Attack on Titan Season 2 Edits Made to Dub

• Hi, I'm new to the forum. I'm a little disappointed with how the release and such was done for the Simuldub but alas it's here anyway so whatever. But, why is there edits made to the dubbed version, like shortened/ruined intro and outro..? I do not understand the point of this? My parents wanted to watch season 2, but only dubbed. They wondered too why this edit was made, it's kinda awkwardly done too.

Thanks. I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this, if it is then a mod please fix. :)

• @adamadam63 said in Attack on Titan Season 2 Edits Made to Dub:

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I'm a little disappointed with how the release and such was done for the Simuldub but alas it's here anyway so whatever. But, why is there edits made to the dubbed version, like shortened/ruined intro and outro..? I do not understand the point of this? My parents wanted to watch season 2, but only dubbed. They wondered too why this edit was made, it's kinda awkwardly done too.

Thanks. I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this, if it is then a mod please fix. :)

Not sure about FunimationNow but if you watch it on Toonami aka Adult Swim the theme song there and all other animes are alway shorting for the theme song... That being said not sure about FunimationNow? But maybe b/c Toonami air it that way FunimationNow just did not have time and air it the same way... @SpacemanHardy may have a better idea on this madder... But you may had to just wait until the DVD and Blu-Ray to come out for that...

• They did the same thing with Dimension W when that was originally uploaded to the site alongside the Toonami broadcast.
    https://www.funimation.com/forum/topic/8166/streaming-dubs-on-funimation?page=1

@wells444 said in Streaming Dubs on Funimation:

What is up with the opening and closing? We get the episodes 4 weeks late with bad opening and closings. Funimation need to get its act together.

• Yeah gohan's right. On toonami they cut the op's/ed's to fit the broadcast time slot. Funi just uploaded that version to the site and will upload the uncut version on blu-ray release date.

• @vhernandez said in Attack on Titan Season 2 Edits Made to Dub:

Yeah gohan's right. On toonami they cut the op's/ed's to fit the broadcast time slot. Funi just uploaded that version to the site and will upload the uncut version on blu-ray release date.

Wait the Funi site got the Toonami version with a shortend op/ed?

F that.

Sub master race. I don't really care about the ed but the op is frigging OP.

But here's the OP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKP-vZvjbh8

• On the plus side, the streaming version has the eyecatch and the next episode preview, which the TV broadcast did not even bother to show.

But yeah, this does suck, especially since the broadcast for the first episode did show the entire opening sequence. At least they're keeping the opening and ending themes in, unlike what they did with Dimension W.

• It should be known that other than the edits made to the OP and ED, no other footage was cut. So no worries about missing important plot elements due to being edited for time and content.

• @SpacemanHardy said in Attack on Titan Season 2 Edits Made to Dub:

It should be known that other than the edits made to the OP and ED, no other footage was cut. So no worries about missing important plot elements due to being edited for time and content.

Yo @SpacemanHardy Attack on Titan English Dub is still not on my PS4 App for Eps. 1...