Toonami Cancel One Piece after Next Week WTF Thoughts! My Video

• Idk. Maybe due to less than stellar ratings.

• @Zethus I don't think that the reason...

• @gohan6425 I'm not a One Piece fan nor have I seen current episodes but I understand how the fanbase is reacting to this.

Plus Tokyo Ghoul is coming on Toonami.

• @Zethus Yeah and people are piss of it getting cancel...

• As I said, I don't like One Piece as much as everyone does because I barely got into it.

• I'd be upset...but we dont get Toonami up here, only Cartoon Network and Adult Swim...but for some reason, they wont pick up Toonami....so I never got to watch it on TV.

• here's a slightly better answer from Jason. this is from his ask me anything page

https://ask.fm/Clarknova/answers/140800323561

• @Getchman I stated this in the video I made since he said the almost same answer on Twitter... And I disagree with it but I get into why in my video...

• @gohan6425 said in Toonami Cancel One Piece after Next Week WTF Thoughts! My Video:

t into why in m

I also don't watch One Piece, or read the manga, however I can also understand. It sucks when you get into a series and suddenly its not as populate as YOU think it aught to be.

Now, if they'd just learn that Sekirei was popular, and deserves 3 more seasons, I'd be really happy.

Okay, 1 season and one movie to wrap it up... ;)

• I'm a big fan of one piece...I'm caught up on it but I would still watch the show on toonami.
    I think it's just hard for some people to get into a show that has so many episodes.
    people these days have shorter attention spans.
    maybe that's why long running anime are dying out.

• @gohan6425

not going to listen/watch, but good to know

• @jameslegato said in Toonami Cancel One Piece after Next Week WTF Thoughts! My Video:

I'm a big fan of one piece...I'm caught up on it but I would still watch the show on toonami.
    I think it's just hard for some people to get into a show that has so many episodes.
    people these days have shorter attention spans.
    maybe that's why long running anime are dying out.

Well... its just really hard to get into those long running shows. Especially if there is an overarching story. Its like just starting Naruto half way through. At least if it was Shippuden you'll be at (lemme find episode 250 rq) the point after the start of the fourth shinobi war, or at least where I consider it starts (I would say its when the 5 kage summit occurs). You would miss pretty much the entirety of the Akatsuki and major character development of Naruto himself. You lose so much attachment to these characters. It probably would be a bit advantageous to actually binge watch a bit when it comes to Naruto but catching up can be taxing. Do one episode a day and that's a year and a half gone. Watch for 8 hours a day and that's still (roughly) 21 days. More if you're going to include the original series.

I don't know about One Piece about whether or not it has a larger story going on like Naruto, but you get how it can take so long? If the episode count wasn't so massive that'd be one thing, I probably wouldn't be catching up to Naruto if I hadn't already like four years ago and even then I skipped fillers (and still do), really hoping Boruto won't have so much...

Its just a whole lot easier getting into something with like... 100 episodes than 500. You're not spending a whole month of non-stop watching. Take Index & Railgun you have a lot less characters and only really focus on like 6 unlike Naruto's large amount. Hell I gave a friend of mine something to watch until persona 5 (which is Naruto) like a month ago and he's only at like episode 150. I watched that YEARS ago (it makes it kinda hard to pipe down on spoilers but also explain things that I mostly remember).

Its not that people have "shorter attention spans" its just that they get so long they're a massive time commitment (to catch up anyway). The only people who really watch them are the ones who like them enough to keep watching. And it really doesn't help that there is no apparent end in site, which I'm really glad that Naruto's story is ending on a light note, something Naruto's life hasn't had many of. But last i'm aware, One Piece's manga hasn't ended yet (meaning it will still keep going).

• @darthrutsula40
    yeah I kinda meant everything you said.
    One Piece has a larger story to it.
    One Piece is as popular as it is cause the story is that good.
    I agree with you when it takes time to catch up I started One piece back when the new episodes were in the Thriller bark arc ,it took me a couple months of watching to catch up.

I think shorter season anime will do better on toonami like 12-25 episodes instead of anime that has new episodes almost every week.