April Anime Challenge

• alt text

Because work is going to be taking over my life, I figured I would get this up a day early to make sure it was up on time. So here we are, the April Anime Challenge!

1. Best Romantic Anime Scene
    2. Scene with the best soundtrack (ie. Where the music truly enhances what you are seeing on screen)
    3. Favorite scene from your favorite anime
    4. Anime that would do well turned in to a Hollywood film
    5. Favorite anime related memory
    6. If you could resurrect one anime character, who would it be?
    7. What show are you looking forward to the most? (Show that is not yet aired)
    8. Post a cosplay photo from your favorite series
    9. Strangest premise for an anime
    10. Time where you actually learned something from an anime.
    11. Worst anime plot twist
    12. Anime that did not get as popular as it should have
    13. Favorite anime genre
    14. Best anime based off a video game
    15. Scariest/Creepiest anime scene
    16. Anime with best finale (Series or season finale)
    17. Anime where season 2 was better than season 1.
    18. Worst anime adaptation
    19. Best long-running series (100+ episodes)
    20. Good character from a bad show
    21. Favorite currently airing anime
    22. Character that needs a spinoff
    23. Show that was not what you thought it would be
    24. Favorite mecha design
    25. Favorite anime director
    26. Favorite anime writer
    27. Favorite anime character designer
    28. Series with the best background art/scenery
    29. Biggest anime disappointment (High expectations, did not deliver)
    30. Favorite anime holiday themed episode (Christmas, Halloween, etc.)

• Day 1 - Best Romantic Anime Scene

Whoo, I am gonna get this started off! (I am only 3 hours away from April anyways). I am a big romance anime buff, watched so many of them I can barely count so I can think of a lot of examples off the top of my head.

And because I freaking love romance series so much, I am gonna go pretty much all out on this post. Y'all have been warned.

Honorable Mentions

Kenshin says goodbye to Kaoru - Rurouni Kenshin
    alt text
    This scene will always stand out to me as one of my favorites. The animation is stunning, especially for its time, and the way the entire scene is done is just beautiful. Between the way the fireflies illuminate the scenes, the music, what this means to our characters, body language, just little things that really bring the whole scene together. It's extremely melancholy but an extremely romantic scene.

Kirito and Asuna's Final Moments - Sword Art Online
    alt text
    Sword Art Online had a lot, and I mean a lot, of flaws but honestly, this ship isn't one of them in my opinion. It's no secret that I enjoyed the first arc of Sword Art Online the most, and I actually found myself getting a little bit emotional when this scene played. First off, it is visually stunning. And while I obviously knew they weren't going to die considering how much more story there is animated, I still found it quite sad. I know many won't agree, but I found this scene to be the best of the show.

Tohru brings Kyo home - Fruits Basket
    alt text
    This is such a huge scene for the two characters in question. The entire show, we have watched Kyo struggle with accepting himself and what the curse of his cat form really means. He is so certain that no one could love someone like him, and here comes Tohru and she responds exactly how we would expect her character to at this point in the story. And it just lead to such a beautiful scene.

Romeo find Juliet - Romeo x Juliet
    alt text
    This series is legit FULL of romantic scenes. It's Romeo and Juliet, of course there will be. And there is one scene that I remember watched back when this show was airing and thinking "Wow, that was beautiful", and that was this scene in episode 8. Lets face it, kisses and fireworks just go together, not to mention the dramatic swelling tones of "You Raise Me Up" in the background.

Finding Each Other - Your Name
    alt text
    Since many people have not had the pleasure of watching Your Name yet, I will refrain from spoilers here but I did love this scene on the top of the mountain.

Haruhi's Fear of Thunder - Ouran High School Host Club
    alt text
    Another scene that immediately made me ship the couple in the scene. Up to this point, Haruhi is pretty blase about just about everything, and then this scene is the first time we really see this kind of vulnerability and emotion from her. We see a new side of her along with Tamaki, and it's a scene that changes the foundation of their relationship and is really what sets them on the path to becoming more then friends.

Kagome comes through the Well - Inuyasha The Final Act
    alt text
    It was a bit of tie between this scene and the scene at the Sacred Tree in "Affections Touching from Across Time", the first Inuyasha film. This show will always have a special place for me considering it was really my first real anime, and this scene was just the cream of my shipper crop. After so many episodes and movies of build up, this scene just was everything I wanted for a conclusion. I read it in the manga first and the expressions, the emotion of it all was just perfect.

