop's less-than-stellar customer service. Heck, I'd argue that as far as service goes, RightStuf's is second-to-none.

I fine this comment VERY Hypocritical on your part... And if I need to tell you why then well your not a very good mod...

Anyway never brought anything from Rightstuf so I can't speak on them myself I buy most my thinks on Ebay but have got thing on a few thing from Funimation Stop in the past only DBZ thing so far so I hope every go ok with the Code Geass OVA since I Pre-Order it though Funimation Shop. As for Amazon I like then at times but there already also time I don't like then b/c of the issue of then not telling you the shipping until your at checkout. But if your talking customer service Ebay and Amazon have great customer service you can call then at anytime and that 9 time out of 10 pick up right away... Every time I called Amazon with an issue that pick up with in a minute and Ebay the most is less then 5 minutes when I have an issue.

• I've never actually put a lot of thought in to how much Funimation would profit from different retailers, so thank you for starting the topic and making me aware! It certainly gives me something to think about (Although being in Canada, it's hard to make decisions based off anything other then shipping. The shipping prices that Funimation charges are, sadly, absolutely insane to Canada).

@gohan6425 said in Purchasing Blu-rays direct from Funimation vs. Amazon or Rightstuf:

@SpacemanHardy said in Purchasing Blu-rays direct from Funimation vs. Amazon or Rightstuf:

I know from listening to people in the anime industry that Amazon takes by far the biggest cut from a sale.

I fine this comment VERY Hypocritical on your part... And if I need to tell you why then well your not a very good mod...

How is it hypocritical? Just because he isn't on here all the time going on about how they need phone lines, even though multiple people who work in the industry have tried to explain to you why that wouldn't fix much? You can acknowledge there are flaws and also acknowledge that certain approaches aren't the solution.

You always talk about how he targets you, but it just seems like you're the one starting something whenever he posts basically anywhere.

• @emdier said in Purchasing Blu-rays direct from Funimation vs. Amazon or Rightstuf:

I've never actually put a lot of thought in to how much Funimation would profit from different retailers, so thank you for starting the topic and making me aware! It certainly gives me something to think about (Although being in Canada, it's hard to make decisions based off anything other then shipping. The shipping prices that Funimation charges are, sadly, absolutely insane to Canada).

@gohan6425 said in Purchasing Blu-rays direct from Funimation vs. Amazon or Rightstuf:

@SpacemanHardy said in Purchasing Blu-rays direct from Funimation vs. Amazon or Rightstuf:

How is it hypocritical? Just because he isn't on here all the time going on about how they need phone lines, even though multiple people who work in the industry have tried to explain to you why that wouldn't fix much? You can acknowledge there are flaws and also acknowledge that certain approaches aren't the solution.

You always talk about how he targets you, but it just seems like you're the one starting something whenever he posts basically anywhere.

"They give Funimation a fair cut back, and you don't have to deal with the Funi shop's less-than-stellar customer service. Heck, I'd argue that as far as service goes, RightStuf's is second-to-none." SMH

Funny think is when we ask about Funimation and why ask for the Phone Lines he be the 1st to said it not need b/c that got "great" customer service... But when it come to shop that stink with customer service yeah ok... -_-

Targeting is not my think it me defend the rights of other and myself that what I do... I don't go after just 1 person just for the reason of just doing it there a reason behind it...

• I'd prefer to think what will get to me fastest or what will give me the lowest price (Amazon usually fulfills at least one of those).

My problem is that without fail any blu-ray I buy, something about the box is broken and what bothers me most is knowing that the disc itself isn't secured in place (which leads to scratching).

• Just becasue someone works for or is associated with a company doesn't mean they have to approve 100% of everything to company does, and doens't mean they have to buy from that company. If I worked at a clothing store, I would not be forced to only buy clothing from the store. Sure, I probably get a discount, and may have to wear their clothes when I work, but I can wear other clothing as well. If Spaceman finds that Rightstuf is a better option for him, then it's not hypocritical for him to buy there and not from the Funimation store.

Spaceman has no control over customer service for Funimation. He can pass on info on what people want, but can't actually make changes himself. His focus is the forums, not trying to get phone lines in. Harping on him for something out of his control, and that he chooses to buy anime from another source, doesn't help anything.

• I never bought anything from rightstuf nor FUNimation's shop (I think it used to be called the Z Store)

• @Zethus said in Purchasing Blu-rays direct from Funimation vs. Amazon or Rightstuf:

I never bought anything from rightstuf nor FUNimation's shop (I think it used to be called the Z Store)

@Zethus That was for DBZ back in the day...

