Highschool DxD update

• So apparently they've been talking about season 4 for highschool dxd since late 2016, there was even a confirmed release date in March of this year, but the big question now is whether the makers will be sending the new season over here to FUNimation's site... honestly with all the bugs they still need to fix on their site it wouldn't shock me if they were biding their time to gauge whether it's a money sink or a profitable idea but regardless if anyone at FUNimation has any up-to-date info they can technically share with us regarding HSDxD's newest release it'd put the fan's minds at ease, til then though I can and will be anxiously awaiting the debut on this site with sheer excitement ^_^ i'm a huge fan of most of the shows I see here, just wish I could watch them without "my stream is missing" or "sorry this page doesn't exist" showing up by simply clicking on the video's link.

Anyway all that said yeah be sure to keep us posted as efficiently as possible please FUNimation God only knows how many people are still huge fans of the red dragon emporer ^_^ i know of several in my hometown as is.

• @nekonekootakusama said in Highschool DxD update:

So apparently they've been talking about season 4 for highschool dxd since late 2016, there was even a confirmed release date in March of this year, ...

I'm curious where you saw this "confirmed" release date for March of this year.

The first part that makes this dubious is the month, as spring anime normally premiere in April. For example, of 58 titles on the slate for this spring, only 2 premiere by the end of March, and one of those is a once-per-month net anime.

I can't find any report on a credible site the even confirms a fourth series as having been green-lit. (In contrast, I can find a number on sites that aren't credible).

• @TheAncientOne http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-10-22/high-school-dxd-gets-new-tv-anime-series/.107975

This is the only source I am aware of. And Ishibumi only has one other work that I know of, which oddly also takes place in the DxDverse but isn't a harem (I think) like DxD, known as Slash-Dog. It is actually his first series but given the success of DxD and all he actually went on hiatus from Slash-Dog for a while until he rebooted it like a year or two ago. I think he's a longinus user and works closely with Azazel.

Given how close it was to the winter season at that point I knew it wouldn't come out around then but now with how close spring is without any other news, its doubtless that it won't be spring either. I hold hope for summer but that wouldn't really work with how quiet its been.

But I did notice that for all three it took them less than a year to go from announcement to airing.

• I don't where people get this CONFIRMED info from, because last I checked the Japanese studio Still Hasn't Said anthing about a season 4 aside from the light novel Arthur saying on Twitter a "series" is in development. There's too many what if's and the possibilities of mistranslated and people taking something and running with it like its FACT when its NOT. I remember people swearing it was coming out December 2015 which was an obvious lie, then saying Summer 2016 which was BS too, it would'nt be surprising if this is click bait as well.

• @darkmatterkakine

here you go.

http://fast.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-10-22/high-school-dxd-gets-new-tv-anime-series/.107975

this is a real, official announcement, from an official event that took place in Japan.

• @darkmatterkakine said in Highschool DxD update:

I remember people swearing it was coming out December 2015 which was an obvious lie, then saying Summer 2015 which was BS too, it would'nt be surprising if this is click bait as well.

It... came out earlier than the two time-frames you said here (Spring '15). If we're talking BorN here anyway. If you are saying a fourth season then yea. But in my post before your's (and posted again a little after) have the same link where it is expressly said that it is "in development".

but the big question now is whether the makers will be sending the new season over here to FUNimation's site... honestly with all the bugs they still need to fix on their site it wouldn't shock me if they were biding their time to gauge whether it's a money sink or a profitable idea

lol what?!?! This may be the most ridiculous statement I have read on the Funi forums and that is really saying something.

• Whether this rumor is true or not lets hope the anime makers follow the novels. Season 3 was so bad and off course that the author of the series made a whole side story to erase it from the timeline.

• @mordenaj said in Highschool DxD update:

Whether this rumor is true or not lets hope the anime makers follow the novels. Season 3 was so bad and off course that the author of the series made a whole side story to erase it from the timeline.

I remember reading that he didn't like how book 5 went so he totally went off track from it... Season 3, aside from the middle episodes with Diodora and maybe the first 2 episodes were by the books. Totally didn't like the whole ordeal with Loki, as it missed some major development for Akeno, and that ending sucked moreso because I hate the reason why Issei and Rias have relationship issues.

I'm not sure how I'd feel about season 4 because it would include book 10 and I REALLY didn't like it, I figured I'd probably like the anime version more, because they could totally make 2 or 3 episodes just for the rating game. I'm afraid that they would need to either adapt 4 of the books for the anime or adapt 2 and some of the short stories, because 12 and 13 run right into each other (by the author's own admission) and if they were made into 12 episodes for 4 book something is getting left out. I like the tempo of 2 or 3 book adaptations, everything largely gets included and you don't have leaps in events.

• ok... i'm man enough to accept my own faults so i might have been victim of being naive and believing in a false confirmation but i DID check other sites to confirm the likelihood that it was a safe assumption and it was. one site i went to said March 2017 the others all said Spring 2017 so all the aggressive wording isn't warranted. that said (and unless i missed someone linking something already) is there any ACTUAL updates on the release for season 4? because so far all i keep seeing is remarks about doubting my post and the like.

is there any ACTUAL updates

Nope.

• It will exist in the future. That's about as much as we can currently go off of rght now.

• @MRy27 said in Highschool DxD update:

@nekonekootakusama said in Highschool DxD update:

but the big question now is whether the makers will be sending the new season over here to FUNimation's site... honestly with all the bugs they still need to fix on their site it wouldn't shock me if they were biding their time to gauge whether it's a money sink or a profitable idea

lol what?!?! This may be the most ridiculous statement I have read on the Funi forums and that is really saying something.

how exactly is it ridiculous? there are plenty of people who are still having issues with FUNimation's site performance so what about my quote seems that way? most conglomerates would assume spending money on contributing to any affiliate to be profitable IF it were only successful and some would take the chance, but it's not so unreasonable to assume that if one of said affiliates have been having issues providing a stable service, even if the issues are happening to some and not all of the consumers receiving said service(s), that the amount of money spent on making the product would make it seem an unwise venture to rush right into being shared with FUNimation as a means of marketing exploit of any sort.

• @Nobu oh well, thank you for letting me know at least.

• @classyspartan i appreciate it all the same, let's hope we see something sooner than later though huh? ^_^

• Apparently TNK isn't even going to be in charge of production of it anymore, passione is taking over production so it likely they'll completely screw it up.

• @lcdude

as long as the key staff is coming back to work on it, then the studio doesn't matter

• While I'm keeping my hopes up for the upcoming fourth season, I'm also sure we'll find out if TNK or Passione (as announced by an in-between animator) is animating this series when more updates are available.

• lol im still a fanboy

• @darkmatterkakine it was announced at a Japanese festival

• @Getchman we can only hope the key of staff from tnk works on it passione doesnt have very impressive work