A Certain Magical Index season 3 is HAPPENING!

• No this isn't clickbait or false rumors like 100% of the stuff you find on the internet. One of the Producers yesterday said a season 3 was coming soon, and just today the studio has confirmed they're in development of a season 3 soon. I'm so glad! and I hope once the anime is made and released in Japan, that Funimation gets the licence for it and releases it over here.

• @darkmatterkakine please provide a link or something as backup for this. Don't want to get high hopes

• If I was good at copying links and sending them I would, but I'm seriously not trolling. It has been actually said by the studio, you could probably find it at Dengeki site. I'm part of a huge Facebook group that like To Aru and they're really reliable on the latest info on the series and they shoot down click bait in a heart beat and due their research, its unreal but it seems Index III is really happening! just a little more time.

• At first I was EXTREMELY hesitant to believe it, I've seen so much nonsense, click bait, and misinformation on a season 3, but this time it seems really legit. Unlike most anime fans(mostly noobs) I'm aware that not every anime based on manga/light novel/visual novel are NOT going to be fully adapted. The usually hint of its cancellation is it only being 12 episodes and only 1-2 season only. Obviously not every anime is going to have 100's of episodes and 10's of seasons long.

• i'm not convinced. not the first time someone related to the Index franchise said something like this. I'd like a new season, but i honestyly feel its nonsense

• @darkmatterkakine said in A Certain Magical Index season 3 is HAPPENING!:

At first I was EXTREMELY hesitant to believe it, I've seen so much nonsense, click bait, and misinformation on a season 3, but this time it seems really legit. Unlike most anime fans(mostly noobs) I'm aware that not every anime based on manga/light novel/visual novel are NOT going to be fully adapted. The usually hint of its cancellation is it only being 12 episodes and only 1-2 season only. Obviously not every anime is going to have 100's of episodes and 10's of seasons long.

I've started to think that they should be required to license the entirety, and have to complete the series. Unless you know, its gonna BE 300-500 episodes long.

• @thomask said in A Certain Magical Index season 3 is HAPPENING!:

I've started to think that they should be required to license the entirety, and have to complete the series. Unless you know, its gonna BE 300-500 episodes long.

That's not how shows are funded, and that's unlikely to change without a major upheaval in the production committee system. Often television anime projects are used to promote the original content, video games, music or merchandise, and the creation of a successful animated project that tells a complete story isn't the end goal.

• @darkmatterkakine said in A Certain Magical Index season 3 is HAPPENING!:

No this isn't clickbait or false rumors like 100% of the stuff you find on the internet. One of the Producers yesterday said a season 3 was coming soon, and just today the studio has confirmed they're in development of a season 3 soon. I'm so glad! and I hope once the anime is made and released in Japan, that Funimation gets the licence for it and releases it over here.

I wouldn't get too excited yet, since even the producer himself says this was extremely unofficial. What we got was a "please wait a little longer for season 3!" That could mean that they want to do it but are having problems in other areas (funding for example). I'll get excited when I hear a "We've started".

• I did say it was happening

• 2018 looks to be an amazing year for anime. 0_0
    Dragonball Super, Fairy Tail, Cardcaptor Sakura, AND Index!