*Voting Closed* 2017 Anime Couples Tournament – Round 1 - Match 27

• Cast your vote for the couple that will qualify in the official tournament. The voting will remain open until 12:00 pm Mountain Time tomorrow.
    You must post your vote, as well as the current score after taking your vote into account. Please note clearly who you are voting for, either by making a comment or by highlighting your vote in the score tally. You may only vote once, and once you post you cannot change your vote. The first to 10 points or the highest score after 24 hours wins.
    Our competitors!
    Deku x Ochako
    My Hero Acadamia
    alt text
    Makoto x Kyoko
    Danganronpa
    alt text
    Deku x Ochako – 0
    Makoto x Kyoko - 0

• Deku x Ochako – 0
    Makoto x Kyoko - 1

• Deku x Ochako – 1
    Makoto x Kyoko - 1

• Deku x Ochako – 2
    Makoto x Kyoko - 1

• Deku x Ochako – 2
    Makoto x Kyoko - 2

As cute as I think Deku and Ochaco are, let me build up my case for my real fan favorite OTP.......Kyoko Kirigiri & Makoto Naegi.

Makoto is the Watson, to Kyoko's Sherlock Holmes.

Kyoko initially starts out as this cold, alienated calculating figure that completely distances herself from her comrades/enemies around her so that she wouldn't make the same mistake to have others hurt her like she herself was hurt in the past. But in part due to the cooperation in the various class trials, she finds trust and comraderie in Makoto Naegi, who unlike her, wears his heart on his sleeves. He doesn't want to repress the loss of his friends, he wants to deal with their memories and sacrifices and all that comes his way, even if he knows it'll hurt him.

And that naivety is absurd to Kyoko......yet, also.....rather endearing to her too.

alt text

There's a part in a series where in order to outsmart the mastermind, she must betray him in order to outsmart the mastermind and she is distraught. But Makoto Naegi, places his full trust in her, and takes whatever comes in order to protect her and their friends. And in due time, she shows regret, remorse, compassion, and signs of affection and possible attraction. She even gets to someday repay this favor too (see Danganronpa 3).

alt text

She believes in him, and he believes in her. And this is why.......they are one of my favorite couples in this tourney.

alt text

• Izuku x Ochaco – 3
    Makoto x Kyoko - 2

• Izuku x Ochaco – 4
    Makoto x Kyoko - 2

• Izuku x Ochaco – 5
    Makoto x Kyoko - 2