*Voting Closed* 2017 Anime Couples Tournament – Round 1 - Match 52

• Cast your vote! The voting will remain open until 12:00 pm Mountain Time tomorrow.
    You must post your vote, as well as the current score after taking your vote into account. Please note clearly who you are voting for, either by making a comment or by highlighting your vote in the score tally. You may only vote once, and once you post you cannot change your vote. The first to 10 points or the highest score after 24 hours wins.
    Our competitors!
    Cloud x Tifa
    Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
    alt text
    Nozaki x Chiyo
    Monthly Girl Nozaki-Kun
    alt text
    Cloud x Tifa – 0
    Nozaki x Chiyo - 0

• I know I'm going to be the underdog in this situation, but please allow me to speak my piece.

SPOILERS BELOW FOR FFVII (for what it's worth, it's a 20 year old game. you should've played it by now)

Yes, I'm aware they're only in here on a technicality. But damn it man, I love Cloud and Tifa and I will defend them to the end.

It's not that I don't like Chiyo and Nozaki, I do. They're cute together. But the thing is, are they really a "couple"? As far as I know, Chiyo's attraction is one-sided, as she's too shy to share her feelings, and he's completely oblivious to pretty much everything.

Cloud and Tifa, on the other hand, actually have a lot more evidence pointing towards them. They live together, they raise two adopted children together, and according to the official Final Fantasy Ultimania, they "expressed their feelings towards each other without words." And whether you want to believe they made love under the Highwind at the end of disc 2 or not, they still chose to spend what could've been their very last night alive together instead of going off like the other party members did.

Granted, the beginning of Advent Children sees them going through a rough patch, but then again, that's normal for a lot of real-life relationships. Not to mention everything gets worked out and goes back to normal by the end.

They're not the most conventional of relationships, nor are they the most romantic, but considering all that they've gone through together, I can't help but absolutely adore this couple, and I will sail this ship to the bitter end.

alt text
    #CloTi4LIFE

Cloud x Tifa – 1
    Nozaki x Chiyo - 0

• Cloud x Tifa – 2
    Nozaki x Chiyo - 0

I have to admit, I am swayed. I really like Nozaki and Chiyo, but cannot deny the above argument.

• Cloud x Tifa – 3
    Nozaki x Chiyo - 0

• Cloud x Tifa – 4
    Nozaki x Chiyo - 0

• Cloud x Tifa – 5
    Nozaki x Chiyo - 0

• Cloud x Tifa – 5
    Nozaki x Chiyo - 1

• Cloud x Tifa – 6
    Nozaki x Chiyo - 1

• Cloud x Tifa – 6
    Nozaki x Chiyo - 2