2017 Anime Couples Tournament - Round 2 - Match 15

• Cast your vote! The voting will remain open until 12:00 pm Mountain Time tomorrow.
    You must post your vote, as well as the current score after taking your vote into account. Please note clearly who you are voting for, either by making a comment or by highlighting your vote in the score tally. You may only vote once, and once you post you cannot change your vote. The first to 10 points or the highest score after 24 hours wins.
    Our competitors!
    Shinra x Celty
    Durarara!!
    alt text
    Revy x Rock
    Black Lagoon
    alt text
    Shinra x Celty – 0
    Revy x Rock - 0

• Shinra x Celty – 1
    Revy x Rock - 0

• Shinra x Celty – 2
    Revy x Rock - 0

Durarara is a weird love story. A tale of twisted love.

alt text

There’s many types of love in this series. Some are more traditional crushes, some are twisted, some are batshit crazy, and some are pairings that people love because these characters hate each other therefore they’re down to bang. There’s many pairings of love and romance in this series, but to me the one that stands out the most?

Celty and Shinra.

alt text

This is an odd pair that started out as a one sided crush from Shinra with his fascination and curiosity with this strange headless Dullahan. But as time grew on, his obsession proved to be less scientific and morbid, but more romantic in nature. Genuine romance. And Celty with her time spent living with him and spending time with him and other humans in general, grows to return his feelings.

alt text

There’s something about the way these two are written. Ryogo Narita seems to actually write some very fascinating romances and this to me is one of his most compelling. They are so charming together and their chemistry is great. For someone who can only speak through text Celty has a lot to say and express. Her moments of frustration, vulnerability, and cuteness are seen and appreciated by Shinra when many others would be horrified by Celty being a headless monster, when he sees her as a beautiful woman. And it’s not like Celty’s not tough, by all means she is the far more capable and strong creature who can take on gangs and ride in the streets, meet people and become a person of her own will. But the two of them together creates what may be some of my absolute favorite parts of the series in general. They are equally strong characters on their own, but like any true pair they compliment each other so well and legitimately compliment, and even complete one another. They care, they fight, they joke, they flirt, they share, and they quite literally love one another in a way that I absolutely adore and appreciate their strange love turned out to be one of my absolute favorite pairs in all of anime.

alt text

• Shinra x Celty – 3
    Revy x Rock - 0

• Shinra x Celty – 4
    Revy x Rock - 0

• Shinra x Celty – 5
    Revy x Rock - 0

• Shinra x Celty – 6
    Revy x Rock - 0

• Shinra x Celty – 7
    Revy x Rock - 0

• Shinra x Celty – 8