Any chance we can get seperate profiles for family and friends sub?

• Just started to sub and also added the family and friends to it. I was just wondering if there were any plans to make it so your family and friends could have their own profiles within my account like netflix does, then our shows history and que's wont be all on the same list?? Also, couldnt help but notice there is no way to track what and where we have commented/reviewed so far without just having to know the specific show and episode. So far I love how you guys our doing thanks!

• This is being discussed.

• I also certainly would like this as I want to get friends and family for my brother but do not want my queue and or continue status on shows I watch being an issue for me if a family member is forced to use my queue etc. Having a separate queue/profile etc like netflix makes that issue moot.

• @Sophie said in Any chance we can get seperate profiles for family and friends sub?:

This is being discussed.

Thanks for replying! I think Funimation can could catch up to things like Netflix and Crunchyroll, but it does seem like Funimation has this project more on the back-burner or as a "Test" from what some of the other forum posts are saying. Anyway to see updated news and updates or use on other platforms? I know of the partnership with Crunchyroll, but does it only go so far as sharing content for making this the "Dub Hub" or are they helping make the streaming service any better as well? So far i am happy with Funimation as I do mostly prefer to watch things in my own language. Thanks!

• Has there been any update on sub account profiles? I would like to be able to have individual accounts for myself and a friend to use. It would make our watching much better.

• @Legion23Golf said in Any chance we can get seperate profiles for family and friends sub?:

Anyway to see updated news and updates or use on other platforms? I know of the partnership with Crunchyroll, but does it only go so far as sharing content for making this the "Dub Hub" or are they helping make the streaming service any better as well?

It only goes as far as sharing content.

@Spiffyrunner said in Any chance we can get seperate profiles for family and friends sub?:

Has there been any update on sub account profiles? I would like to be able to have individual accounts for myself and a friend to use. It would make our watching much better.

Yes, but instead of profiles, we'll be doing subscription sharing. I've already written requirements for it. Basically, subscribers that have purchased the Friends & Family Add-On will be able to share their subscription streaming benefits with up to two other free accounts. As long as the main account stays a subscriber, all three accounts will get the benefits. The main account will still be able to stream on up to 5 devices simultaneously. The free accounts will each still only be able to stream on one device.

There is no ETA on this feature's launch, but it's in the pipeline.

• @Sophie Sorry if this sounds like a redundant question, but will the main account be separated with its own queue, history, and settings? My reason for asking is there are shows which I'm more than comfortable watching, but wouldn't want to turn my kids loose with. Would this plan, once established, allow me to share a family account with my kids by attaching a free account where settings for mature anime can be blocked, and still block them from watching shows which I may have in my queue that I wouldn't find acceptable for their ages? This has been an issue in the past, and kept me from setting up a kids account due to essentially having open access. If they want to watch "Prison School" when they're older that's their business, but it's not acceptable for a pre-teen audience.