Will Funimation accounts be able to be linked to VRV like crunchyroll is now?

• With the recent update to vrv and crunchyroll you can link your accounts together. will funimation do the same soon?

• I am also curious about this.

• I too hope they plan on doing the same too in the future! Especially considering I've been very impressed with what I've seen from the app.

• They've stated on the VRV tumblr that they are working on account linking for other services. Keep in mind that CR and VRV are both under the same parent company, Ellation.

• I'm confused about how this works. How do we link the accounts?

• @isisprince said in Will Funimation accounts be able to be linked to VRV like crunchyroll is now?:

I'm confused about how this works. How do we link the accounts?

You can't yet for FUNimation. Once it's available, you'll need to go to VRV.co, create or login to an existing account, and go to the Link Accounts page. After linking the accounts, you'll have access to FUNi's content on both services, whether you have a paid premium membership through FUNimation, or a FUNi premium membership or the Combo Pack through VRV.

• Is this still going to happen? Or will it take years

• @visoredavenger There's been no updates, but Ellation has been working on a new infrastructure for CR, so that may be their current priority: https://medium.com/ellation-tech/stabilizing-improving-crunchyroll-service-c44c53789e86

• You aren't missing much. The Crunchyroll link allows you to watch premium content on VRV, but it does not sync your watch lists, nor does VRV carry the full selection.

• One day they may get it sorted out . Until then , don't pay to beta test a service . Video games are bad enough for pulling this crap . I'm letting my 4 year old premium subscription expire with them . Tired of the flaky web browser , lowering player bitrate , and VRV everywhere . Fix your website first , then push the VRV ! Oh well , I'm keeping Funi subscription , most of their titles are coming over here & dubbed . The Sentai/Amazon bs just speeded my decision up .

• @sirbiscuit
    sirbiscuit: "don't pay to beta test a service where you get premium access to a large chunk of site for one price. I'm leaving crunchyroll ;V"

vrv:"kbai"

• i will like to see vrv link funimation as i dont have the money to pay 2 services and i also like to be able to use and app. (the main reason i use vrv is becuese the app)

about cr i like the site but i do like to see it change and bit i still use the site from time to time but i dont find it the money wort to get beta access.

as you can guess i use the combo subscription plan from vrv to have premium on both site i found that pretty usefull but there are some things the vrv does't have and that cr does have. (mainly including optoin for wat subtitels)

as i don't have the money for 2 streaming servers i love to see it happen as soon as possible but i know it will take long as they are both diffrent companies.

in short i see the linking option happen but not that quick as it has been sometime that there actually was any word or news about it

but for me if the linking happens i will use this site and lot^^
    hoping and waits for the days that it happens

• I'm in the boat of I can't pay for 2 subscriptions. I had to cancel my funimation subscription because I cant afford 25+ a month for a service that I already have via VRV. So until they get the linking accounts down for funimation im just sticking to the VRV site.

• I used to want this because VRV did not let you watch some titles with subs but you could watch them with subs on funimation’s website. But it seems in the last month or two many of those titles have been fixed to have subs on VRV. So now I have no reason to use funimation’s website anymore and just use VRV’s combo pack ;-).

• VRV doesn't have Funimation's full catalog do they? I am more interested in watching older shows than simuldubs.

When I first saw VRV advertised on a Youtube channel, I thought it was just a bundle deal. Then I found out you have to watch the content from their service, and they don't necessarily have the full catalog from the participating media outlets. Plus the only participants I would pay for are Funimation and Crunchyroll.

Now I am seeing that VRV doesn't have a Fire TV app. That alone makes it a NO BUY for me.

I would be much more interested in some sort of "pick your bundle" deal including HIDIVE, Funimation NOW, Crunchyroll and Amazon Strike. As if Amazon would ever partner with any of the others.

Anyway looks like as of now
    Anime Strike $4.99/month (plus Prime Membership)
    Crunchroll $6.95/month ($59.95 for year)
    Funi Now $5.99/month ($59.99 for year)
    HIDIVE $3.99/month (limited time?)

combine them and you have
    $21.92/month or $220.70/year

Give me a bundle with all of those for $19/month or $190/year

Or even give me a bundle of Crunchyroll and Funimation Now (not going through VRV) for $10/month $100/year

• @HOOfan1 said in Will Funimation accounts be able to be linked to VRV like crunchyroll is now?:

VRV doesn't have Funimation's full catalog do they? I am more interested in watching older shows than simuldubs.

From my experience using VRV, they have majority of Funimation's catalog with the most glaring omissions being the, pre-Super, Dragon Ball series and One Piece. That and they're incredibly vague of which version of the dub you get, the simuldub or the uncut version.