April Anime Challenge

• @emdier said in April Anime Challenge:

cause when Lelouch asks you a question you damn well answer :P

...lol

• @emdier awww can't you just edit that part out?! I want to hear it! D: !!!

^-^ annnd congrats on talking to him.

• Day 6: If you could resurrect one anime character, who would it be?

there is a lot of characters I would love to bring back...
    I'm going to go with one that I recently watched.

Your Lie in April
    0_1491507473160_tumblr_nkexwtycJF1r1cuzoo1_500.jpg
    kinda fitting that it's April and it's even the banner of this thread.
    I started watching the anime early this year and would watch a few episodes time to time...I finished it a little over a week ago, and it still kills me thinking about it.
    I really don't want to give spoilers away to those who have not seen it so...

Spoiler

Kaori Miyazono I just wanted her to live long enough to play one final duet with him...
    0_1491508119864_7d5b0f201620eb5ecf2b76fab29cc8c0.jpg

Assassination Classroom

Koro Sensei was one I really didn't want to die. From the start, it was set up that he had to be killed or the Earth would be blown up. But later on, we get his back story and find that he doesn't have to die. From that point on, I didn't want him to die. I was so conflicted as it would be a total cop out to not kill him, but I really didn't want him to die. Koro Sensei manages to change the lives of the kids in class 3E and give them tons of tool to use as they grow. He would have been a totally awesome teacher to have.

alt text

alt text

• @jameslegato said in April Anime Challenge:

@emdier awww can't you just edit that part out?! I want to hear it! D: !!!

^-^ annnd congrats on talking to him.

I have the video, just don't have the editing skills...

There's a lot of shows where certain characters pop to mind (The Flower We Saw That Day, Fullmetal Alchemist, Code Geass) but I think the one that wound up having the most impact on me and my enjoyment of the show is Death Note.

Spoilers

alt textL's Death had a huge impact on the series as a whole. I remember watching for the first time and just being in shock that OMG, they actually did it and there wasn't a way to bring him back. Sure, we introduce Near and he's basically an L clone but it was not nearly the same (HA!). I would have loved to see how the series would have played had he lived.

• What show are you looking forward to the most? (Show that is not yet aired)

Alrighty, honorable mentions!

• Hell Girl Season 4
    • Ballroom e Youkoso
    • Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Arc
    • Seven Deadly Sins Season 2
    • Full Metal Panic! Season 4

My answer here though will come as no surprise to anyone, considering that almost right after I did a bit long post as to why this show needed an adaptation, one was announced! Huzzah!

alt text

Magus Bride is one I am already budgeting to buy. No guarantees it's even gonna be licensed, and I am already saving to buy it.

This show is already a 10/10 masterpiece in my eyes too. The manga is nothing short of a work of art.

alt text

• What show are you looking forward to the most? (Show that is not yet aired)

Attack on Titan Season 2

• 6 - If you could resurrect one anime character, who would it be?
    Kamina from Gurren Lagann. I still can't believe how early in the serie he has to go, after that episode I was always hoping that his death would be fake or something and that he would come back in some way or another.

alt text

7 - What show are you looking forward to the most? (Show that is not yet aired)
    Attack on Titan, the second season's first episode gave me the same chills as the first one, I think it will be quite awesome.

alt text

• Day 7: What show are you looking forward to the most? (Show that is not yet aired)

I have 2 for this one, both being sequels (I think anyway). One is Steins;Gate 0, and the other Kino's Journey.

I love Steins;Gate, so more gets me excited. The alternate 23rd episode just left me wanting so much more, when they mess with the time lines, it's both wonderful and horrifying. Another season of Okabe being a genius dumbass, what's not to love?

alt text

Kino's Journey is fantastic. I loved it when I saw it, but 13 episodes isn't enough. Not having access to the light novels is annoying, I would love to read them. The announcement of a manga series based on the novels AND another series is far too exciting. I am a tad concerned as nothing has really been said about what it will be about, I am hoping more for a continuation in the original anime art style, than a reboot. Hopefully it will be added to my collection.

alt text

• Day 7: What show are you looking forward to the most? (Show that is not yet aired)

Game of Thrones, Season 7
    Stranger Things season 2
    oh wait...you mean anime D: well...

MHA and AOT have both already aired....soooo....=.=

FLCL season 2
    0_1491609344570_7337_flcl.jpg

Fate/ Stay night :Heaven's feel
    0_1491609356416_fate-stay-night-movie-heavens-feel-movie-trailer-release-date-filmmakers-divide-the-film-is-the-movie-cancelled.jpg

Numba one going to
    One Punch Man season 2
    0_1491609363434_6360674450716066801822722655_opm1.png

• @jameslegato said in April Anime Challenge:

I see no AOT Episodes for season 2... ?

• @Haildodger said in April Anime Challenge:

@jameslegato said in April Anime Challenge:

It started airing last week.
    https://www.funimation.com/shows/attack-on-titan/beast-titan/Simulcast/?a=1

• @Haildodger said in April Anime Challenge:

@jameslegato said in April Anime Challenge:

^-^ yup it started airing on the 1st.
    episode 2 of season 2 will air tomorrow :D

• Post a cosplay photo from your favorite series

Contrary to the fact that I picked this category, I don't actually look at Cosplay pictures all that often so this is gonna be an adventure! From the ones that google found, these are my favorites for Fullmetal Alchemist,

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

• @korrailli @jameslegato Ah, I see. I only watch dubs; it's not dubbed. This is why I didn't catch it. I can wait. Not a popular thing to say, but it is what it is. ~.^

• @Haildodger it's okay I understand ^-^
    it's part of their simuldub so the dub episode should be coming out soon :D

• Day 8: Post a cosplay photo from your favorite series

Kino's Journey is one of my favourite series, so seeing Kino in Durarara!! was nice. I saw Kino's Journey after watching most of Durarara!! so missed out on most of the references, but lucky for me, the last season had a few Kino references.
    alt text

However, since there aren't many actual Kino cosplay, I will pick a more popular show for today.
    Psycho Pass seems to have some nice cosplayers. The Dominators out there are pretty cool too.
    alt text

alt text

alt text

• Day 9: Strangest premise for an anime

Let's face it, anime is full of strange ideas. Many of which would just not work in any other medium. There are so many that I would completely avoid if they were western, but they somehow work in anime.

Assassination Classroom - Octopus creature has blown up the moon and threatens to do the same to earth unless a class of delinquents can kill him.
    alt text

Hetalia - Countries are anthropomorphized and it teaches some kind of history.
    alt text

Princess Tutu - Girl who is also a duck helps a Prince with no memories get them back, while doing ballet in a storybook town.
    alt text

• Day 9: Strangest premise for an anime

Anime is just full of weird premises.

Midori no Hibi - Guy wakes up to discover a girl has suddenly taken the place of his hand.

alt text

Akikan - Soda pop cans turn in to women and fight. For reasons.

alt text