I officially withdraw my affirmative support for Masamune Revenge

• ...not to let the FUNimation misdubbing of this off the hook, but the show itself falls apart at the end of Episode 9, and just self-destructs thereafter. I won't bore you with technical details, but it is another case of sticking to a manga that story apparently sucks/unperfected and should have been rewritten. Furthermore, in the 12 episodes it has, it tries to compress too much in too short time over last 4 episodes.

And the story ends anti-climatic and without conclusion; not unlike another Japanese originated major video game release this month. It does not even finish the hastily written manga story. No way could they expect more then one season for this show. Yet they nerf it anyways.

Indeed, as it would explain why this show got funding from the CR investment fund: Because Japanese smart enough to back away. The so-called "second-rate anime". It seems everything CR invests in as to the anime production itself is a dud, or otherwise vastly limited appeal. Like Idol Incidents. Perhaps, they should take a more active role in development. But no matter.

I know this show still going on here on FUNimation, but don't get hopes up. This show is most certainly not worth your life; and "believe me", I thought previously this was best anime of Winter.

Well, when Dragon Maid is done I can nuke me CR sub finally. And it runs out around then, so is good timing. Perhaps I will "officially" return to FUNI for a month. Or not. We shall see, indeed...

• @thegrandalliance

You're actually thinking about returning? (Marks this day in the calender)

Seriously, you actually think Funi will get anything better? If the past couple years has proved anything, you are lying to yourself.

Funi picks up a great deal of shows a season, only 1 maybe 2 are worth anything that is if you are lucky and the dubbing doesn't suck so bad that nothing is worth watching.

Go back to the old GTA tag line; Because indeed, you should not be watching.

Unless you have low mental capabilities, short attention spans, like BL stories, or hardly any storyline at all, regurgitated phoned in BS.

I am still waiting for fixes to apps to finish up my backlog personally.

• @valyn76

Well, I have a few "older" FUNI shows that would be enough for 1 month. Chaos;Child dub, waiting to watch that. Even Steins;Gate, me so behind. FUNI past catalog of titles still blows everyone else out of water. Plus, some series like Wolf Rain re-released last Feb, altough IDK if on stream.

There are some FUNImovies too, but again IDK how many will be on stream. Like Haruhi. Anyways, the point is, I can find 1 month of stuff to watch. Else, may consider new streaming service horizons like "The Anime Network".

In terms of the site itself, I can use Windows 10 Mobile app. Because nobody cares about Windows, it still works same as before. Slow to navigate, but videos work as intended. Better then CR player. So, altough peoples here like to complain about everything, there are "still options" out there.

Indeed, as I imagine I will know for sure first week of April. I could just break all together from anime. In either case, I will wait for all the shows of Spring to be released before jumping in again to Crunchyroll. No rush this time.

And, Sakura-Con (Seattle) is this April... Although haven't been in years ("technicals"), me thinking about it this time. Perhaps, some words of exchange are in order. No matter...

• Hi GrandAlliance,

Maybe it was just me, but i hadn't seen any recent posts from you? did you take some time off? On Gohan's thread for Code Geass voice cast speculation, i was reading through it, and was like, "what would grandalliance say here?"

Good to hear that you might be re-subscribing to FUN. Also, i think i might have found your profile on STEAM (laughs) :-D i don't want to provide the link in order to safeguard your privacy, congrats on your accomplishments, however.
    Sincerely,
    P.J.

P.S.- i found my old FUN account profile with my old posts and was like there were so many other people i used to communicate with and wondering where those people are now.. users including, but not limited to: ForCom5, nubguy, Gyt Kaliba, Gekiganger, and Dragon0.

• This is getting weird again..

when i just posted now, they credited it under my original P.J. account NOT the PJ1 account. do i once again have access to post from my original account? - - that would be nice.. in any event, i seem to have two [2] profiles: https://www.funimation.com/forum/user/pj1 (newer) AND
    https://www.funimation.com/forum/user/p-j (older)
    it would be nice if they took my posts from the newer PJ1 account and just add them to my older account P.J.

• what i'm also noticing is that i am online, yet the circle that usually lights green (to indicate online) has not been glowing as of recently. are changes still occurring to the Website?

• @P.J. This account has suddenly started working so maybe the devs have fixed spaced/hyphenated asking names now?

• I never thought it was amazing to begin with, so i was only let down by the end of the show. Very obvious, read the Light Novel if you want the rest of the story. No real loss, plenty of other stuff in the remaining 35ish shows I've been watching this season.

