2017 Anime Couples Tournament – Round 1 - Match 13

• Cast your vote for the couple that will qualify in the official tournament. The voting will remain open until 12:00 pm Mountain Time tomorrow.
    You must post your vote, as well as the current score after taking your vote into account. Please note clearly who you are voting for, either by making a comment or by highlighting your vote in the score tally. You may only vote once, and once you post you cannot change your vote. The first to 10 points or the highest score after 24 hours wins.
    Our competitors!
    Hak x Yona
    Yona of the Dawn
    alt text
    Kenshin x Kaoru
    Rurouni Kenshin
    alt text
    Hak x Yona – 0
    Kenshin x Kaoru - 0

• Hak x Yona – 0
    Kenshin x Kaoru - 1

• Hak x Yona – 0
    Kenshin x Kaoru - 2

• Hak x Yona - 0
    Kenshin x Kaoru - 3

• Hak x Yona - 1
    Kenshin x Kaoru - 3

• Hak x Yona - 2
    Kenshin x Kaoru - 3

• Hak x Yona - 3
    Kenshin x Kaoru - 3

• This hurts me, that Yona and Hak are immediately facing off against Kenshin and Kaoru, another couple that I fully ship and I adore. But, I am sticking to my guns here!
    One of my top five couples in anime (And it's even better in the manga!)
    alt text
    We have here what starts out as a very typical set up for a love story. There are few more classic tales then a princess and her body guard. It's tried and true, easy to write and is basically always a hit. It could have easily remained that way, the Hak being the protector and Yona being his damsel in distress, but what I love about this couple is they really are on equal ground. Yona does not want to put Hak in danger, she hates that he is always getting hurt because of her, and due to this emotion, she forces herself to become stronger and more capable. And really, I think that is something that love does to people. You want to be better for the person you love.
    alt text
    Hak accepts that, while he doesn't want Yona endangering herself, he will also do what he needs to do to help her accomplish her goals and to help her become the person she wants to be. They support one another and even though there is certainly a hierarchy (The fact that Hak will never let Yona forget where she came from and who she really is, is incredibly important to the story and their dynamic) Yona does take his opinion seriously in to account.
    alt text
    And we really need a season 2, because there is so much more to them then what we see in the anime. It's beautiful and so sweet it will give you diabetes.

Hak x Yona - 4
    Kenshin x Kaoru - 3

• Hak x Yona - 5
    Kenshin x Kaoru - 3

• Hak x Yona - 6
    Kenshin x Kaoru - 3

• Hak x Yona-7
    Kenshin x Kaoru - 3

• Hak x Yona-7
    Kenshin x Kaoru - 4

• emdier keeps winning...

Hak x Yona-8