• @gohan6425 I think they had Yu-Gi-Oh things there too.

• @Zethus said in Purchasing Blu-rays direct from Funimation vs. Amazon or Rightstuf:

@gohan6425 I think they had Yu-Gi-Oh things there too.

@Zethus No the Z Store was a Funimation thing not a 4Kids thing...

• People complaining about the FUNimation store, for whatever made up fantastical reason, are noob.

I recently bought 2 series from them on Black Friday, and had np. Nice, fast as easy. And prices were significantly lower then Amazon.com at the time, BTW. And, and, u don't have to worry about "inventory mixing" issues that plague Amazon and others, either. Counterfeit goods, yum...

The key is timing: Wait until the best deals present themselves, if you are looking for cost savings. That, and "Don't do stupid stuff", and you'll be set. L2Buy.

• @gohan6425 said in Purchasing Blu-rays direct from Funimation vs. Amazon or Rightstuf:

@Zethus said in Purchasing Blu-rays direct from Funimation vs. Amazon or Rightstuf:

Yu-Gi-Oh! was distributed by Funimation way back when. They took care of the home video releases of quite a few other 4Kids titles as well, such as Ultimate Muscle, Kirby: Right Back At Ya, and more. Only exceptions were things like One Piece (which was under Viz Video) and Pokemon (which was an effort between Viz and Pioneer).

• @SpacemanHardy said in Purchasing Blu-rays direct from Funimation vs. Amazon or Rightstuf:

@Zethus said in Purchasing Blu-rays direct from Funimation vs. Amazon or Rightstuf:

Yu-Gi-Oh! was distributed by Funimation way back when. They took care of the home video releases of quite a few other 4Kids titles as well, such as Ultimate Muscle, Kirby: Right Back At Ya, and more. Only exceptions were things like One Piece (which was under Viz Video) and Pokemon (which was an effort between Viz and Pioneer).

@SpacemanHardy Oh did not know that... No wonder Funimation was able to do an uncut dub well until 4Kids pull the plug on after 9 eps. I wonder why 4Kids just did not do it then self...

• @gohan6425 said in Purchasing Blu-rays direct from Funimation vs. Amazon or Rightstuf:

Anyway never brought anything from Rightstuf so I can't speak on them myself I buy most my thinks on Ebay but have got thing on a few thing from Funimation Stop in the past only DBZ thing so far so I hope every go ok with the Code Geass OVA since I Pre-Order it though Funimation Shop. As for Amazon I like then at times but there already also time I don't like then b/c of the issue of then not telling you the shipping until your at checkout. But if your talking customer service Ebay and Amazon have great customer service you can call then at anytime and that 9 time out of 10 pick up right away... Every time I called Amazon with an issue that pick up with in a minute and Ebay the most is less then 5 minutes when I have an issue.

I find it hypocritical that you're giving Hardy crap for the fact that he prefers Rightstuf over the Funi store, when you prefer Ebay which supports NONE of the official distributors at all.

But hey that's none of my business.

0_1493414572878_Fairy Tail Reaction 2.jpg

• I order almost all my Anime from Right Stuf, unless Amazon has an amazing deal or can't get it from Right Stuf.

Right Stuf has the best Customer Service, every problem I've had they were helpful in getting it resolved.

• @classyspartan said in Purchasing Blu-rays direct from Funimation vs. Amazon or Rightstuf:

I find it hypocritical that you're giving Hardy crap for the fact that he prefers Rightstuf over the Funi store, when you prefer Ebay which supports NONE of the official distributors at all.

But hey that's none of my business.

0_1493414572878_Fairy Tail Reaction 2.jpg

@classyspartan Not if it brand new also Ebay has very good deals... And that show photos which Amazon DOES NOT do... It not require I should said Ebay it is!

• I never give too much thought about who's getting what percentage of a cut. So long as Funimation keeps putting their products on Walmart shelves I'll keep buying them. I just wish there was more. I really want Fairy Tail, Steins;Gate, & Psycho-Pass.

• I've gotten used to buying from Amazon. They often have the best price, and the 2-day shipping from a prime membership is fast as hell, but I'm trying to cut back due to them basically being the Walmart of the internet. I think I'll be cutting them off from the majority of anime purchases in the future, though that fast and free shipping makes it hard. The free economy shipping from Rightstuf in comparison took about 10 days.

Thanks for the input everyone.