2017 Anime Couples Tournament - Round 4 - Match 3

• We’re getting down to the wire with our round of 16! Cast your vote! The voting will remain open until 12:00 pm Mountain Time tomorrow.
    You must post your vote, as well as the current score after taking your vote into account. Please note clearly who you are voting for, either by making a comment or by highlighting your vote in the score tally. You may only vote once, and once you post you cannot change your vote. The first to 10 points or the highest score after 24 hours wins.
    Victor x Yuri
    Yuri on Ice
    alt text
    Gouda x Rinko
    My Love Story
    alt text
    Victor x Yuri – 0
    Gouda x Rinko – 0

• Victor x Yuri – 1
    Gouda x Rinko – 0

• Victor x Yuri – 2
    Gouda x Rinko – 0

alt text

Here we have another case of someone working to help better the other. Victor wants Yuri to succeed, but isn't entirely sure how as Yuri is a bundle of nerves and anxiety, and the pressure of performing is great but he wants to win and that pushes him to strive and be better. Through the struggle of figuring out how to help Yuri, and them working together, they do develop feelings and the whole thing develops rather easily.

This anime was such a pleasant surprise for me, as I knew what it would include when I started it, but I didn't expect it to feel so genuine and easy with them. Heck, Yuri worked up the confidence to put a ring on it!

And come on, the ship is named Victuri. That's pretty awesome.

Look at the transition we see in Yuri and how he builds confidence through his achievements and Victor.

alt text

alt text

That's some great stuff right there.

• Victor x Yuri – 2
    Gouda x Rinko – 1

• Victor x Yuri – 3
    Gouda x Rinko – 1

This is the first time I've actually had to result to deciding with a coin flip.

• Victor x Yuri – 3
    Gouda x Rinko – 2

• Victor x Yuri – 4
    Gouda x Rinko – 2

• Victor x Yuri – 5
    Gouda x Rinko – 2

• Victor x Yuri – 5
    Takeo x Rinko – 3