"Your Name" English Dub Review! SPOILER! My Video

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7gPHa1F9kI

Warning I will be getting Spoiler! So don't watch if you not seen the movie yet!

"Your Name" English Dub Review!

• Do you have a general statement u can make? As it, u like/not like? Such things like that...

I did watch a bit of ur video, u seem indifferent to it. But me a little confused.

BTW, is that you in the video? You are so articulate sounding. Never would have guessed..........

• @thegrandalliance said in "Your Name" English Dub Review! SPOILER! My Video:

Do you have a general statement u can make? As it, u like/not like? Such things like that...

I did watch a bit of ur video, u seem indifferent to it. But me a little confused.

BTW, is that you in the video? You are so articulate sounding. Never would have guessed..........

Yes when I said "my video" that was the point to let you know it was my video that is my real voice in the video talking... I think it was an ok film not a great but it was ok. It was sample plot to follow... I very bad at remember Japan name alot of time I actually had to go back and watch a clip of the it on there YouTube channel to make sure I was pronouncing there names right.

• Man, it is so interesting; as your verbal communication grammar and written grammar are worlds apart....

Warning I will be getting Spoiler! So don't watch if you not seen the movie yet!

But no matter. I suppose, if it is not DBZ, it must be so-so otherwise, for you. U need the action, perhaps. Whereas this, all touchy-feely stuff.

Man, it is so interesting; as your verbal communication grammar and written grammar are worlds apart....

But no matter. I suppose, if it is not DBZ, it must be so-so otherwise, for you. U need the action, perhaps. Whereas this, all touchy-feely stuff.

Well I told you guys before I can speak good English as I was born in the USA it only my only languages. I just VERY bad with spelling and wording right sentences. But I can Speak just fine English...

• Anyways, me probably gonna hold off watching this until Bluray release for this one. Not compelling enough for me to spend 1/2 price of a DVD on ticket admission.

But no matter...

Anyways, me probably gonna hold off watching this until Bluray release for this one. Not compelling enough for me to spend 1/2 price of a DVD on ticket admission.

But no matter...

But you don't know if you going to even like it though?

• @gohan6425

Indeed. But assuming it not on a streaming service, not much choice. However, it is possible this movie could be available to rent on something like Amazon Instant Video, so that is always a good low cost option.

• The ending was very Shinkai, it reminded me a lot of 5 CM per Second. For a moment, I was afraid it was going to end exactly like 5 centimeters per second, so it was a big relief when it didn't. If you're let down by the ending, I wouldn't recommend watching his other stuff (Even though I love his films).

Personally, I adore the movie and can't wait to own a copy.

• @emdier said in "Your Name" English Dub Review! SPOILER! My Video:

The ending was very Shinkai, it reminded me a lot of 5 CM per Second. For a moment, I was afraid it was going to end exactly like 5 centimeters per second, so it was a big relief when it didn't. If you're let down by the ending, I wouldn't recommend watching his other stuff (Even though I love his films).

I just feel the way everything was build up it seen the ending was fitting to have them both kiss at the end... But I did watch Spirited Away that was very good...

• @gohan6425 said in "Your Name" English Dub Review! SPOILER! My Video:

There are a few movies/shows that I would buy without seeing. Granted, it isn't many and it's not guaranteed that I will like it, but there is still a very good chance I will want to buy it. If you don't like it, can sell it later. There really are worse things I could waste $25 on.

• @korrailli said in "Your Name" English Dub Review! SPOILER! My Video:

@gohan6425 said in "Your Name" English Dub Review! SPOILER! My Video:

There are a few movies/shows that I would buy without seeing. Granted, it isn't many and it's not guaranteed that I will like it, but there is still a very good chance I will want to buy it. If you don't like it, can sell it later. There really are worse things I could waste $25 on.

I rather know what I buying then buy something blind.

• I'm not a good one for the "buying blind" debate, I have a few I still have not gotten the chance to watch yet. But I also have access to an awesome used video store, where sometimes I can find full 24 episode series for $3, so it's not like I am making a huge investment.

I will, however, be buying Your Name, no questions asked. I loved it.

