2017 Anime Couples Tournament - Round 4 - Match 1

• We’re getting down to the wire with our round of 16! Cast your vote! The voting will remain open until 12:00 pm Mountain Time tomorrow.
    You must post your vote, as well as the current score after taking your vote into account. Please note clearly who you are voting for, either by making a comment or by highlighting your vote in the score tally. You may only vote once, and once you post you cannot change your vote. The first to 10 points or the highest score after 24 hours wins.
    Shirayuki x Zen
    Snow White with the Red Hair
    alt text
    Simon x Nia
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
    alt text
    Shirayuki x Zen – 0
    Simon x Nia – 0

• Shirayuki x Zen – 1
    Simon x Nia – 0

• Shirayuki x Zen – 2
    Simon x Nia – 0

This one was hard. I ADORE Simon and Nia, I really do, and this is a match where I am ok seeing either win but Shirayuki and Zen are just too great to ignore.

alt text

Everything about their relationship has a solid foundation of respect. It's one of the few shows where I actually see mention of consent (Their first kiss catches Shirayuki by surprise in typical dramatic anime fashion, and Zen promises next time he get the urge he will ask for her permission first). They both have their goals and things that are expected of them, and they work together to accomplish these things, but they also recognize when the other needs to do it on their own and allows them to do so without interfering.

alt text

It's also one of the few couples I have seen where they don't allow people to come between them and form "misunderstandings". I hate this trope in anime (I am looking at you Kimi ni Todoke) as I find it so frustrating and I don't understand why they don't just communicate. And Shirayuki and Zen do just that. Someone claims Zen ordered Shirayuki away from the castle? Does she allow her feelings to be hurt or run away from the castle in tears in typical shoujo fashion? No, she finds a way to find him and ask if he said so, and if she did she was going to respect his wishes. (Of course he didn't)

alt text

It's lovely to see a couple where they are both intelligent and capable of standing on their own two feet, but they stay together because life is just better that way.

• Shirayuki x Zen – 3
    Simon x Nia – 0

• Shirayuki x Zen – 3
    Simon x Nia – 1

I love/adore Shirayuki and Zen, but Simon and Nia is an old favorite too, and it still pains me how that ended. But he literally went to the center of the universe to save the woman he loved. That's god damn powerful.

I want Shirayuki and Zen to win, and they probably will, but I can't stand by and just let these two fall without a fight.

0_1491237214365_Day 22 pic 3.gif

• Shirayuki x Zen – 4
    Simon x Nia – 1

• Shirayuki x Zen – 5
    Simon x Nia – 1

• Shirayuki x Zen – 6
    Simon x Nia – 1

• Shirayuki x Zen – 6
    Simon x Nia – 2