Sakura-Con 2017 (and FUNimation)

• The event organizers recently posted the schedule on their site, and meh; that being said, are we gonna have to wait like 3 days b4 the event to get the FUNIBlog post as to their plans? I need info to make a finial decision on the matter...

And if you have anything else to say, feel free as well...

UPDATE: See below for more details...

• Looks like their panel is at 3:30 PM on Friday. What else would you need to know from them?

http://sakuracon.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/SC2017_Schedule.pdf

• @Nobu

Plenty of stuff... perhaps you don't read the FUNI Con blogs they put out? Like who will actually be there; not including announced guests, like DUBBBLETALK or other FUNIStaff? What will they talk about? Will there be reveals (it is around start of Spring 2017 Season this con is)? What level of info should we expect? What free stuff/events outside panel (like show floor booth events)? Hopefully not MHA....

And of course, the "adult event"... cannot forget that one... Lots of q's....

Anyways, I assume ur smart enough to fill in the rest, so.....

• @thegrandalliance said in Sakura-Con 2017 (and FUNimation):

perhaps you don't read the FUNI Con blogs they put out?

Well, no. Not being allowed to read the blog without logging in (even though I already am) tends to discourage my interest.

Like who will actually be there;

I can pretty much predict it'll be Justin+1 at the panel.

and not including announced guests, like DUBBBLETALK or other FUNIStaff?

Doubtful.

What will they talk about? Will there be reveals (it is around start of Spring 2017 Season this con is)? What level of info should we expect?

Release dates, reveals, maybe some casting. There's nothing in-depth to be expected.

What free stuff/events outside panel (like show floor booth events)?

Maybe some giveaways, a raffle, purchase bonuses.

I say this as a con vet.

• Maybe some surprise announcements (new licensed shows, rescued long since out of print titles, etc.)

• @Nobu said in Sakura-Con 2017 (and FUNimation):

Well, no. Not being allowed to read the blog without logging in (even though I already am) tends to discourage my interest.

LoL, I think some "aged Americans" here are having technology issues, again... You don't need to be "logged in" to goto funimation.com/blog

Perhaps, use Microsoft Edge/Explorer? No wonder ur missing out. But no matter... I guess you therefore failed to see the most important blog post since, then...

https://www.funimation.com/blog/2017/03/11/funimation-acquires-kancolle-kantai-collection/

Funimation Acquires KanColle – Kantai Collection

You Should Be *Reading...

LoL, I think some "aged Americans" here are having technology issues, again...

No.

You don't need to be "logged in" to goto funimation.com/blog

Oh, I can go there, I just can't read anything due to the "You Must Be Logged In" Sign-in screen that pops up. alt text

Perhaps, use Microsoft Edge/Explorer?

Hell no.

I guess you therefore failed to see the most important blog post since, then...

Way ahead of you.

L&P. :-)

• Blog Update Regarding Outside FUNIPARTY (which is unusual not-Texas) for the event:

https://www.funimation.com/blog/2017/04/11/partying-at-sakura-con-2017/#more-18465

Funimation is going to Seattle for Sakura-Con 2017 this coming weekend, and we plan to have a real good time! We have two parties planned for the weekend that you can RSVP to, and FunimationNow subscribers can get some special goodies too. See below for more details.

Tempting, yes. At least this event is outside the con, so registration for the con is unrequired. I have been to these kinds of events b4, hosted my ArenaNet/GuildWars. But as for FUNimation and their activities; random non-anime Internet celebrities not enough, I need more...

As if you been to these things b4, u know that unless ur "in a group", it can be quite lonely at times. At least at a gaming event, u can talk to random developers.

Be nice if they gave more then 3-day advanced notice, but no matter. I will think about the first event, anyways. Something to consider. Tomorrow, I imagine will get the con details itself. Shall see, indeed...

• Sounds like fun.

alt text

alt text

alt text

Have a good time.

• @Nobu

See, didn't I tell u? And u were wondering y I was bitching so hard in OP...

...hmm, I think I need to "cosplay", perhaps...

And u were wondering y I was bitching so hard in OP...

I was?

alt text

• @Nobu said in Sakura-Con 2017 (and FUNimation):

I was?

Oooh, how so shy and innocent you are, Miss Kaga. How cute....

@Nobu said in Sakura-Con 2017 (and FUNimation):

What else would you need to know from them?

@Nobu said in Sakura-Con 2017 (and FUNimation):

@thegrandalliance said in Sakura-Con 2017 (and FUNimation):

perhaps you don't read the FUNI Con blogs they put out?

Like who will actually be there;

I can pretty much predict it'll be Justin+1 at the panel.

and not including announced guests, like DUBBBLETALK or other FUNIStaff?

Doubtful.

What will they talk about? Will there be reveals (it is around start of Spring 2017 Season this con is)? What level of info should we expect?

Release dates, reveals, maybe some casting. There's nothing in-depth to be expected.

What free stuff/events outside panel (like show floor booth events)?

Maybe some giveaways, a raffle, purchase bonuses.

I say this as a con vet.

.............how cute, indeed...

In other news, I think my decision will be based upon if Louren is showing up or not. Should find out that in tomorrow's convention blog post. "Unfinished business", as it were; as compiled in the Subscriber sub-forum regarding my critique of DubbleTalk b4 forums shutdown last summer. Justin "dislikes" me it seems, and Chad doesn't use forums, so...

I could be still persuaded elsewise, but a high standard it will be. Since none of you will even be there, of course...

• Ah, there's our difference; I would have already planned to be at the con ages ago.
    What FUNi has planned is just added attractions, not a compelling reason to attend.

• Well, according to latest episode of DublbleTalk, only Justin will be there. Louren's birthday this week, apparently though.

• Hmm, after further consideration, IDK if I will engage this time. Critical mass has yet to be reached. The guest list, "ineffective" for such "evilness".

And unless people here really want me to go for some reason, like /openfire "Justin" and report back thereof, it probably be best if I do not "agitate" the situation further.

Because if I go, me going for the purpose to get answers. No other reason thereof. Else, spending $85 for entry or otherwise, questionable. And unless any of you people here even care; which u don't, of course, well perhaps it is for the best....

Peoples of the Internet, ye have a few hours to decide. Alas...

In other news, I noticed there is like half the VA guests (like 7) were in Hyperdimension Neptunia at some point. Highest "rank" would be Nepgear, I believe. @darthrutsula40 would be happy, I think.

But no matter...

Because if I go, me going for the purpose to get answers. No other reason thereof. Else, spending $85 for entry or otherwise, questionable.

Go to have fun. If that's not in the cards, $85 can be better spent elsewhere.

• @Nobu

I appreciate ye forum participation in this thread; as it almost seems like this thread is "just me endlessly ranting randomly once again", and you responding pointedly, as always. A 2-person IM session.

But that is about it. Of course, no worries...