Golden Time

• Golden Time trailer
    http://youtu.be/LqcxfmkBnAI

Via ANN

Genres: comedy, drama, romance, supernatural

Plot Summary: Banri finds himself completely lost after the opening ceremony, trying to find his way to the freshman orientation. At that moment, he runs into another lost freshman from the same school, Mitsuo Yanagisawa, and they hit it off at once. Somehow arriving at their intended goal just on time, there appears in front of them a beautiful girl holding a bouquet of roses, who hits Mitsuo across the face with them and hands the flowers over to him. This stylish, well dressed, and perfect woman is his childhood friend Kōko Kaga. As children, they had promised to marry each other one day, fulfilling their dreams. In order to escape from her, Mitsuo had gone out secretly and taken the examination for this well-known private college, but she also took the law school entrance examination, catching up with him there.

Banri Tada is a newly admitted student at a private law school in Tokyo. Due to the after-effects of an accidental fall from a bridge shortly after high school graduation, he lost all his memories from before then. At the time of the accident, Banri's soul had escaped from his body, and the "Spirit of Banri Tada" came into being, carrying his memories from before graduation.

Watch on Crunchyroll Now http://www.crunchyroll.com/golden-time

• As a fan of virtually all J.C.Staff productions, I'm needlessly excited for this

The first OP kind of totally sucks but at least the show itself can only go up from there!

• SENTAI FILMWORKS LICENSES “GOLDEN TIME”

Press Release
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/press-release/2013-10-05/sentai-filmworks-licenses-golden-time

HOUSTON, October 4, 2013 — Experience the law of clause and effect in Sentai Filmworks' newest acquisition: Golden Time. This 24 episode series revolving around the lives of some decidedly unusual law students is based on the light novel by Yuyuko Takemiya (Toradora!) and features direction by Chiaki Kon (La storia della Arcana Famiglia, When They Cry – Higurashi) with character designs by Shinya Hasegawa (Kill Me Baby, Revolutionary Girl Utena), series composition by Fumihiko Shimo (Kokoro Connect, Clannad) and sound direction by Jin Aketagawa (Bodacious Space Pirates, Upotte!!).

Many people think that lawyers live in a separate reality, but at one private law school in Tokyo that may literally be true. For example, when would-be law student Banri Tada tumbled off a bridge, he learned more than just that legal eagles can't fly. Or, to be more accurate, he unlearned everything, as the accident not only left him with retrograde amnesia, but also split a portion of his psyche into a separate being that carries all of his memories prior to graduating high school! And the disgruntled spirit now following Banri around isn't the school's only stalker. Banri's friend Mitsuo is also being pursued. In Mitsuo's case, though, it's a prior commitment. The lovely Kouko Kaga is relentlessly hounding him, determined to hold him to a childhood agreement to eventually wed. And if you think those characters are out of order, the jury's still out on Nijigen-kun, who's given up on the 3D world and reverted to 2D! But don't rush to judgment just yet! Join in a paper chase through some very uncivil actions and exposed legal briefs and arrive at your own verdict in GOLDEN TIME!

Golden Time will be available soon through select digital outlets with a home video release to follow in 2014.

• Gunna check this out. But with so many streams happeing on CR and here. along with pre-order finally comign in. Haven't had teh chance to see it yet. But it seems somewhat intersting.

• Koko bugs me already, and Banri is just so… bland. It's just one episode so far, so I'm looking forward to seeing where it'll go. I loved Toradora, and while I don't think this one will leave that kind of impact on me in the end, I'm hoping it turns out good.

• Second episode is now on Crunchyroll

• The second episode was better. Koko seemed pretty lonely. I don't blame Mitsuo for avoiding her, but I do feel a little bad for her at the same time. Hopefully she'll ease up on her obsession with him by getting to know more people. It seems like Banri is already helping her with that.

• Episode three is now on Crunchyroll

• Episode 3 had the hook and it was super great

The romanticist in me really loves amnesia. Can you imagine losing all your memories in the transition from high school to college? You might come up with an entirely different set of likes and dislikes, or a new personality entirely, compared to how people back home think of you. I really think they've pulled off the romantic concept of amnesia beautifully

They also elaborated on Kouko much better and showed that she's a whole lot more insecure and normal than she showed in the first episode. Plus, the 10% comment pretty much foreshadows the rest of the show in advance, much like the early stages of Toradora when Taiga wouldn't stop looking at her picture of Ryuji. I'm extremely, extremely happy with the character development already

The OP is honestly pretty weird to me, to only showcase Kouko and have a couple appearances of Banri. Normally OPs have all the characters showcased, but Linda, Chinami, and Mitsuo are nowhere to be found. I also get the feeling that Linda knows Banri from somewhere before he lost his memories, given the conversations they've already had

I'll probably go radio silent on this show from here until the end as I'd rather not give my feelings towards the show on a week-by-week basis. All I'll say now is that I'm extremely satisfied with the show already and I can easily see potential for it to match Sakuraso in both quality and feelings

• That… was not at all where I expected that episode to go.

I honestly really loathe amnesia as a character trait. It's far to often the hallmark of Blank Slate-Kun the Everyman. I'll give this show time to do something with it, but dropping it out of the blue like this seems more like an excuse for Banri's dull-as-dishwater archetype than anything meaningful or dramatic.

• I don't think that's fair to say at all. Most amnesia plots have the character searching for their identity, or trying to figure out the things they've forgotten, oftentimes with someone they used to love. In Banri's case, that story arc has already occurred and he's already established an identity (albeit while still building on it as he experiences college life). I didn't get the feeling that it's a plot point, it's just more of a circumstance, like Ryuji's missing father, or narcolepsy in Little Busters. Banri's simply developed his new personality and likes and dislikes, and doesn't think much about wanting to be the guy he used to be

• Episode 3 has me sold on following this to the end. Koko's 10% comment did remind me of Toradora, and I like how she seems much more normal now. I'm a little iffy about the whole amnesia thing though.

• Bit of a sucker for amnesia stories, and also adds a bit of depth other then just being an 'average slice of life' anime. Can only see it getting more interesting from here on out. That being said…. I am watching WAY TOO MUCH of the fall 2013 streaming lineup. lol....

• Episode 4 is on Crunchyroll.

OMG, that's all i'm going to say for now.

• Well, I guess Koko's gotten her heart thoroughly broken so now she can move on. She does act like a completely different person when it's just her and Banri versus when she is around Mitsuo. And then she had to go and end that conversation on a really negative note, so I can't see her easily patching things up between herself and Mitsuo so they could even continue to be friends.

And Banri did know Linda. Wonder how that's going to work out. He's forgotten whatever kind of relationship he had with her and now he's got feelings for Koko, so that's bound to lead to some messy and confusing love triangle stuff. The amnesia has created a rather interesting setup for the relationship drama, that's for sure. The stuff with Mitsuo and Koko really just feels like a lead in after this and the real show starts now, and I'm very much looking forward to seeing where it's going.

• This post is deleted!

• Spoiler

I think it was unforgivable what "Koko" said and did to "Chinami". When Koko stepped on Chinami's foot so she couldn't move I think that's when Mitsuo should have got involved, even though I really like Koko.

I wonder when the Hot Spings, Beach, or Bath episode will happen?

• Koko was definitely way over the line with Chinami. This type of thing, where she understands her behavior is wrong but is unable to control herself, is something that I have a feeling we'll see continue to see moving forward. With the reveal about Linda and Banri, I can see Koko reacting similarly to any sign of closeness between those two.

• is everyone watching episode 5?

• Episode 6 got weird, I hope it was only this episode.