Yuri on ice DVD Release

• When will the English dub DVD set be released?

• Since it usually takes around 12-18 months from simulcast to North American release, Sometime between Dec 2017 - Jun 2018

• Do you think it would only be released in North America as an English Dub? Sad that it's probably so far away from being available in States, but was hoping that when the Yuri on Ice Blu-Ray was available...that I would be able to get it in the original Japanese version with English subtitles.

I'm not a fan of Dubs (tho they can be humorous) and really like the original voice actors in this series.

• @samovar said in Yuri on ice DVD Release:

Do you think it would only be released in North America as an English Dub? Sad that it's probably so far away from being available in States, but was hoping that when the Yuri on Ice Blu-Ray was available...that I would be able to get it in the original Japanese version with English subtitles.

I'm not a fan of Dubs (tho they can be humorous) and really like the original voice actors in this series.

Funimation does release with dub and sub. The dub is generally the default, but it's easy enough to change. I am not aware of any show that was released with only the dub (I could be wrong, but I highly doubt it would happen).

• Speed Racer is the only show they have released with just the dub. Everything else has always been released dual audio

• I live in Australia and I wanted to know if there will be a region 4 (DVD) or region B (Bluray) box set / collection available for us to buy?

• @Konren said in Yuri on ice DVD Release:

I live in Australia and I wanted to know if there will be a region 4 (DVD) or region B (Bluray) box set / collection available for us to buy?

As far as I know (and chances are I would have seen it), there hasn't been an announcement for a Yuri on Ice release by Funimation yet. I wouldn't expect anything until late this year or early next year.

• @korrailli It could be soon actually. Drifters is releasing in October and aired in the same season. Im thinking years end, early next year.

• @Getchman said in Yuri on ice DVD Release:

Speed Racer is the only show they have released with just the dub. Everything else has always been released dual audio

and the Special Edition being released over the Holiday Season addresses that issue

• I am confused about the DVD's , When i google "Yuri on Ice DVD English Dub" this pops up on Techplay Asia but Amazon list the DVD as unavailable

So there is a complete version out in the world but not one released in the US with English dubs?
    alt text

• @daemonend said in Yuri on ice DVD Release:

I am confused about the DVD's , When i google "Yuri on Ice DVD English Dub" this pops up on Techplay Asia but Amazon list the DVD as unavailable

So there is a complete version out in the world but not one released in the US with English dubs?

Pre-orders are not available for the series yet. Keep checking the pre-order page around the 15th of each month. This month will reveal January 2018 releases, so we'll see if it'll be released then (in the next couple of days).

https://www.funimation.com/shop/pre-orders/

• ^^ counterfeit/bootleg

• This really does need to happen, it's been over a year now since it started airing. The Japanese blu-rays are extremely expensive and I actually do like the dub for Yuri!!! on Ice.

• @KaiShouji said in Yuri on ice DVD Release:

This really does need to happen, it's been over a year now since it started airing. The Japanese blu-rays are extremely expensive and I actually do like the dub for Yuri!!! on Ice.

I imagine it will be announced in the next month or two, the other shows that were airing during that season (Keijo!!, March Comes Like a Lion, Drifters) have been announced for releases. Keep in mind that a number of the other shows from that season also haven't been released yet (Kiss Him Not Me!, All Out!, Show By Rock!#) Haven't had release dates announced yet so it's not like Yuri on Ice is unusually late.

Heck, Berserk, Time Travel Girl and Morose Mononokean were just announced for a January release and they were from the season before Yuri on Ice. We just gotta be patient.

Even though it's hard. I need this show on my shelf.

• Walmart.com actually has this for a Feb. 6th release and it looks pretty official. At the moment, it's sold out.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Yuri-on-ICE-The-Complete-Series-Blu-ray-DVD/588672276

UPDATE: They removed the link. Yet it did look legit.

• Well someone at Walmart screwed up lol. Their loss my gain, I am so freaking excited for this release.

• This is so frustrating! Why are we the ones to suffer? They already have it dubbed, even though I'd love to own a subbed version so why is it taking so long?

• @YurioPHybridChild said in Yuri on ice DVD Release:

This is so frustrating! Why are we the ones to suffer? They already have it dubbed, even though I'd love to own a subbed version so why is it taking so long?

It's because they need to wait a certain length of time before they are allowed to do a dvd/bluray release, to help prevent reverse importation back in to Japan (Anime sells for WAY less here then it does in Japan). It's not Funimation's fault, just the rules they have to follow. We'll get it eventually and until then, it is streaming on the site.

• @YurioPHybridChild said in Yuri on ice DVD Release:

Why are we the ones to suffer?

I think maybe 3 shows that aired the same season as Yuri on Ice have home release dates. It's not like it's just Yuri on Ice being delayed for some reason, there's always ~12-24 months (Funimation is usually 12-15 but not always) between when a show airs and gets the English home release.