Fruits Basket

• I love Fruits basket, but did you know that in the Manga Vs. Anime Toru ends up with Kyo and not Yuki…..And also Hatori is supposedly the dragon of the zodiac even though he was a sea HORSE?? And lastly the fact that Akito had the curse, he didn't actually have a zodiac sight, he was just the bearer of the curse. If you have any other weird facts or such please post...i will be trying to post weird facts as well!!

• Might want to include a spoiler warning at the top of your post, or in the title before you give away too much about the ending. Some people may not have read the manga, or may not have seen the ending, and have not read the manga.

No harm, no foul though. ; )

• I really liked Fruits Basket, I even cosplayed as Tohru, I didn't like the fact that the anime ended the way it. I really need to reread the manga one day.

• I have not read the manga, but I did enjoy watching the series. It was a nice refrain from the blood and gore stuff I usually watch! I don't believe that anyone could be that tolerant or accepting in the real world however! Of course, in the real world people do not turn into zodiac form when they hug someone of the opposite sex! At least I hope not anyway!

• Manga SPOILER!
    I read the manga before watching the anime so it is always interesting for me to hear the perspective of the anime watcher. In the manga they make it very clear Hatori is the year of the dragon and the sea horse thing is a huge joke. They say 'it couldnt be any funnier if he turned into a real dragon'. And of course, in the manga there actually IS a horse character, Isuzu or Rin. I remember watching the anime and being very confused about Akito's role. In the manga SPOILER akito is god, as in 'once upon a time, God told all the animals…' and is just as much bound by the curse as the rest. The show stayed pretty faithful to the books until those last few episodes, right after Kyo transforms into his true form. The real problem though is that happens in book 7 or so. There are 23 books. If you think the show is good, its nothing compared to the books. I was very disappointed in how they ended the show. I'm assuming it's because at the time, the manga wasnt done yet and the show makers wanted to wrap it up. Of course, there are a few examples of a show being redone or continued after the manga is finished. Hint hint. I mean its not like this studio has done that. (Innocently) oh wait isnt the very popular fma brotherhood a remake based on the manga? HINT HINT! Ok seriously this show needs to be redone based on the manga! For crying out loud, the horse! The horse is not in the anime! Really!? Someone back me up here!

• @evanescentsoul:

Manga SPOILER!
    I read the manga before watching the anime so it is always interesting for me to hear the perspective of the anime watcher. In the manga they make it very clear Hatori is the year of the dragon and the sea horse thing is a huge joke. They say 'it couldnt be any funnier if he turned into a real dragon'. And of course, in the manga there actually IS a horse character, Isuzu or Rin. I remember watching the anime and being very confused about Akito's role. In the manga SPOILER akito is god, as in 'once upon a time, God told all the animals…' and is just as much bound by the curse as the rest. The show stayed pretty faithful to the books until those last few episodes, right after Kyo transforms into his true form. The real problem though is that happens in book 7 or so. There are 23 books. If you think the show is good, its nothing compared to the books. I was very disappointed in how they ended the show. I'm assuming it's because at the time, the manga wasnt done yet and the show makers wanted to wrap it up. Of course, there are a few examples of a show being redone or continued after the manga is finished. Hint hint. I mean its not like this studio has done that. (Innocently) oh wait isnt the very popular fma brotherhood a remake based on the manga? HINT HINT! Ok seriously this show needs to be redone based on the manga! For crying out loud, the horse! The horse is not in the anime! Really!? Someone back me up here!

Don't forget about Kureno too who is the rooster who wasn't shown in the anime only in the manga book.And it would be strange in a funnier way if Hatori did change into a dragon but not too big he would cause trouble in town which I know he won't do it.

• I loved this series and wished they would have continued it since the fan base was HUGE and they even made all those paper cranes for it!! There was so much left hanging in the show that the manga beautifully tied up. I still havent given up hope though…maybe one day.

• ahh had to scroll past the spoilers luckily i missed them. I watched the anime and have read through volume 16 of the manga. Can't wait to finish the series ^^

• Where can i get the books from?

• Any major retailer. Libraries are good sources too. I got most of the series from Books A Million.