@emdier said in "Your Name" English Dub Review! SPOILER! My Video:

The ending was very Shinkai, it reminded me a lot of 5 CM per Second. For a moment, I was afraid it was going to end exactly like 5 centimeters per second, so it was a big relief when it didn't. If you're let down by the ending, I wouldn't recommend watching his other stuff (Even though I love his films).

I just feel the way everything was build up it seen the ending was fitting to have them both kiss at the end... But I did watch Spirited Away that was very good...

Quite honestly, I felt that it should have ended (the last minute) differently. I don't think they should've kissed but I don't understand why they walked past each other and then ask their name.

But in your case I think you would need to have some familiarity with Japan's culture (something I'm not aware that you have some knowledge of, but i'm just assuming) and would need to like drama (something that, other than Eureka Seven, isn't really in your anime resume I think) to really appreciate the movie.

But we (as a collective community) give it so much critique simply because its done so well (critically) we are looking for everything that's wrong with it. Had it been a B movie we probably would just simply say its underrated and wouldn't really seek to find faults in it. I honestly hate that I have this mindset for some things. I am harshly critical of Sword Art Online but give a show like Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers so much praise.

• @darthrutsula40 said in "Your Name" English Dub Review! SPOILER! My Video:

@emdier said in "Your Name" English Dub Review! SPOILER! My Video:

Quite honestly, I felt that it should have ended (the last minute) differently. I don't think they should've kissed but I don't understand why they walked past each other and then ask their name.

But in your case I think you would need to have some familiarity with Japan's culture (something I'm not aware that you have some knowledge of, but i'm just assuming) and would need to like drama (something that, other than Eureka Seven, isn't really in your anime resume I think) to really appreciate the movie.

But we (as a collective community) give it so much critique simply because its done so well (critically) we are looking for everything that's wrong with it. Had it been a B movie we probably would just simply say its underrated and wouldn't really seek to find faults in it. I honestly hate that I have this mindset for some things. I am harshly critical of Sword Art Online but give a show like Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers so much praise.

I not sure what you mean. But the way it was build it only made sense for then kiss at the end. That miss girl said to Taki at the end "I hope you can find happiness" and then thing Taki and Mitsuha meet up and when that finally ask about one another to me that should have run up to one another and kiss to me it would have been a much more fit end to story since that what the story since to be about one that gave one another there name of course...

• @gohan6425 Its because they didn't know each other. And 5/8 years is a long time. We only got to see what Taki has gone through in those 5 years but we have no idea what Mitsuha has gone through in 8. Taki didn't even know what was "bothering" him during that time. Also they hadn't really had a romantic relationship.

Them running to each other and kiss would be really jumping the gun here.

And my comments were: I don't think you know much about japanese culture, and I don't think you like anime drama. The stuff I wrote in () was my thoughts behind it.

My reasoning behind you not liking anime drama is that your anime resume, that I know of, only includes one, which is Eureka Seven. Fun fact, Eureka and Mitsuha have the same voice actress (she also voices Usagi/Sailor Moon) I honestly kind of feel that you'd probably enjoy Your Name. because of Stephanie Sheh.

My thoughts on you not really being familiar with japanese culture is just unfounded.

@gohan6425 Its because they didn't know each other. And 5/8 years is a long time. We only got to see what Taki has gone through in those 5 years but we have no idea what Mitsuha has gone through in 8. Taki didn't even know what was "bothering" him during that time. Also they hadn't really had a romantic relationship.

And my comments were: I don't think you know much about japanese culture, and I don't think you like anime drama. The stuff I wrote in () was my thoughts behind it.

My reasoning behind you not liking anime drama is that your anime resume, that I know of, only includes one, which is Eureka Seven. Fun fact, Eureka and Mitsuha have the same voice actress (she also voices Usagi/Sailor Moon) I honestly kind of feel that you'd probably enjoy Your Name. because of Stephanie Sheh.

My thoughts on you not really being familiar with japanese culture is just unfounded.

