How Many Paid Subscribers Does Funimation Have?

• How many paid subscribers does Funimation have? I'm just curious since Crunchyroll recently announced they hit 1 million subs, and I want Funimation to be as successful if not more so than CR.

I love Funimation's dub and their pacing for dubbing simulcast.

Also, does paying a yearly $60 sub to Funimation help as much as buying blu-rays? Or does buying blu-ray help much more?

• I believe the funimation has not announced any specific number yet, I am also curious to hear how many paid subscribers funimation has. However, I understand why funimation doesn't want to release the number. They probably do want to compare their paid subscriber count (most likely lower than) those of crunchyrolls.

• well to be honest I've got both Crunchyroll and Funimation there's lot of good anime that Crunchyroll had than Funimation. and i'm having a problem watching Funimation because it keep's buffering.

• In my opinion, funimation streaming service has progressed leaps and bounds from were it started was a year an half ago. In comparison, crunchyroll has been in the anime streaming game much longer than funimation and has more experience in managing a dedicated streaming app across different platforms.

• I see funimation streaming service having high potential, and It is my hope that other will also eventually see that as well.

• Honestly I feel that funi is getting the short end of the partnership. Because them giving crunchyroll most of their content and removing it from their website in order to pay for and produce crunchyroll's dubs seems pretty unfair to me. The only way something like that would be a good business decision is if the partnership was actually funi buying out crunchy which according to what their telling everyone that isn't the case.

• There are many good things and a few bad thing that come out of the funimation/crunchyroll relationship, but I think the main reason is reduceing licensing fees for anime. Since Japan's licensers cannot play each company against each other anymore, the overall asking price for licensing/streaming new anime in North America reduces significantly.

The crunchyroll partnership also always funimation have the "pick of the litter" for each season. Previous, anime that streamed on crunchyroll would eventually be licensed by other companies like Sentai Filmworks. Now, funimation can dub/license titles that they think will be the most profitable. While leaving other companies the leftover scraps of the season.

• Only about 40 shows have moved to CR and the last to transfer was a couple months ago so no short straw at the moment

• @Desmond321 said in How Many Paid Subscribers Does Funimation Have?:

I see funimation streaming service having high potential, and It is my hope that other will also eventually see that as well.

I still love my blu-ray though, assuming they're priced fairly for around 13 episodes in the range of $60. More if it's a collector's edition.

• it would be interesting to see what the popular shows were and what the most watched was, especially by country through FunimationNow. would be cool to see what other people in the UK were watching

• @lcdude said in How Many Paid Subscribers Does Funimation Have?:

Honestly I feel that funi is getting the short end of the partnership. Because them giving crunchyroll most of their content and removing it from their website in order to pay for and produce crunchyroll's dubs seems pretty unfair to me. The only way something like that would be a good business decision is if the partnership was actually funi buying out crunchy which according to what their telling everyone that isn't the case.

See the advantages for both are different on the partnership. Short term CR and Funimation get access to more titles. Long term is that Funimation stands to potentially make more bank from the Home Video sales, which is where they make their most profit. Which is the only reason, besides curbing licensing costs, for them to do the Partnership.

• Me
    I am a paid Subscriber the $60 bucks a year plan is not bad at all
    so thanks dudes

• I like this site more than Crunchyroll anyways. I hate flash players and glad we upgraded a whole new site. Overall the bugs are real. Who hasn't heard of a website with no bugs at launch. Crunchyroll had so many bugs at launch i couldn't stop yelling at my laptop.

I am a PROUD paid subscriber.

I just choose to pay every month instead of yearly. I go out too much so... yeah...
    0_1491090013931_Gw0V9jh.jpg

• Just upgraded to the yearly. I enjoy the shows and funimation. Wish they would hurry up and iron the kinks out of a lot of the apps...

I currently watch on my xbox one. Where it likes to shut down and kick me out of the app here and there...