A few questions about funimation

• Hey guys! So first post, but I've been a funimation subscriber for a few years now. I guess I just wanted to see if anyone had any answers to a few questions I've had for a while. Here's my questions:
    How come there are incomplete dubs? ( I just watched the Heroic legend of Arslan season2 and it ended on the 8th episode, i feel like the norm is usually 12, but I may be wrong)
    Has funimation completely stopped producing full seasons at a time for broadcastDubs?
    Does funimation go back and dub the older subbed titles?
    Honestly that's all I have for now. If you know the answers please let me know! Thanks!

• @sfer said in A few questions about funimation:

How come there are incomplete dubs? ( I just watched the Heroic legend of Arslan season2 and it ended on the 8th episode, i feel like the norm is usually 12, but I may be wrong)

Season 2 of Arslan only had 8 episodes. What you watched was the whole thing.

Has funimation completely stopped producing full seasons at a time for broadcastDubs?

I don't really understand the question. Broadcast dubs have almost always been released at the rate of one episode a week (exceptions being shows like season 1 of Snow White with the Red Hair where they released it in batches of 4 episodes at a time).

Does funimation go back and dub the older subbed titles?

For most titles, yes. There are still some shows that, either due to lack of popularity, low streaming numbers, or various other reasons, are released sub-only.

• @SpacemanHardy hey thanks for responding. Wow I'm surprised at the Arslan thing kinda ended poorly then. What I meant when I said releasing whole seasons at once was a while ago funimation would release 1-2 episodes, then in the following weeks release 3-12. One example I can think of off the top of my head is D-Frag.

• yes, for show that are not simuldubbed but get a dub later on, the first 2 or 4 eps (depends if the show is 1 or 2 cour) are uploaded 6 weeks before the release date and then the rest is uploaded on the release date

• @Getchman awesome thanks! I feel kinda stupid for asking all these, but everywhere I have looked for info I never got a good answer.

• @sfer said in A few questions about funimation:

Wow I'm surprised at the Arslan thing kinda ended poorly then.

Arslan had caught up to the manga, so there really wasn't more to adapt. Hopefully as the manga moves ahead, there will be more anime.