*Voting Closed* 2017 Anime Couples Tournament – Round 1 - Match 23

• Cast your vote for the couple that will qualify in the official tournament. The voting will remain open until 12:00 pm Mountain Time tomorrow.
    You must post your vote, as well as the current score after taking your vote into account. Please note clearly who you are voting for, either by making a comment or by highlighting your vote in the score tally. You may only vote once, and once you post you cannot change your vote. The first to 10 points or the highest score after 24 hours wins.
    Our competitors!
    Kyoko x Ren
    Skip Beat
    alt text
    Ranma x Akane
    Ranma 1/2
    alt text
    Kyoko x Ren – 0
    Ranma x Akane – 0

• Kyoko x Ren – 1
    Ranma x Akane – 0

• Kyoko x Ren – 1
    Ranma x Akane – 1

Ranma x Akane
    alt text
    Ranma and Akane are a couple that either seem to have people that are extremely for it or against it, there is no middle ground here. For those that have not seen Ranma 1/2, Ranma is a character that has a number of "fiances" but somehow, for me at least, there was never a second of doubt which one he was meant to wind up with. Akane was the one girl that he shared chemistry with, that he seemed to genuinely enjoy being around (Even though sometimes he gets sent flying) and overall took the most seriously as a potential partner.
    alt text
    I just wish that the anime had not taken Akane's violence to the level it did. A lot of the filler really plays up her short temper, and while in the manga I felt her she did get a lot better at controlling it and opening up with her feelings, the anime didn't explore that as much. But we did, in my opinion, get a more genuine feel for character in the OVAs and movies. It's too bad that the anime did end when it did, before it got to the arcs in the manga that really show the strength of their relationship.
    They're a couple that is, in my opinion, a bit of a classic.

• Kyoko x Ren – 1
    Ranma x Akane – 2

• Kyoko x Ren – 1
    Ranma x Akane – 3

• Kyoko x Ren – 2
    Ranma x Akane – 3

• Another one that hurts me.

Kyoko x Ren – 3
    Ranma x Akane – 3

• Kyoko x Ren – 4
    Ranma x Akane – 3

• Kyoko x Ren – 5