So Sean Schemmel‏ retweet this Petitions about Berserk

• Source:

https://twitter.com/SeanSchemmel/status/846499752594198529

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/569/672/833/redub-berserk-2016-with-the-real-cast/

So don't really know what this show is but Sean Retweet it and pin it on his twitter account and Well Goku is the Hope of The Universe after so I feel like I should post this so people can see it...

• @gohan6425
    waste of time and petitions don't work. the show is already dubbed and Sean's character died in the first season

• @Getchman Sean does not seen to thing soo...

"Sean Schemmel‏ @SeanSchemmel Mar 27

@thatguyandy02 also the sub. and petitions do sometimes work! Thank you!"

• Did they not just literally release the dub like, a week ago or something? Does anyone seriously think they are already going to redub it? What a major waste of funds that would be?

I would also really like to see an example of a petition working to change anything from an anime.

• @emdier Eh if enough people don't buy it maybe... Idk? But Sean seen to thing so... I don't watch this anime nor even heard of it I just posted this here b/c Sean twitter it out and pin to his page...

• Don't worry about it then Gohan. It is, actually, that simple.

• @gohan6425 said in So Sean Schemmel‏ retweet this Petitions about Berserk:

But Sean seen to thing so

Well, I'm afraid Sean is mistaken in this instance.

I understand why he's upset, but history has proven time and time again that anime petitions simply Do. Not. Work. If they did, then Laura Bailey would've gotten us a second season of Fruits Basket, Vic Mignogna would've been taken out of the Free! Iwatobi Swim Club dub, and Case Closed would still be getting new episodes dubbed in English.

As unfortunate as the situation is, the money's already been spent, the actors have already read their lines, and the dub is already completed. It's a done deal. No amount of complaining is going to change what has already taken place.

And honestly, as much as I like and respect the man, I think Sean is acting rather inappropriately about this. Even though this is an unfortunate situation, he should still at the very least respect the hard work and effort that the new actors have put into this dub. True, while he's not Marc Diraison, I think Kaiji Tang puts his own spin on Guts and does rather well.

So yeah, petitions don't work, Sean's kind of being a big baby, and while I too would like to see the original cast back, the new dub isn't all that bad.

• @SpacemanHardy

NEVER QUESTION THE HOPE OF THE UNIVERSE!

0_1490758453141_Snapshot_3.png

He the main man after! Number 1 Superhero :)...

Anyway back to this topic, as for this dub thing... I don't know why that would not used the same cast since this is a season 2 right? So the voices will be different from the 1st season so it going be weird for people going from 1 voices to the other in the next season... This is an unlike Funimation move so I wounding why that would do this... I mean if Cowboy Bebop got a Season 2 would that REALLY recast Steve Blum? Even the Japan Voice Actor said Steve did better then him in Cowboy Bebop?

• @gohan6425 Here's the thing though....

Sean Schemmel isn't Goku.

Goku is just a character that he plays. Sean is just another human being like you and me.

He makes mistakes. He screws up. Sometimes he says things that he probably shouldn't. Because he's imperfect.

Just because he plays "The Hope of the Universe" on TV.... doesn't mean he actually is.

And in this case, in particular, I believe that he spoke out of tune.

Does that make any sense to you?

• @SpacemanHardy Ok 1st of all that was just joke bro read the bottom part...

• @classyspartan Not saying this will happen but if people don't buy the dvd/blu-ray box set or and let said that only buy the set from the old voice cast season then that will put funimation in a bad b/c the whole point of dubbing something is too make money on it. And if you don't make money on it but do for classic dub then well then you got an issue at hand... Not saying that worst could happen but it could...

@SpacemanHardy Ok 1st of all that just joke bro read the bottom part...

The bad thing is, with you in particular, I actually have to ASK if you can understand the difference between actor and character. Because after reading some of your previous posts, I honestly can't tell if you DO!!

Now to comment on the rest of your post, you can't really blame Funi for any of this. The recasting was done on behalf of Crunchyroll and Bang Zoom. The original dub studio, NYAV, was left completely out of the loop, and Funimation didn't have any involvement with this new dub at all until Crunchyroll handed it to them.

If you want to blame anyone, blame them. And yes, I agree, it would indeed suck if Steve Blum was recast in a sequel to Cowboy Bebop.

But I mean.... Spike's dead anyways, so it's kind of a non-issue in that regard. :\

@classyspartan Not saying this will happen but if people don't buy the dvd/blu-ray box set or and let said that only buy the set from the old voice cast season then that will put funimation in a bad b/c the whole point of dubbing something is too make money on it. And if you don't make money on it but do for classic dub then well then you got an issue at hand... Not saying that worst could happen but it could...

Honestly this is a weirdly complicated situation anyways.

I don't have enough investment in the Berserk series, and this new series in general also just doesn't look....great in general visually, so....I don't know man.

Worst comes to worst if this doesn't sell well, Funimation and Crunchyroll got.....a lot of other series and titles to fall back on.

