Spring 2017 Anime U.S. Licenses/Streaming Rights

• We're a month away from the true beginning of the Spring season everyone, and it's been a while since we've actually managed to do one of these in REAL TIME again! Forums are back, I'm still keeping track, and the show must go on!

So yeah, feel free to give your thoughts, predictions of what you wanna see, who you think is gonna get what, etc. This main post here is gonna be the master thread full of any and all changes, updates, and announcements. Feel free to contribute and bring to my attention any and all announcements you think I may have missed when they happen.

For those curious about what shows will be airing in the spring, check these resources here:

https://www.livechart.me/spring-2017/tv
    http://anichart.net/spring

Amazon / Anime Strike
    Rage of Bahmaut: Virgin Soul
    Re:Creators
    Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend Flat

Aniplex USA
    Eromanga Sensei
    Granblue Fantasy: The Animation

Crunchyroll
    100% Teacher Pascal
    Akashic Records of Bastard Magical Instructor
    Alice & Zoruko
    Berserk (2017) Season 2
    BONO BONO Season 2
    Clockwork Planet
    Future Card Buddyfight X
    Hinako Note
    KADO: The Right Answer
    Kenka Bancho Otome -Girl Beats Boys-
    Love Rice
    Love Tyrant
    Makeruna!! Aku no Gundan!
    Monster Strike Season 2
    Natsume Yujin-cho Season 6
    Ninja Girl & Samurai Master Season 2
    PriPri Chi-Chan!!
    Room Mate
    Sakura Quest
    Seven Mortal Sins
    Starmyu Season 2
    The Eccentric Family 2
    The Laughing Salesman
    The Royal Tutor
    The Silver Guardian
    The World Yamizukan
    Tsugumomo
    Tsukigakirei
    Twin Angels BREAK
    WorldEnd: What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us?
    World Fool News Part II

Daisuki / Nozomi Entertainment
    The IDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Theater

Funimation
    Akashic Records of Bastard Magical Instructor (DUB)
    Alice & Zoruko (DUB)
    Attack on Titan Season 2
    Clockwork Planet (DUB)
    KADO: The Right Answer (DUB)
    Kenka Bacho Otome -Girls Beats Boys- (DUB)
    Love Tyrant (DUB)
    My Hero Academia Season 2
    Sakura Quest (DUB)
    Seven Mortal Sins (DUB)
    The Royal Tutor (DUB)
    The Silver Guardian (DUB)
    Tsugumomo (DUB)
    Tsukigakirei (DUB)
    WorldEnd: What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us? (DUB)

Netflix
    ID-0

Pony Canyon

Sentai Filmworks
    Anonymous Noise
    Armed Girl’s Machivellism
    Atom: The Beginning
    Frame Arms Girl
    Grimoire of Zero
    Kabukibu!
    RIN-NE Season 3
    Sagrada Reset
    Sword Oratoria: Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side

Viz Media
    Boruto: Naruto Next Generations

"*" = Not officially confirmed

• It should be noted that even though it hasn't gotten an official date yet, Anichart is still showing Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond as debuting in the Spring lineup. So I'd assume that would be another one of Funi's pickups.

• @SpacemanHardy said in Spring 2017 Anime U.S. Licenses/Streaming Rights:

It should be noted that even though it hasn't gotten an official date yet, Anichart is still showing Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond as debuting in the Spring lineup. So I'd assume that would be another one of Funi's pickups.

I agree, but there's a lack of official confirmation of BBB S2 coming out in April. All that's really has been announced is that it's coming out in 2017, and the lack of any real promotional video or confirmation article this late in the game seems odd.

If they do announce it for April / Spring I will of course update the list.

• Saekano 2 will be on Amazon/Strike since it's a noitaminA show.

• So what are the chances of Crunchyroll streaming Attack on Titan Season 2? I'm assuming it's a possibility since they streamed season 1 even before the Funimation partnership? That's really the main thing I care about.

• @classyspartan Well does this mean Toonami getting a Attack on Titan Season 2 English Dub soon????

• @gohan6425 Not soon, but eventually; if memory serves me right, the dub began broadcasting a few days before the first half was released on Blu-Ray and DVD. I expect the second season will be dubbed and broadcast on a similar timeframe.

• @gohan6425 Certainly a possibility, but as of this time no news has come out on this yet.

AND SPEAKING OF NEWS......

https://www.funimation.com/blog/2017/03/01/my-hero-academia-season-2-simuldub-stream/#more-18042

I timed this thread quite well. I figured My Hero Academia would be coming this Spring, but in a SURPRISING TURN OF EVENTS, for at least the first six episodes, all premiere episodes of My Hero Academia will launch, both the sub and the dub version on the exact same day.

Basically think of what happened with Akiba's Trip this season, or Space Dandy years prior. So yeah, safe to say I am quite excited about this development and really curious to see how things go

• @classyspartan Wait what My Hero Academia??? I hope for Attack On Tians the be able to show at the same time the Japan like Crap Space Danny it would be the right choice to do it for...

• @classyspartan HOLY CRAP!! I thought the "same-day dub" process wouldn't kick into high gear for at least another year or two.

You know, when I first read the blog post I thought all of the first six episodes would show up on the same day, like what happened with ReLife.

• No guarantees after ep 6. good decision. Production schedule will no doubt be slipping by then

@gohan6425

that depends on how far ahead of schedule Studio Wit is. if they can complete episodes on time then maybe the dub can be just as fast as My Hero.

• Will be interesting to see whether My Hero Academia will remain a FUNi exclusive. I'm dreading the thought of having to resubscribe to FUNi and having to use the broken website and apps.

• @Rejectedshadow You could resubscribe via VRV.

• @classyspartan I probably would've done that had I not already resubscribed yearly to CR last month. Looks like I might have to bite the bullet on this one and resubscribe to FUNi separately.

• @Rejectedshadow Granted you could just connect your Crunchyroll account at this point now and buy the whole premium package. It's a thought but I understand. Part of the reason why I haven't just gone all into the VRV package is my Funi renewed this month.

• @gohan6425 said in Spring 2017 Anime U.S. Licenses/Streaming Rights:

@classyspartan Wait what My Hero Academia??? I hope for Attack On Tians the be able to show at the same time the Japan like Crap Space Danny it would be the right choice to do it for...

Personally, I'd rather they dub Attack on Titan S2, Old School. While Simuldubs are all well and good, their quality has been all over the place, with only 1 or 2 shows each season I'd rank as a solid B rating or better, and it usually depends on the cast size.

• @Series5Ranger AOT will be on Toonami not Funimation Now that much I know for sure...

• @gohan6425 said in Spring 2017 Anime U.S. Licenses/Streaming Rights:

@Series5Ranger AOT will be on Toonami not Funimation Now that much I know for sure...

Be careful with the wording you got there. The SUB for Attack on Titan Season 2 will be on Funimation NOW. As for the dub, it is certainly possible that it may air on Toonami first, but as of right now this is PURE SPECULATION!!!

Believe me, when I get word about the dub for Season 2 getting announced for Toonami I will be on that hot piece of news.

• @classyspartan Well Season 1 Air on Toonami and I 99.9% SURE there getting Season 2... Just like with Sword Art Online that got 1 and then that 2 two years later...

• By the way here's the link Neregate for Spring 2017: (Classy has the Live and Anichart in the first post)

Nergate Spring 2017 Ver. 2 Chart

• @Series5Ranger

I really wanna see this series on funimation...

http://hajimete-no-gal.jp/

Just found the manga...

Saw the list up top... disappointed CR didn't get "it's ok to pick up girls in a dungeon" 3rd season.