Anime Expo 2017 Thread

• I'm excited to announce that, I, will be going to AX 2017, this year. It's going to be fun.

I made this thread for anyone who's going this year. This might help, IF you aren't aware of the area, or generally this is your first time. Los Angeles Convention is big. Imagine a High school and Walmart is together side by side. It's huge and tight with all the fans crowding to not hurt one another or trying to get to the next panel.

The LA area looks cool and widely advertise. Don't get me wrong i mean look around when you are in-front of the convention center. You'll see street vendors; food trucks and general trespassers. I got a 5$ Hot Dog from the trespasser

Expect a lot of traffic. The morning is busy, until later in the afternoon where everyone wants to go home. Hotels usually provide transportation like buses, but try something like Uber or Lift. Lift was my lifesaver

Have a master plan. Mine, is~~ when i quit my job~~ to ask for help by other Attendees, Exhibitors, Generally Anyone! Use Twitter! Facebook! I saw a lot of people helping in Social media that i stop and said "WOW!". People losing precious belonging or badges. Ask around. It's true about one thing. Security doesn't know about the convention center. They are paid to hire. Meaning - they are Temps. I did this kind of job and i know how it works. We don't know much about where we are hire, but we love to talk about anything.

Check out the Funimation booth! Literally i didn't get to run my first plan threw all the way. i was generally sad, until i got to the Funimation booths. They have stuff for you guys! I got Lanyards, Pins, Posters, Sunglasses, and T-shirts. And that was just for showing a 6$ Sub account. You can walk and ask for a poster without an account.

There are people who sell figurines, but find the vendor who will knock down prices. It's mostly to promote there company and good business. That and overstock so help yourself to make them a good deal. Make them laugh too.
    If you get your stuff ruin or your clothes are ruin, the badges are proof enough to grant you discounts around stores like Macy's (This may change).

Things to avoid:

• Food inside the Expo
    • Crunchyroll's booth**
    • Waiting for passes
    • Not bringing a bag
    • Bathrooms (Around & After 11-12)
    • Don't camp out (It isn't a concert to meet your favorite musician. Just trust me on that one.)
      **Note: I don't exactly see a problem to avoid Crunchyroll. It's that, they have a long line for basically Lanyards, Small Posters, and lanyards. It wasn't worth waiting an hour in line to receive (1). And you had to be the sole owner of the 10$ subscription. I couldn't share my brothers account for an extra bag for my stuff last year. Plus those bags rips so easily that I almost broke my stuff.

Things to bring:

• Food and Drinks. Include a bag. (Go to gas stations or grabs snacks before you go to LA)
    • Item(s) for autographs
    • MONEY!!!!!!!!
    • Friends
    • Wristbands for 18+ stuff (Helpful)
    • Tickets for Autographs instead of picking up passes
    • Mapping your places to wait for; Autographs, Exclusive Screenings, Panels, and General Nerd Out
    • Bring A/C adapter and USB for your phone. (They let you charge your phone there)

For those who are wondering about the unmentionable side of anime than i can put you at rest. There's a special corner of the main hall, where they well have this "Doujins" you are looking for. Please don't be creepy like the guy who breathes heavily with the scarf and hat on his/her face.

HUGE REMINDER!!! YOU CAN'T SNEAK IN!!! THERE'S GUARDS AT EACH ENTRANCE CHECKING BAGS AND COSTUMES!!!! IF YOU DO, YOU'LL BE ARRESTED AND MOST LIKE!Y BE PUT TO TRIAL!!! RIP HOT DOG VENDOR!

Good Luck!!!
    0_1490926795395_06pc_1920_1200.jpg