• @Getchman

I already got the rundown from the CR thread, so no worries. Problem is, the manga/light novel story too messed up for 1 anime season; and still at that. The show tries to be too cute... Aki/Neko have major health issues, next episode like it /neverevenhappened . Drama with secondary characters whereas none before. And the "other Masamune", worst plot device of Winter 2017.

But yes, I can go on and on with this. Although I still stand by me Aki, the show she is in is a disgrace to her name. Indeed, even this below anime title is better then the "fake revenge" nonsense...

But no matter...

• @Shiroi-Hane said in I officially withdraw my affirmative support for Masamune Revenge:

@P.J. This account has suddenly started working so maybe the devs have fixed spaced/hyphenated asking names now?

Now we just need to fix rest of the site for peoples out there b4 Spring season simuldubs start, and all of the FUNIRAGE will be...

• I do see your points I've watch both simultaneously to enjoy the best quality. But I do see the manga difficulty. For 1. The beach episode is a lie! 2. I saw what they did!!! It's horrible to just add unofficial stuff to the anime.

But overall the manga was ending and it was one of those hit or miss animes. I see as a miss for good jokes. All for the rest we almost got the perfect anime.

• Hello Shiroi-Hane,

Would you happen to be this user?: https://www.funimation.com/forum/user/shirobane

According to a recent response from the ticket system, the log in issue had to do with clearing cache, cookies. i'm not entirely convinced.. i'm pretty sure that was one of the first things i did, yet, that proved unsuccessful.. i lend more weight to that their technical team might have had a breakthrough of sorts. i guess i'll keep fingers crossed that this holds.

By the way, Grand Alliance, i didn't want you to think that i was making fun of your STEAM profile, i was amused that i was even able to find it (i think). I apologize for any confusion - - it was not my intention to anger you.

Sincerely,

P.J.

• @P.J. Checked, mine's still busted.

• @Nobu It might be a per-account fix then, and they happen to have done mine (my account issue was reported via Sophie as soon as the site went live)

• Hi Nobu,

I'm sorry to hear that. It might be what Shiroi highlights. For example, i went back and forth with a couple of support e-mails really delving into the log in issue.. By the way, your anime avatar is so adorable! i think i remember you had another wallpaper with the same character saying that, "she did it.." very cute. :-)

in other news, i have a strange feeling that Grand Alliance may not be talking to me any longer.. watch, G.A. rings in with, "It is so ordered.."
    nooooo! #notice me sempai

Sincerely,
    P.J.

• @P.J.

No, I just have been semi-AFK from Internet forums, including FUNI, recently. Plus you like to go off the rails a bunch, and I tend not to engage off-topic (especially my own) discussions. Or, ye will face the Wrath of, let us say, "other forum users".

Had too much of me stuff been derailed by nonsense, so as of recent been trying to keep focus. Pay no mind to such; and I would advise you to keep on point in order to avoid "certain other user inference", as it were...

But no worries...

• @thegrandalliance said in I officially withdraw my affirmative support for Masamune Revenge:

Had too much of me stuff been derailed by nonsense, so as of recent been trying to keep focus. Pay no mind to such; and I would advise you to keep on point in order to avoid "certain other user inference", as it were...

You're welcome.

By the way, Grand Alliance, i didn't want you to think that i was making fun of your STEAM profile, i was amused that i was even able to find it (i think).

his steam profile is the same name as it is here on funimation. the picture is a WoW related one I believe (pretty sure he made mention about it a long time ago). He added me on Steam back in like October or sometime before that.

It might be a per-account fix then, and they happen to have done mine (my account issue was reported via Sophie as soon as the site went live)

I'm willing to bet I have the same/similar issue you had, Because my original account won't log in to the forums I guess. I did try my own hand at it but the best I was able to do was delete the insta-generated account but when I log back in it just make another one.

• @darthrutsula40 said in I officially withdraw my affirmative support for Masamune Revenge:

his steam profile is the same name as it is here on funimation. the picture is a WoW related one I believe (pretty sure he made mention about it a long time ago).

*Guild Wars 2. But the name is WoW; the forgotten, that is...

• Hi Grand Alliance,

Good to hear, good to hear. You explain, "Plus you like to go off the rails a bunch..." I think that might be from another classic rock song from back in the day.. can't think of the author right now...

I'm almost afraid to ask who the wrath of other forum users would be?

Nice to hear from you again,

Sincerely,

P.J.