We need "Is This A Zombie?" Season 3

• I have seen so many post about a third season of "Is This A Zombie?" it is unreal. I Just want to know why there is no third season when the novel it is based on is finished. I have gone threw countless posts where hundreds of people have talked about there concern about not having a third and forth season to wrap up the anime. "Is This A Zombie?" has to be one of the most heart warming and funniest anime I have ever watched. I have read so many other comments just in the comment section under the videos that Funimation has posted to there YouTube channel. I think a great anime like this one should go out with a closing season, not a ending half way threw the novel it was built with.
    After looking around I have found a few petitions for a "Is This A Zombie?" season 3 please go and show your support. [http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/season-three-of-anime]
    If you have never seen this anime please go and watch it you will love it as so many others have.

• well, the light novel having been completed is certainly one reason we don't have a third season. most anime are made while its source is still being written, since its one way to boost sales of a manga, or light novel. Also, while it started out a decent seller, sales steadily dropped with each new DVD/BD volume. that's never good.

• @Getchman True, I saw many post saying this but even so would it not hurt to finish a great story instead of leaving it on a cliffhanger?

• @MikeyB45 It would hurt if they don't expect to get any money. If you want to finish it so badly just go find the light novels translated, they're surprisingly easy to find.

• @darthrutsula40 I have already read them, however from reading the first two novels I've noticed that the anime takes some different turns and adds to the story a little more. I do love watching it play out from the anime more than reading the novel, I guess I just have a bias for the anime over the novel.

• @MikeyB45 said in Funimation we need "Is This A Zombie?" Season 3:

@darthrutsula40 I have already read them, however from reading the first two novels I've noticed that the anime takes some different turns and adds to the story a little more. I do love watching it play out from the anime more than reading the novel, I guess I just have a bias for the anime over the novel.

I have not read it but I've noticed that some anime do a really good job adapting their material (like High School DxD and Rokka) I can't exactly speak for Rokka (but its first book is the entire 12 episode anime) but DxD actually had most of what was in those books save for some very small details but they added more when Issei is not present (iirc only twice were the books not actually told in his perspective, book 3 (1st half season 2) it switched to Kiba's perspective when he balance breaked and again in book 15).

And then you have occultic;nine that condensed all of that first book in the super fast first episode, and based on my understanding ERASED had its first source in its first (and second?) episode.

As far as light novel adapts go I feel that 2-3 volumes is a good point for 12 episode anime seasons. But that ultimately comes down to how much substance is in the volumes (Dungeon's fourth book is all one episode and trust me, there isn't much missed, maybe an additional half episode tops)

I am however mixed on changing the story from what you are adapting.

• Not up to FUNimation,they don't make anime.and that petition is a waste of time.

• @MikeyB45 Hi there. Welcome to the forums.

Now please read this:

https://www.funimation.com/forum/topic/3082/do-not-request-future-seasons-of-anime-new-forum-members-please-read/1

Also, petition threads belong in the designated Petitions and Promotions forum, NOT in the Funimation General forum. So I will be moving this thread there.

• @SpacemanHardy My bad I didn't know and thanks for moving it to the right spot. I apologize for the post I didn't mean to make it seem like I was asking Funimation as a company to make a season 3 I meant it as to ask people in the Funimation froms.

• @darthrutsula40 I know what you mean but I believe it is fine as long as the true story is not altered in a manner that confuses the person watching and they still understand it from beginning to end.

• @joe-funi That was just the closest petition to being complete that I found. Also Funimation is a platform for how the anime can be distributed and even though hey do not make the anime they do have a say in whether they want to air it or not which is a big factor to the guys that make the anime. The petition also asks Studio Deen who are the makers of "Is This A Zombie" to make a new season. This is not my petition and I know looking at it you can find flaws but it is something a part of the anime community wants. I do respect your criticism I do believe that this petition is a waist of time and it will take more than a 100 person petition to get the ball rolling but it is a start. One that I hope will get something rolling in the near future. There are some accounts of some anime having 4+ year gaps in between seasons this might just be one such case if we can make enough noise.

• no, funimation has no influence on what gets made in Japan. that's all decided by committee's in Japan. Nor does studio Deen for that matter. they have so say, they were just hired by the committee to make the show

• Its out of Funimation's control whatever there is a season three of Is This A Zombie? Funimation licenses and dubs anime. They don't make anime. Its up to the original creator and production committee from Japan whatever there is another season.