*Voting Closed* 2017 Anime Couples Tournament - Round 1 - Match 25

• Cast your vote for the couple that will qualify in the official tournament. The voting will remain open until 12:00 pm Mountain Time tomorrow.
    You must post your vote, as well as the current score after taking your vote into account. Please note clearly who you are voting for, either by making a comment or by highlighting your vote in the score tally. You may only vote once, and once you post you cannot change your vote. The first to 10 points or the highest score after 24 hours wins.
    Our competitors!
    Nagisa x Tomoya
    Clannad
    alt text
    Kyosuke x Madoka
    Kimagure Orange Road
    alt text
    Nagisa x Tomoya – 0
    Kyosuke x Madoka – 0

• Nagisa x Tomoya – 1
    Kyosuke x Madoka – 0

Nagisa and Tomoya are, in my opinion, my number one anime couple.
    alt text
    Clannad is a show that starts off with a very strong harem feel to it. Tomoya is just an ordinary guy, who has a bit of a sharp tongue to him and also a bit of a bad boy, who has a number of girls tripping over themselves to get his attention. Some are a bit more subtle then others, but we as viewers are totally aware of what is happening here.
    And who is the immediate, pretty clear frontrunner in the situation? Is it the brash, loud tsundere? Her timid but rather obvious twin? How about the resident school badass who is also student council president? How about the quiet genius?
    No, the immediate chemistry, from their very first scene, is felt most between Tomoya and the timid, quiet, unsure Nagisa.
    alt text
    They are both characters with a lot of faults and a lot of baggage. But Nagisa has a goal and Tomoya is determined to help her achieve it, and because of this they bond over the course of the entire first season. Tomoya is truly different with Nagisa, but not in a way that is unbelievable. His change around her isn't forced, but much more natural, like he's content. Happy.
    alt text
    And we see the FULL course of their relationship, which I adored. It seems like two real people, and while Clannad delivered the wonderful developments in the early stages of falling for someone, the true beauty of what they have is shown in the second season, After Story.
    They truly are just meant for each other, and everyone knows it. The other girls know it, Nagisa's parents know it, heck, the writers even acknowledge it.
    There is a pair of OVAs that explore the alternate routes Tomoya could have gone with two of the other girls, but one of the few things I LOVED about these episodes is that it acknowledges that this could only have happened if Tomoya had never met Nagisa.
    As long as she is there, she is all Tomoya sees.
    image url

• Nagisa x Tomoya – 2
    Kyosuke x Madoka – 0

• Nagisa x Tomoya – 3
    Kyosuke x Madoka – 0

• Nagisa x Tomoya – 4
    Kyosuke x Madoka – 0

0_1489689848478_30 Days Image 2.jpg

• Nagisa x Tomoya – 4
    Kyosuke x Madoka – 1

Giving the classics some love.

• Nagisa x Tomoya – 4
    Kyosuke x Madoka – 2

@SpacemanHardy Same here.

• Nagisa x Tomoya – 5
    Kyosuke x Madoka – 2

I seem to have misplaced my nostalgia goggles.