Funimation & Roku

• Anyone having similar problem using Funimation on Roku 3 where while watching, randomly the screen goes green, pixelated, etc. I have to do a quick fast forward or some and force reload for it to go back to normal. Seems to be some form of buffering issue.

It doesn't seem to be any issue with the Roku, as Crunchyroll and Hulu works w/o any issues.

I've tried to power off, disconnect power, and boot up the Roku already.

I've noticed watching a few shows, not limited to one show. Currently watching Fairy Tale Season 1 and it presenting that issue.

• @smilepak Netflix works perfect for me. I have similar problems with the Funimation app. All you can do is submit a ticket to customer support so that they are aware. Posting on the forums doesn't accomplish much. And don't expect a quick reply from Funimation; they're backlogged with complaints. They will eventually respond though.

• Having the exact same problem with Fairy Tail on my Roku. English dub pixelates and goes green and pink and weird with the sound all weird. Sub works just fine. Sent a ticket and of course no response, Probably not going to stick around past the trial.

• It's been going on for 3 months. Almost every single episode has this problem. I just get the standard "we're working on it" response when I contact support.

• Yep, same problem. Had been getting long loading/buffering times to at random places in videos. That seems to have gotten better though.

• its an issue thats been going on since the end of November last year and only got worse when the app was updated to the funimation now app. funimation has only said that they know of the problem and are working on fixing it. they have no time table as to when it will be fixed.

• @smilepak said in Funimation & Roku:

Anyone having similar problem using Funimation on Roku 3 where while watching, randomly the screen goes green, pixelated, etc. I have to do a quick fast forward or some and force reload for it to go back to normal. Seems to be some form of buffering issue.

It doesn't seem to be any issue with the Roku, as Crunchyroll and Hulu works w/o any issues.

I've tried to power off, disconnect power, and boot up the Roku already.

I've noticed watching a few shows, not limited to one show. Currently watching Fairy Tale Season 1 and it presenting that issue.

Yes. As with you, no other service on my Roku 3 has been affected. As with you I tried power cycling the Roku, and even leaving it off overnight to verify the problem still occurred after the unit had cooled off.

I switched over to using the Windows 10 app until I had problems with it serving up the simulcast version of episodes even when "uncut" was selected, at which point I switched over to viewing on the website. Hopefully by the time something goes wrong with that either the problem with the Roku or Windows 10 app will have been resolved.

• Thanks all

• on the roku app the video audio is bad

• It would seem the behavior is different with each Roku. The whole green screen and pixel issue only occurs on Roku 3. With the Roku Express, it would randomly do two things

1. Buffer loading

2. Restart the Roku device. I suspect this is due to #1. After a few buffer loading occurrences it restart.

• @rhcsavage21 I never had any issues until they rolled out the New app last year. Now my roku freezes constantly when trying to watch something via Funimation and I have to constantly do a hard roku reboot.

If they know the new app is so buggy they should bring the old one back.

• @AgentJean said in Funimation & Roku:

@rhcsavage21 I never had any issues until they rolled out the New app last year. Now my roku freezes constantly when trying to watch something via Funimation and I have to constantly do a hard roku reboot.

If they know the new app is so buggy they should bring the old one back.

Oh god no. The old one was even worst. I keep getting random reboot non-stop with the one with certain anime. It was only specific anime and very easy to reproduce over and over.

I have yet, knock on wood, have any issue with Crunchyroll. Why can't they at least partner with them on the app too.

On a diff note, their support stink. 3 tickets, yet non replied.

• @AgentJean my problems started right after a roku firmware updated in November, but it was not nearly as bad as it is now on the new app, that was on a roku 3 and roku stick. i have also since added a roku premier+ and am having the same issues as the other 2. (pixalating, screen changing colors, the app completely locking up the roku, queue not syncing, and being unable to add items to my queue.) the last response i got from them was on wednesday, but its just them telling me they are still working on it:

Thank you for contacting Funimation Support. We apologize for the issues you’re experiencing accessing our Roku App.

We are aware of this issue, and we're working with our Development Team to get this fixed as quickly as possible.

We appreciate your patience as we work to get this resolved and apologize again for any inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

• @rhcsavage21 I know they released a new patch for the Roku yesterday, but I personally have not seen much change, though I mainly checked to see if the audio was garbled still.

Have you or anyone else noticed a difference, like the pixulation and green screen still?

• @valyn76 said in Funimation & Roku:

@rhcsavage21 I know they released a new patch for the Roku yesterday, but I personally have not seen much change, though I mainly checked to see if the audio was garbled still.

Have you or anyone else noticed a difference, like the pixulation and green screen still?

The queue is still messed up but i have watched 5 episodes of barakamon with out a single issue. i can finally start watching dubbed anime again!!

• @rhcsavage21

The Queue will be broke till they fix the site's list. It is something with their coding that they have yet to get around to fixing.

I send a ticket about it once a week, and remind them with every correspondence with them. So they know it is broke, just don't know how it where it is messed up to fix it apperantly.

• @valyn76 i figured as much. i'll just stick to my method like i did with the old app. pen and paper... although it seems like a clear disconnect on the roku app when in comparison the android app seems to sink fine for the most part.

• @valyn76 yes

• @valyn76 said in Funimation & Roku:

@rhcsavage21

The Queue will be broke till they fix the site's list. It is something with their coding that they have yet to get around to fixing.

I send a ticket about it once a week, and remind them with every correspondence with them. So they know it is broke, just don't know how it where it is messed up to fix it apparently.

HA, so this is why you see weeks of differences between whats coming up on the schedule and chapters that where released long ago on the 'new release' list?

I just saw "Snow White with the Red Hair" come up for chapter 14... and its been released for a long time. Both in english and japanese subs.

I really do miss the 'old' way of seeing what was scheduled for the week.. nice, compact summary...

• Yup, same issue. In addition to this the stream constantly craps outs. I've forced it down to 720 even and it constantly wants to buffer or hang. Netflix has no issues at full HD. Everything works fine through the website. This app, even though they redid it, is still complete and utter garbage.

• Man funimation support stink. I opened two tickets. One took them 3 weeks to reply to just to ask for the information i already contain in the original request, like what device, what issue are you having, etc. second ticket replied 4 weeks later to tell me no ETA.

All my Roku devices have exhibit different behavior. Roku 3 has the dumb green screen. Roku express random reboot.

Make me want to just cancel the damn service and watch it through HULU or some other service.