Yuuta and Rikka confession - Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
    alt text
    It was so childishly perfect and adorable.

But my top choice has to go to,

-WARNING! HUGE SPOILERS!- Tomoya's Choice - Clannad ~ After Story
    alt text

SPOILERS This truly is, to me, what it means to love someone. The build up to this scene is one hell of an emotional roller coaster, and I shipped these two hard core so it was a big scene for me. Here, Tomoya decides that even with all the pain and depression and all the bad, he would do it all over again just because meeting and loving Nagisa is worth it. Both of them suffer immensely, and make many sacrifices and in no way is their life a smooth ride, but it is worth it to them because they are together. How darn romantic is that? I know a lot of people who strongly dislike the ending to this anime, and I can understand why but I love a happy ending and I especially wanted one for these characters in particular.

alt text

• @emdier said in April Anime Challenge:

alt text

Because work is going to be taking over my life, I figured I would get this up a day early to make sure it was up on time. So here we are, the April Anime Challenge!

1. Best Romantic Anime Scene
    2. Scene with the best soundtrack (ie. Where the music truly enhances what you are seeing on screen)
    3. Favorite scene from your favorite anime
    4. Anime that would do well turned in to a Hollywood film
    5. Favorite anime related memory
    6. If you could resurrect one anime character, who would it be?
    7. What show are you looking forward to the most? (Show that is not yet aired)
    8. Post a cosplay photo from your favorite series
    9. Strangest premise for an anime
    10. Time where you actually learned something from an anime.
    11. Worst anime plot twist
    12. Anime that did not get as popular as it should have
    13. Favorite anime genre
    14. Best anime based off a video game
    15. Scariest/Creepiest anime scene
    16. Anime with best finale (Series or season finale)
    17. Anime where season 2 was better than season 1.
    18. Worst anime adaptation
    19. Best long-running series (100+ episodes)
    20. Good character from a bad show
    21. Favorite currently airing anime
    22. Character that needs a spinoff
    23. Show that was not what you thought it would be
    24. Favorite mecha design
    25. Favorite anime director
    26. Favorite anime writer
    27. Favorite anime character designer
    28. Series with the best background art/scenery
    29. Biggest anime disappointment (High expectations, did not deliver)
    30. Favorite anime holiday themed episode (Christmas, Halloween, etc.)

@emdier

Day 1 - Best Romantic Anime Scene

Ash and Misty aka Pokeshipping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC7My545Nlw

"Pokeshipping Moments"

I really can't pick there are some many GREAT Pokeshipping Moments!

The one that really though that maybe the best is from the Pokemon Movie 2000

When Misty told Melony the following:

0_1491023315612_Misty confesses her feelings about Ash!.gif

Misty confesses her feelings about Ash! In this scene which had a build to it tough out the movie. With Misty being jealous and denied she was boyfriend with Ash to Melony throughout the whole Movie and then said that. Confirmed she love Ash! Classic Angry/Denied shipping which are always there best! It still the NUMBER 1 ship out there it whole today. And was one of the original anime ship! #PokeshippingistheTRUECANON

• Day 1 - Best Romantic Anime Scene

Well... @emdier basically covered every romance anime ever, so not much to add. Since I don't watch anime for the romance, it's hard to find a truly great romantic scene.

Edward proposing to Winry is adorable and awkward. This scene comes at the very end of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and sums up their relationship. These two have been friends since they were very young and basically grew up together. That Ed doesn't realize he 'likes' Winry, and Winry is also a tad clueless about it makes it all the better when they finally get around to hooking up. Even how Ed does it is great. "Equivalent Exchange, I'll give you 1/2 my life if you give me 1/2 of yours". He really only knows alchemy, and tries to make it work with Winry.

Ed and Winry video

alt text

• Best Romantic Anime Scene
    You've already touched on some good ones. Obviously there are ships that I personally really like, such as:

• Shinra and Celty
    • Romeo and Juliet
    • Kirito and Asuna
    • Izana and Nagate
    • Kurisu and Okabe
    • Kousei and Kaori

...And they all have quality romantic scenes.