• @SpacemanHardy But I though Crunchyroll just does Subtitle things? There dubbing now? So Bang Zoom did not wanted to Dub it anymore or was NYAV not dubbing it b/c that where out of the loop? As for Cowboy Bebop that maybe true but hay Lelouch is coming back in Code Geass and well he "die" at the end of season 3 so who know when it come to making sequel...?

• @SpacemanHardy Well yeah I know about the partnership and all but I did not know crunchyroll had the right to dub thing on the behalf of Funimation. I though Crunchyroll only gets the rights to subtitles not dubtitles. Don't that still have to go though channel to dub thing then since there whole thing is suppose to be for subtitle?

• @classyspartan Well that is true but you still don't wanted to lose money on any title. But yeah I think Funimation will be find. But Crunchyroll on the other hand I not sure since there build on Subtitles not Dubtitles. And seeing how this is one of there 1st project with Funimation for dubbing since the partnership it not going look good on them people are not buying it... If that happen that is...

• @gohan6425 Please don't be referring to dubs as dubtitles, it takes on a very different meaning from how you are using it. Dubbed titles is fine, but not dubtitles you get me?

Crunchyroll didn't get into the dubbing game until recently and even then they are just having Funimation do it. In the partnership, at least based on my understanding, CR would get funimation titles (only the sub versions though) and Funi could get the titles that are only in Crunchyroll's hand's (so something like Konosuba, NOT something like Naruto) and give those titles a dub and funimation would host the dubs to those titles on the funi site. Think of it more like specialization, CR is expanding their subtitled content while Funimation gets more dubs to series that people may or may not want (Konosuba would be a popular one).

Honestly I don't really see how funimation really comes out benefiting from this. Especially with how crappy their site and apps (primarily the PS4 one I think) have been. Personally I would like the dubs to be a bit more accessible.

But hey at least they're still better off than The Anime Network! Funimation actually has android apps... Or just apps in general.

Well that is true but you still don't wanted to lose money on any title. But yeah I think Funimation will be find. But Crunchyroll on the other hand I not sure since there build on Subtitles not Dubtitles. And seeing how this is one of there 1st project with Funimation for dubbing since the partnership it not going look good on them people are not buying it... If that happen that is...

Well... yea but if a title just completely bombs and it doesn't sell, they ain't going to redub it if that is what you're getting at. They gotta peddle those extra blu-rays somehow.

• @darthrutsula40 said in So Sean Schemmel‏ retweet this Petitions about Berserk:

even then they are just having Funimation do it

Not entirely true. Crunchyroll dubbed Gintama episodes 266-316 of Gintama. I think I read it was sublicensed but Funimation had nothing to do with it and you can watch them on Crunchyroll's site.

• @darthrutsula40 said in So Sean Schemmel‏ retweet this Petitions about Berserk:

@gohan6425 Please don't be referring to dubs as dubtitles, it takes on a very different meaning from how you are using it. Dubbed titles is fine, but not dubtitles you get me?

Crunchyroll didn't get into the dubbing game until recently and even then they are just having Funimation do it. In the partnership, at least based on my understanding, CR would get funimation titles (only the sub versions though) and Funi could get the titles that are only in Crunchyroll's hand's (so something like Konosuba, NOT something like Naruto) and give those titles a dub and funimation would host the dubs to those titles on the funi site. Think of it more like specialization, CR is expanding their subtitled content while Funimation gets more dubs to series that people may or may not want (Konosuba would be a popular one).

Honestly I don't really see how funimation really comes out benefiting from this. Especially with how crappy their site and apps (primarily the PS4 one I think) have been. Personally I would like the dubs to be a bit more accessible.

But hey at least they're still better off than The Anime Network! Funimation actually has android apps... Or just apps in general.

Well that is true but you still don't wanted to lose money on any title. But yeah I think Funimation will be find. But Crunchyroll on the other hand I not sure since there build on Subtitles not Dubtitles. And seeing how this is one of there 1st project with Funimation for dubbing since the partnership it not going look good on them people are not buying it... If that happen that is...

Well... yea but if a title just completely bombs and it doesn't sell, they ain't going to redub it if that is what you're getting at. They gotta peddle those extra blu-rays somehow.

No I don't get what you nor do I see the different... Well Naruto own by Viz so that would not be able to anyway... As for the PS4 app what wrong with it? That the app I been using and don't seen to have and issue? I have more of an issue with my Roku app frezeeing after 1 ep. and then having to re started my Roku over again... The PS4 app working fine for me...

• @gohan6425 Dubtitles = the subtitles are just the script of the dub. This may not be evident for you as someone who doesn't watch subs, but as someone who watches both there is a very annoying difference between the two. You start learning some Japanese vocabulary so when you start watching dubtitles, you know without a doubt that what the subs are saying are not what the characters are saying. This actually causes fans to go back a retranslate the subtitles to be much more faithful. A rather notorious example of this happening is with Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 (or Rebirth 2). The translation is just terrible and someone who listens to the japanese dub will know that the sub titles are wrong.

While it may not make a difference for you, it does to those of us who care, and would just cause confusion. This is why I wanted to swoop in and correct you on it. This is one of those times where your ignorance of diction can cause problems.

And unless the PS4 app got fixed (haven't used it in a while) it kept pausing to buffer for a very brief moment constantly.