Is Funimation Eventually Phase Speed Racer out? Theory...

• So we ALL know Speed Racer is going to be on Blu-Ray/DVD for the 1st time however it only Dub Only. It the Classic English Dub of Speed Racer with English Dub Subtitle for people with hearing impediment. Which is great and all for people that watch Speed Racer I remember watch it sometime on the old Boomerang Block on Cartoon Network pre channel era. When we all though it was a cartoon you know... Anyway the follow Theory is basic on thing I seen Funimation and is something I could wrong about. So it very clear that Funimation got Speed Racer for the Nostalgia Value since I don't recall Funimation going after racing animes before? Anyway since that announced that pick the rights up that show the English Theme Song which made it clear what that going for. And now I go back to the new Blu-Ray/DVD Box Set coming out soon... There only having the old English Dub of Speed Racer with English Dub Subtitle for people with hearing impediment. This is something Funimation does not normally do for Box-Set that usually put the the Japan Dub into with English Sub basic the Japan Dub even when you watch the English Dub the subs will alway for by what was said in Japan over English. So what I think Funimation is going do is see how many people buy Speed Racer and if it does good in sale that may at some point make a new English Dub basic on the the Japan Very or much closer to it and keep the Japan name. Now I don't think this mean Speed Racer will go away I think has the Stream rights too if I not mistaking so I think though would air both on stream since Speed Racer will be on there soon. I mainly thing this b/c of what that said in the blog when that said that pick it that said that had plan on having both come out yet the Japan Dub is not offer in the English Dub box set. Which lead me to believe this is what there planning. But again I could be wrong here and in way I hope I kind of am here... So what you guys thing?

• It may be a licensing issue, that they could only get Speed Racer from what I can recall Tatsunoko signed a deal with Sentai Filmworks a while back giving them the access / opportunity to publish their back catalog. Gatchaman, Gatchaman II, Gatchaman Fighter, Casshan etc. the deal includes 11 titles which they've only published about half of them so far.

The deal Sentai signed with Tatsunoko was in 2013, and Tatsunoko legally had Speed Racer back in 2011, so Mach Go Go Go could have been one of the tiles Sentai could do, even if it isn't one of the 11 titles of the deal there could be a legal issue preventing Funimation from doing Mach Go Go Go

• @Series5Ranger Wait I though Funimation pick up the rights? So why would not let them be able to do it? Sentai does have the rights to Speed Racer so why would that be an issue?

• The Official Site lists Speed Racer and Mach Mach Go as separate titles, so they will probably be released separately.

• @Shiroi-Hane Oh damn we have a new mod???? And just like that I think she or he is better the SpacemanHardy as a mod! I wish she or he would be here more...

• @gohan6425 said in Is Funimation Eventually Phase Speed Racer out? Theory...:

new mod

Nope, just less involved.

• I was never interested in Speed Racer, never even seen it. The only knowledge I have was The Wachoski movie back in 2008. We all know how bad it is.

• @Zethus said in Is Funimation Eventually Phase Speed Racer out? Theory...:

I was never interested in Speed Racer, never even seen it. The only knowledge I have was The Wachoski movie back in 2008. We all know how bad it is.

Well IMO, the Speed Racer movie is NEW STUFF _>Classic Speed Racer Episode -> New Stuff for the ending. The Middle part, if you're a fan was perfect, it's just the Beginning and end parts that fell flat for me.

• @Nobu said in Is Funimation Eventually Phase Speed Racer out? Theory...:

@gohan6425 said in Is Funimation Eventually Phase Speed Racer out? Theory...:

new mod

Nope, just less involved.

That account has been broken since the site update. It started working again today, but as of right now it is broken again so I am back to using this one again.

• @Series5Ranger it came around the same time as Dragon Ball Evolution.

• @Zethus said in Is Funimation Eventually Phase Speed Racer out? Theory...:

@Series5Ranger it came around the same time as Dragon Ball Evolution.

I know it did. but I was trying to explain how the movie was basically New Stuff made for the movie wrapped around the middle of a classic Speed Racer Episode.

• @Series5Ranger @Zethus The Speed Movie was and Ok movie though... It was a Financial Fault as that put 120 Million Dollars into the film and only got 93 Million Dollars at the box office... But intern of anime movie made in Hollywood it mostly the best one out there right now... I see it on TV ones it it an ok movie...