I'm going with a show that I actually found to be just kind of meh, but it did shine in a couple of places.
    Suzuka
    My favorite scene is the one in the final episode where they're walking to school together, and Yamato goes to hold her hand. He tells her it's okay if she doesn't want to hold hands in front of the others students. She then folds her fingers inbetween his and squeezes. It's the small things that I like the most.
    alt text

• @emdier

Day 2 - Scene with the best soundtrack (ie. Where the music truly enhances what you are seeing on screen)

VERY Easy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gXGYKNQE9M&t=195s "I Am The Hope Of The Universe - Dragon Ball Z"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rkb-RTDLDrI "DBZ - "Ally to Good" Speech (Funi Dub) [Toonami Broadcast]"

With the Bruce Faulconer Scores! AND ONLY THAT SCORES! it made the scene that more EPIC!

• Scene with the best soundtrack (ie. Where the music truly enhances what you are seeing on screen)

I'm going with Your Lie in April, where they perform together on stage. I mean music is 95% of their relationship, and it is 100% enthralling to witness. If you're not moved by this, then you may need to have your pulse checked.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0VsCaUk30Y
    alt text

• Day 2 - Scene with the best soundtrack

I am a huge fan of "Show, don't Tell", and music is a huge part of this when it comes to telling a story without dialogue on screen. First, a few honorable mentions.

Chiyuki Remembers (Chiyuki skating scene) - Death Parade

Kousei and Kaori's Final Duet - Your Lie In April

Mikasa Chooses To Fight - Attack On Titan

Korosensei's Fate - Assassination Classroom Season 2

Yuri's Free Skate Program - Yuri on Ice!!

Pas De Deux - Princess Tutu

Fireworks Scene - Romeo x Juliet

We Found You Menma - AnoHana

I'm sure I am missing a ton here.

But these two tie for my top spots, and those scenes would be,

The Final Fight in Sword of the Stranger and Playing in the Snow in Wolf Children.

alt text

Not only is this scene visually stunning, but it's a treat for the ears as well. I loved the soundtrack for this movie as a whole, but this particular piece of music in one that I listen to often and I still love it. The build up, the climax, the tension it builds is perfect. It's an amazing piece of music to this climactic battle.

alt text

The snow scene is my personal favorite from this amazing, movie, and the music in this scene just makes it. The playful nature of it is perfect.

• Day 2 - Scene with the best soundtrack

Terror in Resonance is one of my favourtie shows, and happens to have one of my favourite soundtracks to accompany it. There are so any amazing scenes, and amazing tracks that it's hard to pick the best one. It's honestly a show where the soundtrack distracts me becasue it is so good. There are a few scenes that really stand out.

The bike scene - Is
    I just love this song, and the scene is quite wonderful. Nine rescues Lisa on his motorcycle and they drive through the city together.

Bike Scene

alt text

Ferris Wheel Scene

Von is simply prefection, and great paired with Nine and Lisa in the ferris wheel.

Can't find actual scene, so this will do

alt text

Scene in episode 11

This one is a pretty big spoiler, but the music just fits it so well.

Spoiler, don't watch if you haven't seen the ending

• ^-^ Kay guys Day late but here I am!
    Day 1 - Best Romantic Anime Scene
    I'm a huge romance fan I could list dozens upon dozens but I'll go with the first ones that pop in my head.

HM's!

Blue Spring Ride
    0_1491170591759_tumblr_inline_n9ljnvZoKs1qclke2.png

I really liked the moment when he got off the train to be with her <3 awwwh

Wolf Girl & Black Prince
    0_1491171426565_f0a1d73192027d14d56d889721f4cc3d.jpg
    The Kiss scene >///<! eep!
    Itazura na Kiss
    0_1491170651281_INK_5.jpg
    The Spiteful kiss.... XD oh lord...he's soooo evil.

My #1 pick is!
    Say "I Love you"
    0_1491170718477_tumblr_oi5rufUpyx1vm1cr4o1_500.gif
    The promise
    oh my gosh oh my gosh! >.<! soooooo cute!

Day 2 - Scene with the best soundtrack

Princess Tutu - The Swan dance
    0_1491171335507_TutuGroupTVtropes.jpg

I'm going to go with
    La Corda D' Oro - Ave María
    https://youtu.be/bwIg7u8Sc-Q
    0_1491171353407_383071a2c629ff64fb33669a793eac311293594874_full.png
    XD might have thought of better ones if I really thought about it.