I disagree that know that knew one another that had the connect so a kiss would have made sense... Another thing I only watch Sailor Moon in the 1st English Dub which Stephanie Sheh is NOT the voice actor...Terri in my view point is the REAL English Sailor Moon. Stephanie Voice does not fit the personality of Sailor Moon at all... I have seen some clips of Stephanie Sheh as Sailor Moon and to straight up with you I don't think she fit Sailor Moon at all... Terri I think fit the role better in ALL straight ways... Not sure what your getting at with the "japanese culture thing"? But movie alot of times end with a big ending and that for ANY culture which is a kiss...

PS Before you said I wrong on that b/c the creator pick I post a video of someone debunk that claim already https://www.funimation.com/forum/topic/10504/sailor-moon-viz-vs-dic-from-that-damn-cynic-on-youtube which I post that video in this forum for anyone to watch... Creator from Japan don't know English Voicing this is why people that Dub the show in English should pick the voice actor not the creator of the manga. If we let creator pick English voice actor Sean would NEVER have been Goku we would have got a woman as Goku. I like and respect mostly all of the voice actor who do the Sailor Moon Viz Dub, however unfortunately that where all casted wrong. Example Sailor Mars and or Sailor Jupiter should have been voice by Kate NOT Sailor Mercury. Kate Higgin has more of an aggression voice which suits Sailor Mars and or Sailor Jupiter much better then a brain master like Sailor Mercury. This may piss people off but I called it as I see and in this case heard it... So think about that before you reply back to this point...

@darthrutsula40 said in "Your Name" English Dub Review! SPOILER! My Video:

@gohan6425 Its because they didn't know each other. And 5/8 years is a long time. We only got to see what Taki has gone through in those 5 years but we have no idea what Mitsuha has gone through in 8. Taki didn't even know what was "bothering" him during that time. Also they hadn't really had a romantic relationship.

I disagree that know that knew one another that had the connect so a kiss would have made sense... Another thing I only watch Sailor Moon in the 1st English Dub which Stephanie Sheh is NOT the voice actor...Terri in my view point is the REAL English Sailor Moon. Stephanie does not fit the personality of Sailor Moon at all... I have seen some clips of Stephanie Sheh as Sailor Moon and to straight up with you I don't think she fit Sailor Moon at all... Terri I think fit the role better in ALL straight ways... Not sure what your getting at with the "japanese culture thing"? But movie alot of times end with a big ending and that for ANY culture which is a kiss...

PS Before you said I wrong on that b/c the creator pick I post a video of someone debunk that claim already https://www.funimation.com/forum/topic/10504/sailor-moon-viz-vs-dic-from-that-damn-cynic-on-youtube which I post that video in this forum for anyone to watch... Creator from Japan don't know English Voicing this is why people that Dub the show English should pick voice actor not the creator of the manga. If we let creator English voice actor Sean would NEVER have been Goku we would have got a woman as Goku. So think about that before you reply back to this point...

The japanese culture thing was more in reference to all the rope and ribbon imagery and could have hampered your appreciation for the movie.

I have no idea what that second paragraph is saying (or is in reference to). I was just saying that Sheh has voiced some characters you already know.

And they may have known each other... once... 5/8 years ago. Last Mitsuha knew was that Taki went on a date with Miss Okudera. Them not running to each other kissing is what any normal person would do. Because, like i've been saying, 5 and/or 8 years is a long time and for all we know Mitsuha could have had children. If they just started having a make-out session right there they are throwing whatever relationship they had out the window. And there was no indication of any romantic thing going on between them aside from interest. As it was they (or at least Taki) barely remembers what happened 5 years ago. On top of all that we don't know what Mitsuha has been up to for 8 years!

I just think that them running to each other for a smooch is not really reasonable. If it ended differently then maybe, but with what we are shown, no.

@darthrutsula40 said in "Your Name" English Dub Review! SPOILER! My Video:

I disagree that know that knew one another that had the connect so a kiss would have made sense... Another thing I only watch Sailor Moon in the 1st English Dub which Stephanie Sheh is NOT the voice actor...Terri in my view point is the REAL English Sailor Moon. Stephanie does not fit the personality of Sailor Moon at all... I have seen some clips of Stephanie Sheh as Sailor Moon and to straight up with you I don't think she fit Sailor Moon at all... Terri I think fit the role better in ALL straight ways... Not sure what your getting at with the "japanese culture thing"? But movie alot of times end with a big ending and that for ANY culture which is a kiss...

