Why is this anime so epic and so hated?

• For a while now i have been pondering this question and have made some conclusions. Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero gets a bad rating by so many and is hated so much by others that i was wondering why. "What was so awful about it?" i said. so i watched it and found that it is one of the best animes i have ever seen. but before i tell you why i feel it is the best i will tell you what i found to be the reason most hate Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero.

The reason (and this is from many peoples mouths) is that the main character is a and i quote "perverted pretentious a-hole". then i find out that all those people have not watched the anime farther than the 3rd episode 2nd episode. this is not fair to the anime VP.

what i think makes it the best is the depth of the main character and the originality of the story.

Is it worth watching? rating: 10
    Re-watchability: 5 never gets old
    overall Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero gets a 15 on my rating scale which is the highest.

but i am interested in other points of view.

• The main character sexually harasses girls, steals their underwear from off their bodies, tries to molest them in his sleep, and makes them pee themselves.... And gets treated like a hero for doing so

The main reason no one watches past episode 3? Because everyone is disgusted by it.

But hey, if you're into that kinda stuff, more power to ya. :\

• Ever since watching this show I thought it was ironic and hypocritical of people not liking it and hating on the main character for being honest about being a perv, unlike most males who get scared of girls and don't do or say nothing.

• @darkmatterkakine Being perverted is one thing. Sexually harassing girls and getting away with it is another entirely.

• I was curious as to what was so bad about it, so looked at a couple of clips on Youtube. Honestly, just the few little scenes were sickening. I personally don't see the entertainment in doing things to someone that obviously humiliates them or makes them uncomfortable. I don't see how it's "hypocritical" to dislike that sort of thing.

Being "honest about being a perv" and infringing on other people because it's what you like are two totally different things. You can be honest without sexual harassment.

I work a job where, while it's not too often because my workplace is quite strict on the matter, it occasionally happens where guys think it's alright to infringe (Obviously not nearly to the scale this show depicts) and I can tell you it can be a deeply uncomfortable experience. I see nothing heroic, funny or appropriate in instilling that sort of fear in someone.

I am completely with @SpacemanHardy on this.

• @SpacemanHardy said in Why is this anime so epic and so hated?:

The main character sexually harasses girls, steals their underwear from off their bodies, tries to molest them in his sleep, and makes them pee themselves.... And gets treated like a hero for doing so

The main reason no one watches past episode 3? Because everyone is disgusted by it.

But hey, if you're into that kinda stuff, more power to ya. :\

Besides that, on the Technical side, The Animation is extremely lackluster.

@darkmatterkakine said in Why is this anime so epic and so hated?:

Ever since watching this show I thought it was ironic and hypocritical of people not liking it and hating on the main character for being honest about being a perv, unlike most males who get scared of girls and don't do or say nothing.

Um seriously, the dude is no Basara Tojou, (Which is funny because both Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero, and Testament of Sister New Devil are by the same Author)

• I found it boring. I would have preferred to see his quest to kill the king, because there was one scene that implied he had to work to get as strong as he was at the start of the show. seeing that would have been more entertaining to me.

• i find this all very interesting.

i agree. not really into seeing women peeing themselves and i thought about not watching the rest but a question was put out at the end of episode 2 that got me wondering about motivation of the main character.

Note: i corrected my information about what episode in the main post.

• I don't hate it, but I just... didn't really care to watch it? I think I got like 3 in but got bored and just went on to something else.

And the MC being honest about himself being a perv isn't exactly a rare trait, you'll find it from Arata Kasuga in Trinity Seven or Issei Hyodo in DxD. I wouldn't exactly say that being a perv and being caught in those classic misunderstandings where girl A calls him a perv would make the MC be a perv. I don't find that a lot of the character in harems are actual pervs as they usually have just a "meh" relationship to all but like 2 main ones.

Or i've just not paid attention to all that i've watched. But i'm positive in most harems i've watched the male MC doesn't even realize his harem and typically doesn't do all those perv things (on purpose).