• Day 3: Favorite scene from your favorite anime

I use this one a lot as an example, because I find it's such a perfect scene. And that is Ed finding Al's body for the first time.

alt text

The music, the acting, the animation, the tension, what it means to the plot, the music, it's all perfect and makes for such an intense, goosebump worthy scene. It just really stands out to me, especially since it kind of comes out of nowhere.

alt text

Ed seeing Al's body for the first time since it was taken is intense enough, but then when he busts his way back through the gate, which is something that is just insane to think of before this scene, it's freaking epic.

Runner ups were,

- Mustang vs. Lust
    - Mustang vs. Envy
    - Ed transmutes his own life force
    - Alphonse vs. Pride and Kimblee
    - Greed and Fu vs. Wrath
    - Gluttony vs. Ling (Mostly cause I enjoy watching that little jerk pop)

It's no surprise that I love Psycho Pass, and there are a few scenes that I rather love.

First is Makishima talking about books. This is mostly becasue it's how I feel about books, it's not often I find a character saying something I actually feel.

Makishima talks books

However, that scene I really get excited about is far darker. Akane's friend gets kidnapped by Makishima in an attempt to lure her and force her to confront the Sybil System. He threatens to kill her unless Akane shoots him with a gun. Akane, being so reliant on Sybil, wants the system to judge him, but it won't. She tries to hold both guns, (the Dominator and the rifle), but is unable to use both. She cannot let go of the dominator (and her reliance on Sybil) to fully take on the rifle and save her friend. The whole scene shows how dependent Akane is on the Sybil System, that she can barely make a decision on her own. As an investigator, she needs the system to judge people and is unable to take on that responsibility herself. She knows Makishima is a bad dude, but the system doens't recognize him, she wants to shoot him, but can't. This scene just shows so much about the mentality of the world they live in, unable to really make any choices that mean anything and giving full power to the system.

alt text

• @korrailli I wish I had more of an interest in books. I can absorb manuals and information like it's nothing (and I enjoy it), but I've never been able to sit down, and bring the pages of a good story life. That's probably why my movie collection is the size it is. lol My younger brother on the other hand is a big book nut. Truth be told, he reminds me of Makashima a bit. Brilliant guy, but he also comes off like a psychopath (cold, detached, and not big on remorse). :P

wow this one was hard ...not cause of the scene but because I had to think of what my favorite anime was XD....
    I went with an anime I've seen dozens of times O.O I mean more than I can remember.

Big Winup! (Ōkiku Furikabutte)
    0_1491254077697_Nishiura_DVD9.jpg
    It's a sports anime with a lot of heart.
    The boys of Nishiura high school are a new team made up of only freshmen, and have a lot to learn.
    my favorite scene comes near the end of their first game in the tournament against last years champions Tosei.
    Mihashi is their only real pitcher as the backups are not the greatest, and with only 10 boys on their team there isn't much room for changes.
    with Abe's(the Catcher) help Mihashi is able to pitch late into the game keeping the score close.
    but poor Mihashi starts to run out of gas and, the team starts to notice.
    not wanting to give up the mound for anything, and to no one Mihashi acts like everything is okay, but when his teammates finds him cowering under the shower their hearts stop. will he be able to finish the game? will they be able to take the lead back? or will they call the game because of rain? all these thoughts race through their heads.
    I REALLY love this scene.
    the first time I saw it I choked up a little...
    0_1491254036829_Mihashi.PNG

• 1 - Best Romantic Anime Scene
    I don't remember any particular scene, but any scene from Ore Monogatari does it for me. It's just so cute.

2 - Scene with the best soundtrack (ie. Where the music truly enhances what you are seeing on screen)
    The scene in Attack on Titan when the armored titan breaks through the wall, it gives me chills just thinking about it.

My honorable mention would go to Kill la Kill for the song playing at the climax of every fight.

3 - Favorite scene from your favorite anime
    I'll go with the scene from Watamote when Tomoko spills her cola all over her face and hair, and what follows with the ants because of it. I find that part hilarious.

• Day 4: Anime that would do well turned in to a Hollywood film

There are so many anime that would be terrible to see live action, especially done be Hollywood. Anime special effects and strange characters don't seem to translate well to live action, and the slower paced shows that do work well aren't typical Hollywood fodder.

Baccano!! could do well as live action. It's just weird enough to appeal to those who like more violent shows like Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, or West World. There would be limited big CGI effects. It would be hard to get it down to a movie length though. Taking place in America doesn't hurt it's chances either. The art style being a bit more realistic could translate well to live action.

alt text

Monster would be fantastic to see an a Hollywood movie. While there have been talks to get it adapted, nothing has happened so far. Again, making it feature length would be a problem.

alt text

• Day 4: Anime that would do well turned in to a Hollywood film

There are a lot of anime that I think could potentially make a great film, but for some reason adaptations always want to change things up and I hate that, I have never understood why an adaptation can't just adapt. That's not to say some small things can't be changed to suit the big screen, but usually the changes are just ridiculous.

