Actors you want to see in One Piece

• I'll admit: I'm not that into One Piece. I've seen the first three episodes (as my MAL profile can attest), and they were nothing more than okay. That being said, I do have one guilty pleasure draw to the show - the number of voice actors that go into the franchise. I just love seeing how many actors Funimation can put into the series, whether it be the show itself or any of the movies and specials.

So just for fun, and with the timeskip coming soon, I wanted to create a special thread for all Funimation actors that have NOT been involved with the franchise, and the actors YOU want to see most in it. You can check ANN to see which ones are in the series or not.

I personally got a few I thought would work. Admittedly some might have retired at this point in time, but you can always let me know. In the meantime, feel free to suggest any actors you want. Let's make One Piece the dub with the most actors ever!

Here's my list (ones with asterisks are my personal front runners):

Amy Rosenthal
    Ashly Burch*
    Bill Townsley
    Brad Smeaton
    Brice Armstrong*
    Brittany Lauda*
    Chloe Daniels*
    Curtis Shaw
    Dameon Clarke*
    Dan Forsythe
    Daniel Fredrick*
    Dennis Maher
    Elisa Castillo
    Elise Baughman*
    Jakie Cabe
    Jessica Calvello*
    Johnny Yong Bosch*
    Kaiji Tang*
    Kelly Manison
    Larissa Wolcott
    Mandy Lane
    Marla Acevedo
    Michael Serrecchia
    Morgan McCelvey
    Patrick McAllister
    Scott Sager*
    Shane Ray
    Spike Spencer*
    Susan Huber*
    TK Masala

• Let's put it like this. The possibility they've already BEEN in One Piece is more than likely, but not as anything other than a minor character.

• All the 4Kids voice actor cast from the 4Kids English Dub with a Funimation Non Edit English Dub that would be the best English Dub we would ever have...

• @classyspartan I used ANN as a source; none of them were listed, not even in Additional Voices. I also checked things like the movies and specials, which is why you don't see names like Scott McNeil or Cristina Vee on my list, since they were respectively in each.

@gohan6425 I would LOVE for them to come back to play the Imposter Straw Hats, but most of them (such as Marc Diraison, the only good actor in that dub) are currently union actors. Unfortunately I assume they are just going to do what they did in Japanese and just swap the regular voice actors among themselves (Sanji's voice actor, for example, played the fake Luffy in Japanese).

Also, why is this in the YuYu Hakusho section? I'm pretty sure I put it as a thread under Anime and Manga. It must be an error considering I did this from my phone, so could someone please move it to a more appropriate section?

• @Gemnist Lol disagree 100% The 4Kids Cast was 110% better then the current Funi cast and that fact dude... Erica Schroeder is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better then the currently Luffy voice actor! And I think Nico Robin was done better too as Veronica Taylor yes Veronica Taylor for 4Kids did Nico Robin! And it was one of the most underraibe pro-former ever in anime b/c the dub suck! No one looks at ANYONE pro-former in the 4Kids dub b/c the dub suck b/c of the edits... Veronica Taylor in terms of voice actoring was her BEST role as Nico Robin! Yes Ash from Pokemon was the one everyone and still my favorite and everyone will remember her as but Nico Robin was the best role she ever play as...

• @gohan6425 said in Actors you want to see in One Piece:

The 4Kids Cast was 110% better then the current Funi cast and that fact dude

No it isn't. That's your opinion, not a fact. Learn to be able to tell the difference between the two and stop yelling at people you disagree with.

• @SpacemanHardy Oh yeah when Funi 1st got the right to One Peice that stated "We need to being in the A Team voice actor" But all that really did was get all the main guys from Dragonball Z to voice the main guys... Most of the Funi voice DON'T FIT the chatcher at all... That just took people from DBZ and though it would make sense and it did not at all... If 4Kids had don't a more trueful dub you all would like it just fine! Funi voice cast was BAD... But you all can't get past that b/c you judge the 4Kids cast as bad b/c of the edit which is NOT there fault! Fyi Yu-Gi-Oh which also was done by 4Kids had ALOT of great voice actor in it that fit there roles and with edits made I add and NO ONE said there voices are bad at all. That all love there voices... But b/c One Peice was fail in 4Kids there voice actor are bad lmfao.... Fyi it was Toei who WANTED 4Kids to dub One Peice in the 1st place so people NEED to blame then for 4Kids dubbing it...

• @gohan6425 Again, that is your "opinion". And you are most welcome to have it. I just happen to disagree with you. And you know what? There's nothing wrong with that.