PS Before you said I wrong on that b/c the creator pick I post a video of someone debunk that claim already https://www.funimation.com/forum/topic/10504/sailor-moon-viz-vs-dic-from-that-damn-cynic-on-youtube which I post that video in this forum for anyone to watch... Creator from Japan don't know English Voicing this is why people that Dub the show English should pick voice actor not the creator of the manga. If we let creator English voice actor Sean would NEVER have been Goku we would have got a woman as Goku. So think about that before you reply back to this point...

The japanese culture thing was more in reference to all the rope and ribbon imagery and could have hampered your appreciation for the movie.

I have no idea what that second paragraph is saying (or is in reference to). I was just saying that Sheh has voiced some characters you already know.

And they may have known each other... once... 5/8 years ago. Last Mitsuha knew was that Taki went on a date with Miss Okudera. Them not running to each other kissing is what any normal person would do. Because, like i've been saying, 5 and/or 8 years is a long time and for all we know Mitsuha could have had children. If they just started having a make-out session right there they are throwing whatever relationship they had out the window. And there was no indication of any romantic thing going on between them aside from interest. As it was they (or at least Taki) barely remembers what happened 5 years ago. On top of all that we don't know what Mitsuha has been up to for 8 years!

I just think that them running to each other for a smooch is not really reasonable. If it ended differently then maybe, but with what we are shown, no.

"PS Before you said I wrong on that b/c the creator pick I post a video of someone debunk that claim already https://www.funimation.com/forum/topic/10504/sailor-moon-viz-vs-dic-from-that-damn-cynic-on-youtube which I post that video in this forum for anyone to watch... Creator from Japan don't know English Voicing this is why people that Dub the show in English should pick the voice actor not the creator of the manga. If we let creator pick English voice actor Sean would NEVER have been Goku we would have got a woman as Goku. I like and respect mostly all of the voice actor who do the Sailor Moon Viz Dub, however unfortunately that where all casted wrong. Example Sailor Mars and or Sailor Jupiter should have been voice by Kate NOT Sailor Mercury. Kate Higgin has more of an aggression voice which suits Sailor Mars and or Sailor Jupiter much better then a brain master like Sailor Mercury. This may piss people off but I called it as I see and in this case heard it... So think about that before you reply back to this point..."

Read the rest please....

As for you other state Not sure about the ribbon thing I just though that was a connect to them being link.

Also I disagree with then I ALMOST sure Mitsuha was looking for Taki that same time he was looking for her. And I think it would make sense to the way it was all build up to the way that where connected it make sense for them to kiss at the big ending...

• Japanese culture is a lot more subdued than American culture. While an American movie may end in a kiss, a Japanese movie probably won't. Public displays of affection (like kissing, hand holding etc) are not something that is usually done in Japan, at least not in public.
    The time gap alone would be enough for it to not end in a kiss. Both characters were in high school and it's been 5/8 years since they last had any contact, and they weren't really close enough to kiss in the first place. To have them see each other after that time, barely know who they are, and go strait for a kiss would just seem wrong. Real human relationships just don't work that way. Especially in Japan, where relationships tend to take more time and are more subtle.

• @korrailli said in "Your Name" English Dub Review! SPOILER! My Video:

Japanese culture is a lot more subdued than American culture. While an American movie may end in a kiss, a Japanese movie probably won't. Public displays of affection (like kissing, hand holding etc) are not something that is usually done in Japan, at least not in public.
    The time gap alone would be enough for it to not end in a kiss. Both characters were in high school and it's been 5/8 years since they last had any contact, and they weren't really close enough to kiss in the first place. To have them see each other after that time, barely know who they are, and go strait for a kiss would just seem wrong. Real human relationships just don't work that way. Especially in Japan, where relationships tend to take more time and are more subtle.

I seen many animes that end in a kiss so I don't know where you got that idea from? Also it did make since that had a connect that know some happen between the true love is there... The kiss would have been a perfect ending... That even wrote down on his hand "I love you"...