*Voting Closed* 2017 Anime Couples Tournament – Round 1 - Match 53

• Cast your vote! The voting will remain open until 12:00 pm Mountain Time tomorrow.
    You must post your vote, as well as the current score after taking your vote into account. Please note clearly who you are voting for, either by making a comment or by highlighting your vote in the score tally. You may only vote once, and once you post you cannot change your vote. The first to 10 points or the highest score after 24 hours wins.
    Our competitors!
    Nagisa x Kayano
    Assassination Classroom
    alt text
    Sana x Akito
    Kodocha
    alt text
    Nagisa x Kayano – 0
    Sana x Akito - 0

• Nagisa x Kayano – 1
    Sana x Akito - 0

• Nagisa x Kayano – 1
    Sana x Akito - 1

alt text

I know Sana and Akito are the under dogs here, their series is one the older side and Assassination Classroom is quite popular, but honestly Sana and Akito are just one of those relationships that are fantastically developed. It's a classic love hate relationship in the beginning, but as they learn more about each other everything is based off acceptance and understanding. In the manga they are even able to maintain a long distance relationship in a healthy manner, which is no easy feat.

They make sacrifices for one another, accept each others flaws and and overall, are each others strength.

I mean, I like the relationship Kayano and Nagisa have, but at the same time I don't really see them as a couple. I always felt the romantic feelings in the relationship really did go one way. Nagisa obviously cares a lot about Kayano, but I don't think he's in love with her.

alt text

• Nagisa x Kayano – 2
    Sana x Akito - 1

• I've not seen Kodocha, and I'm a little ambivalent towards Nagisa & Kayano, so I'll abstain.

~No vote

Nagisa x Kayano – 2
    Sana x Akito - 1

• Nagisa x Kaede – 3
    Sana x Akito - 1

• Nagisa x Kaede – 3
    Sana x Akito - 2

• Nagisa x Kaede – 3
    Sana x Akito - 3

I adore Sana and Akito from the bottom of my heart. Watching them develop from rivals to friends to "more than friends" happens in a way that feels completely organic as they both get involved in each others lives.
    They both help to heal each other from wounds both in the present and the past.
    If my work break was longer I would add more, but they are one of my favorites for a reason.

• Nagisa x Kaede – 3
    Sana x Akito - 4

Nagisa x Kaede is just ok to me, so I'll hear your plea and vote Sana x Akito

• did she just drag him down by his head in that gif? XD

Nagisa x Kaede – 3
    Sana x Akito - 5