You really need to learn the differences between "facts" and "opinions". And you definitely need to learn to stop angrily snapping at people whose opinions you don't like.

• @SpacemanHardy Yu-Gi-Oh which also was done by 4Kids had ALOT of great voice actor in it that fit there roles and with edits made I add and NO ONE said there voices are bad at all. That all love there voices... But b/c One Peice was fail in 4Kids there voice actor are bad lmfao.... Fyi it was Toei who WANTED 4Kids to dub One Peice in the 1st place so people NEED to blame then for 4Kids dubbing it... Even Funi confirm that wanted to pick up One Peice when around the time 4Kids was getting the rights but Toei would not let Funi get it b/c that WANTED 4Kids to get it that HAND PICK THEM to dub it for them! I have MANY source to prove it so yeah...

• See, now you're just copy/pasting yourself. And that's sad even by your standards. :\

• @SpacemanHardy I only stated the facts here... Yu-Gi-Oh had edits everyone love the voices One Piece had edits in the 1st dub and everyone hate the voices b/c that hate the dub lmfao... Tell me HOW this is the voice actor fault for the edits of a dub!? #logic

• @gohan6425 at least collen's luffy sound like the Japanese luffy and not a stupid 9 year old.

Learn what talent is and your YouTube channel get some respect lol

• @gohan6425 Yes yes, we all know you hate Colleen Clinkenbeard, even though we showed you that she was Makina in Deadman Wonderland and Riza Hawkeye in Fullmetal Alchemist and proved to you that she does have roles you like... but the 4Kids dub had Sonic the Hedgehog make Usopp look deranged and caused Sanji to look like the mutant lollipop-sucking Twilight baby of Sylvester Stallone and Al Pacino! Besides, what's wrong with using DBZ actors? I thought you liked that dub. I'd also like to point out that Yu-Gi-Oh's dub, at least when 4Kids dubbed it, was also hated; Yugi's voice in the dub even became a MEME. It's a lot better now that 4Kids has folded into 4K Entertainment, but we still have that first dub in our minds...

• I think it's worth pointing out, that he doesn't hate colleen, he just really doesn't like her Luffy and Gohan voice.

• Now then, let's get back to the topic, shall we?

@SpacemanHardy @hcmetal022 @Getchman Who do YOU guys want to see?

• @hcmetal022 Lol no she does NOT! Erica Schroeder sound way better as Luffy! Not same dumb high pitch Colleen DBZ voice she alway used!

• @Gemnist I already made a thread about Colleen Clinkenbeard other voices and said sorry about it https://www.funimation.com/forum/topic/10362/colleen-clinkenbeard she is alot better then I though in some roles... But that does not change her stinking in DBZ and as Luffy... Again your judging the 4Kids Dub basic on EDITS! Not there voice performs! Your not proving anything by doing that... You ashley proving right,right now... Also lol wrong Everyone LOVE Dan Green Yugi voices dude! I don't know where you got that idea but you 110% WRONG! Next your going to said the Pokemon Voice Actor from 4Kids are bad right? Lol funny thing is it the NEW voice actors from Pokemon 2006-present that people HATE!

• @Getchman Yes Colleen is good... But I dislike her Luffy,Kid/Teen Gohan, and Kid Goku voices...

• @gohan6425 said in Actors you want to see in One Piece:

And I think Nico Robin was done better too as Veronica Taylor yes Veronica Taylor for 4Kids did Nico Robin! And it was one of the most underraibe pro-former ever in anime b/c the dub suck! No one looks at ANYONE pro-former in the 4Kids dub b/c the dub suck b/c of the edits... Veronica Taylor in terms of voice actoring was her BEST role as Nico Robin! Yes Ash from Pokemon was the one everyone and still my favorite and everyone will remember her as but Nico Robin was the best role she ever play as...

How cute, thinking Stephanie Young is anything less than perfect as Robin.

alt text

• You know what? I've heard enough.

Gohan, once again, as usual, you have derailed this topic long enough. I'm going to kindly ask you to drop the subject this instant, or I'll start deleting your posts.

Do I make myself clear?

Anyways, let's get back to the topic at hand.

Frankly, I'd love to see Ted Cole pop up somewhere in One Piece. He's been a lesser known favorite VA of mine for a long time now, so having him show up even in a minor role would be amazing for me. ^_^

• @gohan6425 I DID judge their acting. Jason Griffith butchered Usopp, while the decision to give Sanji an AWFUL Brooklyn accent may have been the directors' decision, but while it admittedly could have worked, David Moo butchered it by making it WAY too deep.

As for Colleen, I'll admit I didn't know about that thread, sorry.