Anyways, on with my picks,

My first thought is Death Note, but I supposed we'll be seeing soon how that one does... At least as a Netflix adaptation. I am not sure how good this adaptation is gonna be, but Willem Defoe Ryuk is enough for me to try.

alt text

I am also convinced that Mushishi could be adapted well in to live action too. The Mushi could look awesome, and it's not too out there that people from the west would be unable to connect with the story like some anime.

alt text

Death Parade could make an amazing movie as well.

alt text

• 4 - Anime that would do well turned in to a Hollywood film
    I don't really care about movies so I have nothing to answer here...

5 - Favorite anime related memory
    Watching Elfen Lied as my "first" anime (watched on purpose from start to end), what a ride it was!

alt text

• Day 5: Favorite anime related memory

I suppose conventions rank top here. It is neat to meet VA's, and attend panels. Being around more-or-less like minded people is nice.

• Day 4 - Anime that would do well turned in to a Hollywood film
    I got a lot O.o I could go on but I'll limit myself.

ERASED
    0_1491442020754_1455291360-ba1096a13bb54f55c7d88a42b3e4b1cc.jpeg
    who doesn't like a good mystery with a bit of timey whimy magic?
    they could even change who the killer is O3o so much possibilities

PSYCHO-PASS
    0_1491442034992_PsychoPassvol1.jpg
    there are a few shows and movies out there that are similar like Minority Report. I can't help but get excited at the thought of a movie based off this anime...O.O and those guns...

The Heroic Legend of Arslan
    0_1491442049042_fa009deccfcf353f3ff90169b7b2a55b1427672230_large.jpg
    lots of action,loyalty,betrayal, bits of romance...this could be a great recipe for an amazing trilogy.

Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day
    0_1491442087238_anohana_render_by_gokuderaminami-d4yrwjm.png
    this is a tear jerker for sure. it only has 11 episodes so I'm sure hollywood can make a condensed version of it. :( I know I'd be crying my eyes out.

Hourou Musuko Wandering Son
    0_1491442102925_original.jpg
    this movie is needed and it'll help people who don't know about transgenders to finally see and understand what they have to go through.
    I think it would make a great movie ^-^.

Blue Submarine No. 6
    0_1491442109309_20750.jpg
    with only 4 episodes you pretty much don't have to cut much out for a movie adaptation ^-^.
    these types of movies are pretty popular so I think it'll be a hit if it got a Hollywood touch.

Day 5 - Favorite anime related memory
    Watching Princess Mononoke for the first time.
    0_1491442539265_princess-mononoke.jpg
    I remember flipping through my parents preminum channels back when I was still just a kid and stumbling unto this master piece of an anime...O.O I felt like I struck gold!....I had to hide that I was watching it cause of the violence. I would search for it and stay up late at night to watch it as many times as I could. ^-^

• Favorite anime related memory

This would be a lot more humiliating if it hadn't been basically completely anonymous, with the exception of one person knowing.

So @korrailli is at a convention, but I was working stupid long hours at the time as we were majorly short staffed and I bitterly was unable to attend, even though Johnny Yong Bosch aka Lelouch was attending. I wanted to be there very badly, but life doesn't make anime conventions a priority and then we had the brilliant idea of Korr having her phone on speaker, so I could listen to his panel while I was working. Worked great... For all of a minute and then suddenly the talking goes silent and then I hear the phone rustling.

Then Johnny asking who was on the phone.

Cue embarrassed stammering and "thank god no one can see me right now" red face.

I honestly could not tell you exactly what I said, it was all a blur but he was a good sport about it, asked why I couldn't be there and was super nice, allowed me to say hi (Not to listen to the rest of the panel though :P ). I didn't know at the time he was holding the phone to the microphone either, so everyone in the place could hear me embarrassed and fangirling a little bit on the other side of the phone. Heard them laughing but had no idea I was being broadcast to them all.

Korr even managed to get a video of pretty much the whole thing, although I won't be posting it on here as when he asks where I work I stupidly blurt out exactly where, cause when Lelouch asks you a question you damn well answer :P