2017 Anime Couples Tournment - Semi Final Round 2

• Semi Finals time! Get your pick into the Finals!
    Cast your vote! The voting will remain open until 12:00 pm Mountain Time tomorrow.
    You must post your vote, as well as the current score after taking your vote into account. Please note clearly who you are voting for, either by making a comment or by highlighting your vote in the score tally. You may only vote once, and once you post you cannot change your vote. The first to 10 points or the highest score after 24 hours wins.

Romeo x Juliet
    Romeo x Juliet
    alt text

Kurisu x Okabe
    Steins;Gate
    alt text

Romeo X Juliet - 0
    Kurisu X okabe - 0

• Romeo X Juliet- 1
    Kurisu x Okabe - 0
    Come on, they are Romeo and Juliet.

alt text
    And in my opinion, the anime was a massive improvement on the original pair.

I know, how could I say that about one of the most well known literary pieces of all time. Personally, I always hated the play and reading it in high school was a black spot in my English courses. I despise reading Shakespeare and Romeo and Juliet was at the top of that hatred. I did not understand how these two people who know nothing of each other fell "in love" like that. There really was no reason for it and I did not buy their affections as anything other then lust, and in doing so I found myself completely bored by their overdramatics and unmoved by the play.

alt text

Somehow, in the anime, they just clicked so much better and I found myself a lot more invested in their quest to be together. It wasn't just "And they like each other. Now feel bad for them.", there was so much more to their story then that.

I also am one of the people that loved the fantasy twist to it all. Flying horses, daring swordfights (Including a badass and very capable Juliet, which I adored) and a more complicated reason for our couple being torn apart, I loved it all. And unlike the relief I felt when reaching the end of the play and they were finally dead, with these two I actually cried. It was emotional, and I felt that both of them died for a reason, not the silly end the original Romeo and Juliet met.

alt text

When you are invested in a love story to the point I was here, I can't help but cheer for them.

• Romeo X Juliet- 1
    Kurisu x Okabe - 1

• Romeo X Juliet- 2
    Kurisu x Okabe - 0

Everything @emdier said.

• CORRECT SCORE:

Romeo X Juliet- 2
    Kurisu x Okabe - 1

• Romeo X Juliet- 2
    Kurisu x Okabe - 2

• Romeo X Juliet- 2
    Kurisu x Okabe - 3

• Romeo X Juliet- 2
    Kurisu x Okabe - 4

• Romeo X Juliet- 3
    Kurisu x Okabe - 4

I'm gonna be disappointed if this tournament doesn't come down to Josh Grelle and Chris Burnett fighting one another to win the heart of Brina Palencia.

• Romeo X Juliet- 4
    Kurisu x Okabe - 4

• Romeo X Juliet- 4
    Kurisu x Okabe - 5

• Romeo X Juliet- 4
    Kurisu x Okabe - 6