Testament of sister new devil English dub?

• When Funimation announced the partnership with crunchyroll a possible english dub for “Testament of sister new Devil" was mentioned. Is that going to ever happen?

• It'll happen, while we don't know the reason for the delay, It's been speculated that they are waiting on the uncut / uncensored masters from Kadokawa / Production IMS.

• @PowerTrooper yeah ive been waiting for that too

• @rammstein4g3 Spaceman hardly now has locked up my last thread, and is now forbidding me to mention anything about a certain subject, and If I do, the thread will be locked up immediately without warning. That means I can go lock peoples threads by mentioning the subject on all of peoples threads. I hate this gag order.

Anyway, I hope the dub of this anime comes out. Spacemen Hardly and many funimation bloggers seems to be acting disrespectful towards me and harsh.

• @Spaceshotx7

yeah, well, what did you think was going to happen? If you ask the same question for months and get the same response for months, but still keep asking even thought the answer never changes, don't you think folks are going to get a little upset that you clearly are not paying attention? Don't try to blame this on anyone else, this is all your fault man. and its extremely childish to try and do what you are currently suggesting.

• Isn't Testament Of Sister New Devil the second season?

• I was really looking forward to getting this one but, oh well. That's Funimation for you.

• Im sure we'll eventually get it, but its just one of dozens of shows that CR has that needs to be released, and that's going to take time

@Zethus

Burst is the the second season

• @SnugglesGod said in Testament of sister new devil English dub?:

I was really looking forward to getting this one but, oh well. That's Funimation for you.

I think it more on IMS's side that company is the worst about not wanting to give proper materials.

• @lcdude

nah, IMS just makes the shows, they don't have any involvement in international distribution. it's Kadokawa you should be directing your frustrations at.

• Yeah, screw them, hogging the Steins;Gate movie and putting Konosuba, BSD, and worst of all Re:Zero in licensing hell.

• @Gemnist said in Testament of sister new devil English dub?:

Yeah, screw them, hogging the Steins;Gate movie and putting Konosuba, BSD, and worst of all Re:Zero in licensing hell.

Except that Re: Zero is a TV Tokyo title, and they are notorious for making licensors hold their licensing announcements until close to release. (As an Example, It was actually known about 6 - 8 months before it was officially announced by Sentai Filmworks that they had Trinity Seven, due to a screening of the show at either SDCC or Anime Expo (The poster had a "Coming Soon from Sentai Filmworks" blurb on it.) It's possible that Sentai does have Re: Zero, but had to deny that they had it due to said contract restrictions (Since they seem to particularly favor licensing shows by White Fox, (Is the Order a Rabbit?, Akame ga Kill, Matoi the Sacred Slayer, Grimoire of Zero) which Re: Zero is one.)

We should be in the know by the end of the year who actually has it.

• @Series5Ranger Oh man, I hope it's not Sentai. I kind of thought it would be given the deal Sentai had with Crunchyroll was still going strong until a few months later, but I really don't think Sentai could bring justice to a dub of Re:Zero. It would be too ingrained in being literal that the American otaku world won't know what all the references are. It's why I really wanted Funimation to scoop it up; hopefully they were somehow able to outbid Sentai. I'll watch the dub of course, but I'm going to go in with heavy skepticism.

@Series5Ranger Oh man, I hope it's not Sentai. I kind of thought it would be given the deal Sentai had with Crunchyroll was still going strong until a few months later, but I really don't think Sentai could bring justice to a dub of Re:Zero. It would be too ingrained in being literal that the American otaku world won't know what all the references are. It's why I really wanted Funimation to scoop it up; hopefully they were somehow able to outbid Sentai. I'll watch the dub of course, but I'm going to go in with heavy skepticism.

To be honest I don't even think Sentai would dub it at all, they'd just give it a sub-only release like they do with the majority of their popular anime.

• Thanks for all the responses guys! I wish we could see alot of Sentai titles in English that deserve it as well. But I've come to accept that Funimation is the only one I can put most of my faith in those regards. But I'd love it if Testament of sister new devil was announced soon! Like in the next couple months lol

• @lcdude I'm afraid of that as well, but I think it's more likely now given the Crunchymation deal and the Amazontai one, as well as when they decided to do a dub for seven really popular shows recently.

EDIT: It should also be noted that they have given a dub to every single one of their White Fox shows, with the exception of Is This Order a Rabbit?, so I doubt they'd really do anything different as White Fox is probably giving them a "make a dub or don't release" deal (which creators can do with a show).

@lcdude I'm afraid of that as well, but I think it's more likely now given the Crunchymation deal and the Amazontai one, as well as when they decided to do a dub for seven really popular shows recently.

Honesty I think the only reason they are doing those seven is to replace the shows they going to be losing to aniplex within the next year.

• @Series5Ranger

Its highly likely Crunchyroll has the license. The biggest clue was their new deal posting anime on Steam. Every single title listed as anime presented by Crunchyroll other than Taboo Tattoo and Re:Zero are titles that Funimation/Crunchyroll have the home release license for.

• @cyclone12 said in Testament of sister new devil English dub?:

@Series5Ranger

Its highly likely Crunchyroll has the license. The biggest clue was their new deal posting anime on Steam. Every single title listed as anime presented by Crunchyroll other than Taboo Tattoo and Re:Zero are titles that Funimation/Crunchyroll have the home release license for.

Yeah that pretty much Cements it, that CR has the license since digital and Home Video distribution are usually bundled together.